Yep that SS is a Carrer ending injury to the lightning.

Discussion in '2000 Chevrolet Silverado SS Concept' started by 2003 ss R, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: Yep that SS is a Carrer ending injury to the lightning.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from WakkaWu</i>
    <b>hahah but 175% true</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->I agree.<!-- Signature -->

2. #2 locoako786, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: Yep that SS is a Carrer ending injury to the lightning.

hahah lookit this... go ahead over to www.motortrend.com CHEVY trucks won the most out of the rest! haha ford! lookit rite here to save u time:

Past Winners

2001 Chevrolet Silverado HD
    2000 Toyota Tundra
    1999 Chevrolet Silverado
    1998 Mercedes-Benz M-Class
    1997 Chevrolet Tahoe
    1996 Ford F-150
    1995 Chevrolet Blazer
    1994 Dodge Ram
    1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo V-8
    1992 Ford Chateau Club Wagon
    1991 Mazda Navajo
    1990 Ford Aerostar 4wd
    1989 Toyota Xtra Cab SR5 V-6

And must you ask whats the 2002 Model? WINNER...Motor Trend's
    2002 Truck of the Year: Chevrolet Avalanche

oh whats this? ford got nother recall! lol

3. #3 2003 ss R, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: Yep that SS is a Carrer ending injury to the lightning.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from WakkaWu</i>
    <b>hahah lookit this... go ahead over to www.motortrend.com CHEVY trucks won the most out of the rest! haha ford! lookit rite here to save u time:

Past Winners

2001 Chevrolet Silverado HD
    2000 Toyota Tundra
    1999 Chevrolet Silverado
    1998 Mercedes-Benz M-Class
    1997 Chevrolet Tahoe
    1996 Ford F-150
    1995 Chevrolet Blazer
    1994 Dodge Ram
    1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo V-8
    1992 Ford Chateau Club Wagon
    1991 Mazda Navajo
    1990 Ford Aerostar 4wd
    1989 Toyota Xtra Cab SR5 V-6

And must you ask whats the 2002 Model? WINNER...Motor Trend's
    2002 Truck of the Year: Chevrolet Avalanche

oh whats this? ford got nother recall! lol</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->How true.<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Yep that SS is a Carrer ending injury to the lightning.

Yeah chevy and GMC are the kings of trucks. The srt/10 is hella sick though. I would probably take that truck if I could chose any.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: Yep that SS is a Carrer ending injury to the lightning.

ahh well

6. Now i know the ford guys are gonna say well the lightning is better because this and that blah blah blah. Im not going to go into details, you can read for your self. The SS is 150% better than the lightning hands down.

7. Re: Yep that SS is a Carrer ending injury to the lightning.

hahah but 175% true

8. Re: Yep that SS is a Carrer ending injury to the lightning.

i was hopin for more out of the production silverado ss. sorry guys, it's pretty disappointing. this damn concept looks tremendously better. this ain't no lightning killer and IF the srt-10 is produced....well, chevy's gonna have to go back to the drawing board. by-the-way...that list of "past winners" (of what? truck of the year?) is pretty lame. most are good picks, but give me a break....the freakin avalanche??? it's a damn truck version of the pontiac aztec with cheap looking plastic all over it to boot. the fact that the mercedes m class was listed in that was sick too. that only nice looking "avalanche" has a cadillac badge on it (the escalade ext). at least everything on it matches. still, this ss is a nice truck. just not the best.

9. Re: Yep that SS is a Carrer ending injury to the lightning.

what are you people talking about? the Lightning will be around for a long time! and if they keep adding 20hp every year (i don't think that they will but it's always nice to dream) before ya know it we'll have a supertruck! now don't get me wrong i'm not saying that they will or any thing.

10. Re: Yep that SS is a Carrer ending injury to the lightning.

how big of a retard do you look like? try looking at chevy's site and take a look at the numbers. last time i checked, the official horsepower rating for this big ass disappointment they want to call a sport truck was 345bhp. yeah...345...not 479....this was a conceptual figure.....aka, nothing more than some designers imagination. still think it will take a lightning....srt-10 even? haha...this chunky piece of shit won't beat it's little syclone bro...much less either of these two beasts. sorry chevy boy....they lied to you again. better luck next time, ass clown.

