YIKES.. this thing looks like its gonna eat you...wicked power

Discussion in '1968 Ford Thunderbird' started by Rice Rocket 55, Aug 9, 2002.

1. damn this is an amazign car with great power and look s

2. Re: YIKES.. this thing looks like its gonna eat you...wicked pow

this should be the fast and the furious !!!<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: YIKES.. this thing looks like its gonna eat you...wicked pow

Actually, my dad's currently resoring one of the four-door t-birds from 68. Words such as "big, slow, elegant, and old-man's-car" come to mind, but fast and furious isn't included in there. Don't get me wrong, it'll get up and go, but the gearing's way too tall for any hot-rodding, the stats aren't true to date on these cars, as they were measured by 60's standards, (which was gross horsepower for those who don't know), and the weight was immense.

4. 1993 Trans Am or a 1968 Thunderbird

Alright I bought this Thunderbird at the begining of winter and now I need a new transmission because it is totally shot. I was thinking instead of putting money into it getting this 1993 Trans am. the guy wants $5,300 for it and it has about 93,000 miles on it plus a K&N air filter on it plus a sound system in it. My Thunderbird has the 429 in it and everything seems to be fine it it except the transmission. So if anybody has any ideas please let me know.
    Thanks~

5. Re: YIKES.. this thing looks like its gonna eat you...wicked pow

I'm restoring a 68 bird and I'm having some trouble w/ the vacuum system. I'm learning as I go. I fear this may be over my head. Could anyone give me some advice or maybe a schematic. my email is [email protected] Thanks.

6. Re: YIKES.. this thing looks like its gonna eat you...wicked pow