Yeah....

Discussion in '1930 Cadillac Series 452-A V16' started by Goransimic, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: Yeah....

Nice car, Nothing like the original.<!-- Signature -->

2. a v16 that takes 24 seconds to get to 60??? only 165 hp too!!! umm is the top speed like 60 or something??? sure it's old but a 165 hp v16???<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Yeah....

check its weight

4. Re: Yeah....

WHAT THE...?!?!, man... get real<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: Yeah....

lower weight doesnt change the horsepower, its slow cuz it has now power and no rpm's. but its 1931 so its ok<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: Yeah....

Cadillac quickly developed the V16 flathead to out do Lincoln, Pierce Arrow and Packard with there V12. Also, it was a relatively cheap car, only around $3000 for a chassis, compared to $9500 for a Duesenberg. Think of it as the difference b/t a Bentley and a Mercedes. Plus, you have no idea how much mind bending torque this thing had!

7. Re: Yeah....

besides its 1931!!!!!!!!!!!! they had not even been making cars and the internal combution engine for 45 years yet, damn man what more do you want, a 500 hp passenger car back then. Holy shit!!!

8. Re: Yeah....

you're right, the performance is pretty sad<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: Yeah....

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 550maranellokid</i>
    <b>you're right, the performance is pretty sad</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->well your expectations for a luxo-car of the early 30s is pretty sad, i mean this is the 30s, c'mon, what do you want? other than one of the most beautiful cars of the era, this baby is right up there with teh Duesys, do you want 1/4mile in the low 12s?<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: Yeah....

LMAO, OMG, people are badmouthing cars that are twice or thrice as old as them ! That's so hurtin' ! *Let's badmouth the Model-T while we're at it ! That's such an underpowered piece of sh|t ! Oh, and that first Peugeot ? What a piece ! I could build a better car w/ my ass cheeks !*

*sarcasm*

11. Re: Yeah....

How about you check out what other similar cars of teh time put out. This wasn't meant to be a world speed record car. Also have a look at the weight. 160hp in that era was quite good this thing had more power then the bently touring car of the time. So i guess what im saying is, before you say somthing, know what you are talking about first.<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: Yeah....

actual EXISTANT performance in this car aside... no one can argue that this is one of the most beautiful cars ever! i mean just look at it<!-- Signature -->