ZL1 vs. Escudo Pikes Peak in 1000 meter dash

Discussion in '2000 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Concept' started by deuginthesky, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: ZL1 vs. Escudo Pikes Peak in 1000 meter dash

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from I Hate RustStangs</i>
    <b>I think it's comparing apples to oranges too, people think that the Escudo is such a bad ass racing car because you can use it in a damn video game! But guess what people? It's a damn rally car! It will never be used on a paved road so get over your dreams!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

The Escudo ISN'T A RALLY CAR !!!!!

It's made for the unlimited category at PP , Pikes peak ISN'T a rally !

2. Re: ZL1 vs. Escudo Pikes Peak in 1000 meter dash

and again this endless debate! the camaro was faster than any crap so stop arguing!<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: ZL1 vs. Escudo Pikes Peak in 1000 meter dash

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from I Hate RustStangs</i>
    <b>I think it's comparing apples to oranges too, people think that the Escudo is such a bad ass racing car because you can use it in a damn video game! But guess what people? It's a damn rally car! It will never be used on a paved road so get over your dreams!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

1)The Escudo has already won at Pikes Peak.
    2)It's nor a rally car , illegal in FIA WRC that is the SINGLE world rally series , it's a hill climber.<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: ZL1 vs. Escudo Pikes Peak in 1000 meter dash

this car is a better performer than the pikes peak escudo so you cannot say nothing negative about it.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: ZL1 vs. Escudo Pikes Peak in 1000 meter dash

<b>I think it's comparing apples to oranges too, people think that the Escudo is such a bad ass racing car because you can use it in a damn video game! But guess what people? It's a damn rally car! It will never be used on a paved road so get over your dreams!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->that is more than logic!no?

6. Re: ZL1 vs. Escudo Pikes Peak in 1000 meter dash

<b>That's not my point! My point is that you can find out about any car that is more powerful than others. Besides the Blitz Skyline couldn't beat this car anyway.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

How can you know it ??<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: ZL1 vs. Escudo Pikes Peak in 1000 meter dash

I think it's the 999999999999999999th time I have to say it...

THE ESCUDO ISN'T A RALLY CAR !!!!

IT'S A HILL CLIMBER.

IT'S ILLEGAL IN FIA WRC AS WELL AS RALLY CROSS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Understood ?<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: ZL1 vs. Escudo Pikes Peak in 1000 meter dash

For him its is not clear for me it is!

9. Re: ZL1 vs. Escudo Pikes Peak in 1000 meter dash

Escudo, Skyline? they are all Japs......I'll take good ole American Muscle- Camaro ZL1

Plus street legal vs not street legal dont compare

Just like the escudo vs ZL1
    or Just like your 8 second skyline( not street legal) and a (street legal) Chevy Vega 8 second also!

By the way fellas, V8s can be tuned more than inline 6(skyline)...SO dont speak.

And Us V6s(3800 Buick) can beat Jap inline 6(skyline) If both are tuned to the max, USA will win!

10. Re: ZL1 vs. Escudo Pikes Peak in 1000 meter dash

you are talking about the buick gnx the fastest v6 american rwd car ever produced. i am sure it would tear the skyline into pieces.

11. Re: ZL1 vs. Escudo Pikes Peak in 1000 meter dash

I sure AM!

12. Re: ZL1 vs. Escudo Pikes Peak in 1000 meter dash

good at least there are some people who know that the buick regal grand national was one of the most powerful and fastest american cars built in the eighties.

13. #63 BuickGNXkillsALL, Jul 22, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  14. Re: ZL1 vs. Escudo Pikes Peak in 1000 meter dash

I expected more from you.

15. Re: ZL1 vs. Escudo Pikes Peak in 1000 meter dash

BoredupR32, You notice that u are making a lot of enemies, because of your moronic and ignorant attitude?! You Just Say as You please! I do too, but only against the skyline, because I have seen it run repeatedly on the track and its performance sucked and it is SOOO Overrated

AND ZL1 will tear, mutilate, Rip and shred the skyline apart! and its street legal! Stock skyline isnt even street legal!!

