ZR-1 THREAD

Discussion in 'American Cars' started by HeyHuub, Jun 27, 2008.

1. ZR-1 laps the ring in 7:26.4

why the #$%# would a GTR owner be able to put up the same lap time as a nissan test driver?

2. ZR-1 laps the ring in 7:26.4

Unless the GT-R owner was someone like Sabine Schmidt how the **** could you expect them to get even a

3. ZR-1 laps the ring in 7:26.4

It's a true GT! it's the fastest car ever! It'll make 20 mpg, have space of golf clubs, suckle you peen under the dash, etc.

Dark matter anyone?

4. ZR-1 laps the ring in 7:26.4

"Despite posting one of the fastest times ever run by a production car, N�rburgring lap times were not an over-riding priority in the development of the ZR1. The truth is, if the only priority was speed at the ring, the car would not be very pleasant to drive on American roads."

This says a lot about a certain new japanese 'supercar'(that cant beat a corvette unless its a three year old version)

5. ZR-1 laps the ring in 7:26.4

The only reason why it got a better lap time is from the straights, really.

6. ZR-1 laps the ring in 7:26.4

STFU! GO BARREL ROLL YOURSELF OFF A CLIFF.

7. ZR-1 laps the ring in 7:26.4

- torque figure
    - gearbox
    - gear ratios
    - AWD combined with weight up front pivots the car round apexes
    - aerodynamics
    - confidence inspiring setup at VERY bumpy Nring. I guess you can hardly use full throttle in the ZR-1, whereas in the GTR you just point the car at the exit and fire it out.

Then again, these are guesses...

8. ZR-1 laps the ring in 7:26.4

How awesome is the GT-R than in a long awaited "OMG BLUE DEVIL"
    ZR-1 Ring thread all that's talked about it's the Nissan?

9. ZR-1 laps the ring in 7:26.4

Horst von Saurma-Jeltsch, sport auto magazine chief editor, drove the GT-R at the Ring, 7.39 was the best out of laps

10. ZR-1 laps the ring in 7:26.4

GTR, stock hardware, ring specific programing?

11. ZR-1 laps the ring in 7:26.4

Hold on, slow down here. It was a rolling start. The time with a standing start would be more like the GT R´s 7.29.

12. ZR-1 laps the ring in 7:26.4

Except the GT-R had a rolling start also, in case you missed the video.

13. ZR-1 laps the ring in 7:26.4

That is far more believable and, the best part, it wasn't done by nissan.

14. ZR-1 laps the ring in 7:26.4

when the truth comes out, that 7:29 lap for the GTR is going to be proven bullshit, watch.

15. ZR-1 laps the ring in 7:26.4

I have to agree, and from most angles you don't notice the hood.

16. ZR-1 laps the ring in 7:26.4

Passion.

17. ZR-1 laps the ring in 7:26.4

I doubt it. And in comparison to what? I'm sure the Zonda, CCR/X/XR/XRZGTXXXR, and LP640 all have better top end acceleration and aerodynamics, and they all certainly have higher top speeds. Anyway, the description of the lap said that there was a strong headwind anyway. Even so, if the lap time was really made in the straights, how would that make it any less legitimate? A fast lap around a course is a fast lap around the course.

The only application that this has in the real world is to point out that if somebody bought a 100k ZR1 and raced somebody of equal skill in a 600++k supercar, they could equal or better them.

18. ZR-1 laps the ring in 7:26.4

Since I will probably never own a GT-R or a ZR1, the most enjoyable thing about their existence is posts like yours. I hope to see a lot more.

19. ZR-1 laps the ring in 7:26.4

DAMN

20. ZR-1 laps the ring in 7:26.4

your name def. suites you........ b/c that comment was mindless

21. ZR-1 laps the ring in 7:26.4

So shouldn't there be something that's shows how the GTR and ZR1 get rolling starts, because I'm sure the higher end exotics could beat them if they had rolling starts too.

22. ZR-1 laps the ring in 7:26.4

most of them do get rolling starts. I know the Zonda F did.

23. ZR-1 laps the ring in 7:26.4

Every video of a ring time I've ever seen has been a flying start, not just rolling.

24. ZR-1 laps the ring in 7:26.4

That is the same thing.

25. ZR-1 laps the ring in 7:26.4

Nice, I'm glad GM finally did it right. Let's all keep in mind that the GT-R was designed to be a supercar and not a true GT. I think the V-Spec will satisfy the needs for massive speed on the Nissan so they will make the next GT-R more of a true GT.

The one thing that bothers me is that Nissan will at least release videos of the track time while GM won't? Kinda weird if you ask me.