You guys are forgetting...

Discussion in '1966 Dodge D/Dart Super Stock' started by DiecastDomain, Aug 9, 2002.

1. ...this is a CONCEPT truck. For everyone that is jumping the gun & comparing this truck to the Ford Lightning is doing so prematurely.

Everyone here knows that concept does not necessarily mean actual production numbers. IF this truck goes into production, do you really think that it will have 500plus horses? Maybe, maybe not but I have seen plenty of hype about a concept, but once it makes it into production, it's very different.

Anyway, my point is to not jump to any conclusions. Dodge has a lot of work to do to churn out these kind of numbers & still be within emission standards & so on. I hope that this truck does make it to production & does not change that much. I personally like it a lot!!

<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: You guys are forgetting...

"The SRT-10 Dodge Ram and SRT-10 Viper will be released in production form early this fall."

I think you're the one forgetting. Read the stuff written about this Truck man. <!-- Signature -->

3. Re: You guys are forgetting...

you dumbass, he didn't say it wasn't going to be produced, he just said that most production car's performance numbers do not equal the concept version. <!-- Signature -->

4. Re: You guys are forgetting...

yes but they've promised a lot of things with this truck, a 500 h viper engine being one of them. you think they'd axe that? the lightening has 450 and i think they just wanna one up the ford, a LOT. the specs dont even compair and this is a production based prototype, i have my hopes up

5. Re: You guys are forgetting...

yeah you guys are forgetting something else, the GMC Syclone is still the fastest production truck. Its not like this big 'ole beast ( as cool as it is ) would be able to beat it!!! So to all of you who say otherwise it still won't be the fastest.......

6. Re: You guys are forgetting...

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from blazerspeed</i>
    <b>yeah you guys are forgetting something else, the GMC Syclone is still the fastest production truck. Its not like this big 'ole beast ( as cool as it is ) would be able to beat it!!! So to all of you who say otherwise it still won't be the fastest.......
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

The GMC Syclone may be close to 60mph bacause of the AWD but after that the SRT-10 would pull on it.<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: You guys are forgetting...

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from YyCloaknDaggeryY</i>
    <b>the lightening has 450</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Actually, it will be uprated to about 500hp for either 2003 or 2004, according to what I've heard and read.<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: You guys are forgetting...

i agree with blazer speed. the syclone/typhoons still rule even though they are ten years old. thats where ford and dodge messed up. they should have gone smaller. they should have crammed those engines in modified ranger/dakota engine bays. . . woulda takens some extra work, but the lighter truck would have been worth it. <!-- Signature -->

9. Re: You guys are forgetting...

I've seen big block Ranger's, and a few Dakota's with V10's, and they are not only scary, but they'll rape those old Syclones. And they were all RWD, not AWD like the Syclones. Were talking low 12's high 11's for the slowest ones. I'm sure they're a blast to drive too.

Oh, about the Syclones/Typhoons, I think that they are ugly as hell, and after seeing a 400hp 300zx take one, I'm scepticle about they're straight line performance being all that insane. Opinion of corse.

Venom<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: You guys are forgetting...

. . . ugly? ummm. . . may i ask . . how? they were just a totally black version of thier sister vehicles with bigger aluminum wheels and a lower center of gravity. . . (which is basically what is in that picture at the top of this page. . .) if you can't get past the logo adorning the front of the car, i feel sorry for you. the turbo charged buick v-6 they used was an awesome engine. . . i would take a syclone/typhoon over either of these trucks any day. . . <!-- Signature -->

11. Re: You guys are forgetting...

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Grizz2K4</i>
    <b>"The SRT-10 Dodge Ram and SRT-10 Viper will be released in production form early this fall."

I think you're the one forgetting. Read the stuff written about this Truck man. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I read & understand what the write up says, but the final product is what will convince me. As I stated before, Concept & actual production is sometimes very different. Take the PT Cruiser for instance, there is a car that had an AWESOME concept version. Chrysler indicated that the vehicle would go into production, would be very similar, this & that & look at the result. Still a nice looking & very popular car, but the concept was A LOT nicer.

Anyway, we will just have to wait & see what the finished product will be.<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: You guys are forgetting...

see this isnt a major issue here, this truck is cool, the lightening is still slow, and wveryone like the typhoon/syclone......Oh and by the way, after 60mph the turbo has properly spooled up and think of power to wheight. The syclone ( since were dealing with trucks ) has 345hp, 410lb/ft of torque it only weighs about 3200lbs with driver. The SRT however has 500bhp/torque and weighs roughly 4900lbs. So, because of its smaller weight and almost equal torque the SRT would not win.

13. Re: You guys are forgetting...

Guys guys guys... Typhoon and Sycloons have amazing launches because of their AWD. There 1/4 miles stock... suck. Don't jabber on about your buddy's buddy's Syclone or your friends friends V10 dakota. This forum is for real performance vehicals, not your buddy's project. Back to what i was saying the stock typhoon is 0-60 in 5.6 and 1/4 mile in a nasty slow 14.3. YES the truck is faster, but not over 2 seconds in the 1/4 mile. Count with me... 1 one thousand, 2 one thousand. Over 2 seconds is a hell of a long time in a race. Honestly who has raced someone and suddenly stoped at 60 mph. I would not even call it a race if i don't get up to 100. Your car was great but way back when... couldn't sell for the life of it... but cool. IT IS NOT AS GOOD AS THE PERFORMANCE FOUND IN THE NEW LIGHTINGS AND THE SRT TRUCK. SO PLEASE STOP SAYING "Waaaahhhh what about the syclone, waaaaahhh"

14. Re: You guys are forgetting...

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Orange F1LM</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from blazerspeed</i>
    <b>yeah you guys are forgetting something else, the GMC Syclone is still the fastest production truck. Its not like this big 'ole beast ( as cool as it is ) would be able to beat it!!! So to all of you who say otherwise it still won't be the fastest.......
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

The GMC Syclone may be close to 60mph bacause of the AWD but after that the SRT-10 would pull on it.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> The Ram srt-10, will be the fastest truck ever built from factory,

15. Re: You guys are forgetting...

guys guys come one now i've heard from some very reliable people that the truck we have a sticker price of some where between 35k and 45k. As for emisons, thay made the viper work so why not a ram, its the same setup if a diffrent vehical. but if your looking for a wild ride, get a 98' jeep 5.9, i'v got a supergharger, four barrel throtal body, cam, all roller valve train, big valve heads, headers, exhaust, and a computer. i can and have taken down lightings and cobras. and yet i still get 16mpg and michigan winters are no prob.

16. Re: You guys are forgetting...

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from GotSand360</i>
    <b>guys guys come one now i've heard from some very reliable people that the truck we have a sticker price of some where between 35k and 45k. As for emisons, thay made the viper work so why not a ram, its the same setup if a diffrent vehical. but if your looking for a wild ride, get a 98' jeep 5.9, i'v got a supergharger, four barrel throtal body, cam, all roller valve train, big valve heads, headers, exhaust, and a computer. i can and have taken down lightings and cobras. and yet i still get 16mpg and michigan winters are no prob. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> yeah but a 98 jeep looks gay, i dont care if it kicks my @$$ it still looks like crap. id rather be cruising in this beast and then when you pull up next to me and rev your engine, i just sit there minding my own business and you blast off and i just drive normally and everyone will say "He's so cool in that big black truck, that other guy, god his POS looks terrible."