you like this don't you .....

Discussion in '1990 Porsche 928 GT' started by SuperSonic, Aug 9, 2002.

1. this message was posted in 1992.

you will now understand how popular this car is....<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: you like this don't you .....

The 928 is Definately one of the best Porsches made. I have a 84 928S and I love everything about it. It sure beats everything else its age. Compare this car to the same year Vette and look how nice this car performs. In the 80's there was nothing like the 928 around. The american car industry is just now cathcing up with Porsches of the 80's.

3. Re: you like this don't you .....

The 928 was and still is a sweet ass car!<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: you like this don't you .....

definetively this is a sweet car... but i like the 911 more

5. Re: you like this don't you .....

I don't like the back end of the 928 but I think the front, sides and overall performance is good!!!<!-- Signature -->

6. 928 is better than the 911

The 928 has much better handling than the 911 due to the almost perfect 50/50 weight distribution. it was also more powerful than the 911 with 310 bhp. handing was also better than 911 thanks to the Weissach rear axle, which allowed passive rear-wheel steering. and it is fast 165 mph. it is faster than anything as luxurious, and more luxurious than anything as fast.

7. what is your car?

is your porsche 928S a US model or a euro model? i was just wondering. the euro has alot more horsepower.

8. Re: you like this don't you .....

True because the US version actually does have 288 hp and the Euro 310 either way the car is awsome<!-- Signature -->

9. Love

I got my 1985 928 S in December and man am I in love. The engine note is so addictive and the handling is perfect and my red leather interior makes me smile along with everyone else who sees it. And when I floor it and the accelerator kickdown comes in, I am in heaven.

10. Re: you like this don't you .....

I drove this car a few times & i must admit it stole my heart for a while. the 928 its alot like a C4 corvette but feels better on the road but the matanince on them are no joke! a porsche repair guy talked me out of buying one!

11. Re: you like this don't you .....

I am barely 17 years old but I have been a huge fan of the 928 ever since I was a little kid. And about a month ago my dream finally came true, I got the chance to drive one. Man what an awsome car. I drove an automatic but it was still able to light up the rear tires into second gear. One thing that i did not expect was the sound of the motor, it sounded like a tuned American V8. Either way it was sweet. Lets just hope that my dad will actually buy me one now!<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: you like this don't you .....

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Matthew4300</i>
    <b>I am barely 17 years old but I have been a huge fan of the 928 ever since I was a little kid. And about a month ago my dream finally came true, I got the chance to drive one. Man what an awsome car. I drove an automatic but it was still able to light up the rear tires into second gear. One thing that i did not expect was the sound of the motor, it sounded like a tuned American V8. Either way it was sweet. Lets just hope that my dad will actually buy me one now!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Lucky bum. I'm probably the same age as you, but my obsession for this machine is huge. I saw a Jet black 95' GTS once, and nearly pissed my pants it was so nice. <!-- Signature -->

13. Re: you like this don't you .....

I love the 928<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: you like this don't you .....

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 944turb0</i>
    <b>I love the 928</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Well spoken. Its a subtle sports car with a screamin V=8<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: you like this don't you .....

Do I like it,hmmmmmm nope I don't like it,I FREAKING LOVE IT!LOL
    In my opnion it looks way better than the 911s of it's day!

16. Re: you like this don't you .....

A true piece of craftsmanship and a whoop ass car!!
    My friend has a chance to buy one of these things and oh will it be #$%#ing nice baby, can't imagine what I'm going to do to it for him. I'm the mechanic of this operation he just buys the cars.

17. Re: you like this don't you .....

I looked for one over a year and finally when I had the money I bought my white-ex / red/black-in when I was 17. I had to drive from Florida to NC but it was well worth the trip (as well as the drive back!!). I would say to be ready to dish out in repairs. I bought the factory repair manual CD off of ebay for like 30 bucks and I do repairs myself. Im changing my own timing belt and WP which has saved me a thousand bucks in labor. It is a dream to drive, plain and simple.

18. I own a 83' "S" and man is the car amazing. I just want to tell the guy that said he was 17 and got to drive one to keep looking, because I bought my 928 when i was just 17 and am now not quite 18! If you really love the car an put time and effort into this car you will get amazing results.