XKR's are just Aston Martins but not as good

Discussion in '2001 Jaguar XKR-R Concept' started by Stimky007, Aug 9, 2002.

1. XKR's are just Aston Martins but of cheaper quality

2. Re: XKR's are just Aston Martins but not as good

The XKR-R concept is better than the DB7 and arguably better than the Vanquish. The stats are practically the same. I will say that in the car heirarchy the Aston Martin ranks just a step above Jaguar. <!-- Signature -->

3. Re: XKR's are just Aston Martins but not as good

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from GimmeaJaguar</i>
    <b>The XKR-R concept is better than the DB7 and arguably better than the Vanquish. The stats are practically the same. I will say that in the car heirarchy the Aston Martin ranks just a step above Jaguar. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Yes. Aston Martin is a bit higher than Jaguar, but the difference is very subtle.

4. Re: XKR's are just Aston Martins but not as good

they're basically now the same car.
    Except the Aston Martins have a V12 option.
    Based on Ford plans, it is the following
    Jaguar, is the main model line.
    Land Rover, will be it's SUV line
    and Aston Martin will be Jaguar's super race car.

5. Re: XKR's are just Aston Martins but not as good

Jags and astons are in a different market, and astons (SUPERCAR/GT) are about 2x the price of jags(EXECTUTIVE SPORTS CARS). I love this car, the front looks soo much better. I would still take a vanquish over the xkr-r

6. Re: XKR's are just Aston Martins but not as good

This is so not an aston martin. Different engine, different underpinings, different look, and the new one is all aluminum body. Astons are beautiful but this cat has its own INDIVIDUAL bite

7. Re: XKR's are just Aston Martins but not as good

is jaguire coping austin martin or the other way around. wich company made cars first

8. Re: XKR's are just Aston Martins but not as good

in that case than xkr's are bargain at the price than whats rong wit that

9. Re: XKR's are just Aston Martins but not as good

the only link that there was between jaguars and aston is that the aston martin DB7 was based on an older jaguar (sorry brief memory loss of its name, sports car with a V12) the Vanquish and the db9 are totally diff cars, although the xkr is based on ford parts (shared in some jags and ford mondeo etc)

12. Actually, the first DB7 was a 6 cylinder engine lifted out of the XKR, then bored out fron 3.6 litres to 3.8 if i remember right, with power increased to 335hp. The V12 came much later.