1955→1957 Aston Martin DB2/4 Mark II
At the London Motor Show in 1955, Aston Martin updated their 2+2 known as the DB2/4 into the Mark II. The main upgrade was a raised roofline which was highlighted by chrome strip which ran around the roofline. At the rear Aston added two mini tailfins with taillights from the Hillman Minx. Later an engine upgrade was available with larger valves and high lift camshafts that produced 165 bhp.
|submitted by||Richard Owen|
|type||Series Production Car|
|production years||1955 – 1957|
|built at||Feltham, England|
Auction Sales History
1957 Aston Martin DB2/4 Mk II Fixed Head Coupe AM/300/1276 – sold for $286,000 A Documented 45,000-Mile Car. Purchased new by accomplished jazz violinist Marshall Sosson, this late-production DB2/4 Mk II, numbered 1276, has spent its entire existence in the temperate climate of Southern California. Repainted in its original colors in 1983, and its leather interior was renewed prior to its acquisition by the consignor.
Auction Source: The Pebble Beach Auctions 2015 by Gooding and Company
Chassis AM300/1241 was delivered on 22nd November, 1956 to the well-known Aston Martin/Lagonda dealer Brooklands of Bond Street and was subsequently purchased by Essex-based Ashtons Development Company. The car was special-ordered with non-polished aluminium castings, a wooden steering wheel and the striking two-tone colour combination of Ice Blue with a Peacock Blue hardtop and blue-grey interior. Both factory options and paint-colour combination are still present on the car.
Auction Source: 2010 Automobiles of London by RM Auctions