This Bentley Type S1, delivered new in France in 1957 by Franco-Britannic Automobiles, has had three known owners: Lord Campbell until 1977; Dr Moll, Lord Campbell’s dentist; and the current owner, who bought it in July 1980 as a comfortable means of transport for his pregnant wife. The car had then done 61,000 miles; it now has just over 75,000 miles on the clock. Maintenance was initially carried out by Franco-Britannic (invoice file to 1985). The second owner used Garage G. Cremoux, Leyland dealers in Brive (invoice file). Invoices from Garage Dizier in Paris indicate that more recent work has included replacing the spark-plugs, capacitor, drive-belts, water hoses and silent-blocks; repairing the locks and front/rear brakes; fixing the doors and the lid of the boot; and tuning the engine. The battery was changed in July 2007 and the cylinder-head tested and rectified in 2009, when the radiators were mended.
This left-hand drive Bentley S1 is painted claret and black, with original claret interior and discreet patina, is in fine overall condition, and comes with an extensive file of invoices.