You know, now that this car is a 6 speed, she's got 200mph poten

Discussion in '2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra' started by 67ShelbyGT500Mustang, Oct 25, 2002.

1. Re: You know, now that this car is a 6 speed, she's got 200mph p

I agree.

2. Re: You know, now that this car is a 6 speed, she's got 200mph p

HELL YES!!!!

3. Re: You know, now that this car is a 6 speed, she's got 200mph p

I don't think its capable of 200.

4. Re: You know, now that this car is a 6 speed, she's got 200mph p

If I remember right, this car was capable of doing 170 to 180 without the wing but due to lack of downforce was unsafe, so they limited it to 155. I have no proof but it will only do about what the cobra r could do.

5. Re: You know, now that this car is a 6 speed, she's got 200mph p

Correct me if I'm wrong, but on most cars that have six speeds the sixth gear is only really for cruizing. Due to the gear ratio and the approxiamate speed you could all ready due in fifth and fourth, drag would limit the gear to be about worthless unless you have some extreme power under the hood. The 2001 cobra's top speed is I think 150 (not positive, maybe only 140). I can't remember driving the one I had doing over 120, it just scared me. Anyway it hit it's top speed red lining in fourth. If you shifted into fifth at about 100, you just couldn't climb in speed fast enough, there aren't any safe highways in my area to even test whether or not you could top the car out in fifth. I just think the car is probably safe to drive and drag limited at about 180 mph if you add the wing, maybe 200 mph with 600 or 700 horsepower. The enzo has 650 hp, more areodynamic, and is drag limited at 218, for a very rough comparison.

6. Re: You know, now that this car is a 6 speed, she's got 200mph p

Well it already has almost 400 horsepower, and could reach speeds of up to 180, it just wouldn't be very stable with it's outdated platform and lack of wing. The Cobra your talking about had gear ratios similar to my 93' with the T-5. Once you go to fifth, it's just cruz. However, the Cobra's stock gear ratio was 3.27, mine are 2.73. This new Cobra has almost 100hp than the previous Cobra, and almost 200 more than mine. And it's got 3.55's as the gear ratio, and it has closer gear ratios similar to that in the Cobra R. This motor is so powerful, and it can rev higher than the 5.0s. Some 3.73's, a wing, and get rid of the gov., I think it could reach 200. Now mind you it wouldn't be nearly as stable as the Enzo, nor would it be able to reach such speeds as quickly, but I still think it would be able to reach it. But I wouldn't be driving it that fast but maybe twice the whole time I would own the car. At a race track.