11. Re: Yep that SS is a Carrer ending injury to the lightning.

you guys make me sic...what are you 12?on chaevy's website it shows that as only going to have 345hp....sounds like competition for the harley davidson but the lightning? fat chance .....

excscursion-v10..its a beast

12. Re: Yep that SS is a Carrer ending injury to the lightning.

Ford cant stop chevy caues they are stealing the look for there 2004 mustang from the nissan skyline. they had to put a v10 in when chevy uses a v8 so ha

13. Re: Yep that SS is a Carrer ending injury to the lightning.

what the hell are you talking about? the next gen mustang has a lot retro style, not skyline. and what v10 are you talking about? obviuosly ford doesnt need to much to beat the camaro in 2004, just line up a 2004 model of each. ford should have a pretty easy time with that one. and this truck is not too good. i dont like the look, 4 doors is too many for a sport truck and they dropped the hp. good job chevy.

14. Re: Yep that SS is a Carrer ending injury to the lightning.

i love the new ss's and my dad just orderd one but with 345hp although they have awd..i think that they will lose to the lightenings which have more hp and rwd..which is teriibyl sad that chevy probably wont compte..but thats when BIG BAD DODGE and their SRT10 roll up and smoke the fords

15. Re: Yep that SS is a Carrer ending injury to the lightning.

The production SS is pretty cool as a regular cab in onyx black, but I absolutely hate the extended cab version. I am personnaly gonna wait till like 2005 to buy one, for 2 reasons. 1st, need to get money. 2nd if they have power increases, which most gm performance models have like the 2nd year they exist. I bet with a chip, intake, and some other small stuff though, the hp could go to 390.

16. Re: Yep that SS is a Carrer ending injury to the lightning.

i'm a ford man but i like the ss.i think it will lose though.i do think chevy made a mistake with the extended cab.the standard cab concept should have made production not this.

17. Re: Yep that SS is a Carrer ending injury to the lightning.

Settle down hillbillie. If someone just likes Chevrolet and GMC and no other companies (BigJoeT is a good example). Sad to say "YOUR A HILLBILLIE". I know die-hard Chevy fans but they like Porsches and a few Fords but they are not inbred like some people. Besides GM will produce it but it'll be more toned-down, while Ford will keep there SVT Lightning with the same engine as the concept.

18. Re: Yep that SS is a Carrer ending injury to the lightning.

Hey why dont you look at this. In the September issue of Motor Trend Magazine they say that the Ford and Dodge are competitors with each other and the Chevy is no major player in the ultimate muscle truck industry. Oh yeah and who has the best selling truck? Ford. Looks like Chevy is falling behind.

19. Re: Yep that SS is a Carrer ending injury to the lightning.

listen you idiot, at the time this was thread was started, this was gonna be the new silvarado SS. Then shortly afterwards chevy came out and gave the description of the new SS. So i was going by what this SS was puting up for numbers not the new SS. Oh yea and i have read the next gen SS is gonna be far more powerful than the new one.

20. Re: Yep that SS is a Carrer ending injury to the lightning.

listen you idiot, at the time this was thread was started, this was gonna be the new silvarado SS. Then shortly afterwards chevy came out and gave the description of the new SS. So i was going by what this SS was puting up for numbers not the new SS. Oh yea and i have read the next gen SS is gonna be far more powerful than the new one.

21. Re: Yep that SS is a Carrer ending injury to the lightning.

22. Re: Yep that SS is a Carrer ending injury to the lightning.

23. Re: Yep that SS is a Carrer ending injury to the lightning.

this is definitely no lightning or srt10 killer you idiots.

24. Re:
    Yep that SS is a Carrer ending injury to the lightning.

The Lightning is king of the sport trucks..best performance and looking for the money.