16. Re: ZL1 vs. Escudo Pikes Peak in 1000 meter dash

LOL....it costs two and a half times the price of an N1 GTR.

If the GTR isn't street legal, why do I have one sitting in my garage?

If I am making enemies, it is because people like you don't want to hear facts....

The GTR is the only car in history banned because it won too much (Bathurst, Australia). The competition, Chevy LS1 powered cars. For four years straight, the only time an LS1 powered car finished ahead of an RB26 powered car was due to an engine failure....which occured in less than 7 races (IN FOUR YEARS!).

The R33 as a pre-production car set RECORD at the Nordeschliefe, breaking the 8:00 second barrier for the first time...EVER.

The GTR was undefeated in the N1 endurance races and Group A races for 5 years straight.

Since production of the RB26 powered GTR's, the GTR has led a major series every year.

A single Falken GTR entry, with private funding, placed 3rd at the Nurburgring 24 Hours in Germany in 2002, outrunning two Dodge backed Vipers, a C5R, 3 911 GT3 Cup cars among others.

If you don't see the wonder in that....there's no helping you.

17. Re: ZL1 vs. Escudo Pikes Peak in 1000 meter dash

If skyline was such a great car, why dont hey produce em here?

18. Re: ZL1 vs. Escudo Pikes Peak in 1000 meter dash

Nissan wanted a car for only Japan. The same reason the NSX-R or Lotus Elise (until now) was not offered here. Do you see Tuscans driving around? Also great cars.

Autocar (a British magazine) touted the car as one of the best cars they have ever driven (as did Car and Driver AND Road and Track in the U.S....despite being improperly tuned to be run on U.S. gas.)

19. Re: ZL1 vs. Escudo Pikes Peak in 1000 meter dash

If it was in such demand, they would bring em here and produce em here! because Its more money Nissan will make! SO I guess its not in high demand, or maybe Corvette Z06 is a better deal ey!

20. Re: ZL1 vs. Escudo Pikes Peak in 1000 meter dash

Why is the Z06 not sold in Japan....Oh, it must not be a great car!

That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.

The GTR is the most prolific grey market vehicle in the world. That right there tells you how good the car was.

Anyway....stop spamming up the Chevy forums. This belongs in the GTR forums (well actually....it doesn't belong anywhere decent car coversation is held...)

21. Re: ZL1 vs. Escudo Pikes Peak in 1000 meter dash

Chevy ZL1 in my opinion is a way better car than a skyline! If u are a professional, U can do good at turns with this Beast! Ya the handling does probably suck, but if your such a good driver You can make the turns!

22. So much Gran Turismo...

23. So much Gran Turismo...

24. I have the 71 hemi charger rt that raced the pikes peak race and set a record in the class with all the documentation. it ran 71-81 drivin by Ted Foltz.

25. These apples and oranges comparisons and so stupid. For one thing, the Escudo definitely has a better power to weight ratio, it has around 900hp and is under 2000lbs, and has AWD.
    However that doesn't mean it was designed for standing start acceleration runs. It's normally fitted with deeply treaded offroad tires for the gravely sandy conditions of pike's peak, it's also gearing limited to probably somewhere between a 120-130mph top speed. In addition to this it it's airdams and wings produce a ridiculous amount of drag inducing downforce to keep it planted around corners.

Basically it's designed for extreme grip and massive corner to corner acceleration on a loose surface. Nothing about it's design is focused on straight line acceleration or top speed. Of course the ZL1 would win a 1000 meter dash, because the Escudo would reach it's top speed even before it reached the quarter mile, while the ZL1 would keep accelerating.
    By the same token, I would not wanna be the one trying to drive the ZL1 on Pike's Peak, since I'd rather not die, and I think there's a pretty good chance it would fly right over the edge if pushed hard.
    Horses for courses people, stop making these ridiculous comparisons.