Ferrari F430 Scuderia
The Ferrari 430 Scuderia. Michael Schumacher will officially unveil the car at the Frankfurt Motor Show. The new Ferrari 430 Scuderia will join the road-going V8 line-up alongside the F430 coupe and the F430 Spider. The 430 Scuderia is a truly high-performance 2-seater berlinetta which demonstrates how Ferrari’s Formula 1 know-how is carried across to its production cars.
The new model is a special series based on the F430 and is aimed specifically at Ferrari’s most passionate and sports-driving oriented clients. Development focused on light weight, minimum trimmings and innovative technology. All this to exalt the car’s extremely high-performance and ability to thrill the driver.
The new car can count on an extremely low weight-to-power ratio of just 2.45 kg per hp thanks to a low dry weight of just 1250 kg – 100 kg less than the standard F430, and to the naturally-aspirated 4308cc V8’s 510 hp at 8500 rpm.
Superb performance both on and off the track is assured by a series of cutting-edge solutions. There is the latest F1 software – Superfast – which reduces gearchange times to just 60 milliseconds, and new traction control which, for the first time, combines the E-Diff electronic differential and the F1-Trac traction and stability control in a single integrated system.
Vehicle dynamics, control and performance thus represent the zenith of Ferrari’s achievements in terms of developing road-certified sports cars.
The 430 Scuderia will be officially unveiled by Michael Schumacher on September 11 2007 at the IAA Motor Show in Frankfurt.
Standard Equipment and F430 Upgrades
- Electronic differential E-diff2 (E-diff + F1-Trac)
- F1 gearbox, 6-speed electro-hydraulic with triple-cone synchronisers on 1st and 2nd speed and double-cone synchronisers on others speed, new generation electronics and gearchange F1-Superfast 2 (up to 60 ms), paddle shift on steering column + reverse, Automatic mode and Launch Control (USA excluded) buttons on the tunnel.
- Dry double-disk clutch
- Carboceramic front disc brake, 398mm X 36mm, 6 pots aluminum calipers
- Carboceramic rear disc brake, di 350mm X 34mm, 4 pots aluminum calipers
- Five (double) spoke light alloy wheel rims, 19 inch front and rear
- Lightened power steering (ratio 64mm per turn)
- Personalization Programm
- Interior in light and technical materials: carbon fibre, black technical fabric, Alcantara and two-layer fabric with honeycomb + coloured below material (4 colours).
- Dashboard upholstered in black Alcantara with carbon fibre inserts for centre console and side air vents zone, windscreen defrost area in black technical fabric; instrument cover upholstered in black technical fabric no glove compartment on passenger side of the dashboard and little net on the central tunnel
- Central tunnel upholstered in black technical fabric with upper part in carbon fibre
- Rear bench wall in Alcantara, pillars in black technical fabric
- Headlining in two-layer fabric
- New light superracing seat with exclusive and innovative style, structure in carbon fibre and upholstered with technical fabric on side part of seat and back and two-layer fabric on central part of seat and back. Manual adjustment for longitudinal and seat back regulation, folding back with mechanic memory.
- Aluminium visible internal floor painted in ‘Grigio Corsa’ and with specific design
- Door panels in carbon fibre with net.
- Steering wheel in black Alcantara for upper and lower arches, black perforated leather for the sides and airbag cover.
- Central plate is in carbon fibre
- Paddle shift in carbon fibre
- Hand brake handle in black leather and gaiter in black Alcantara
- New instrument graphics with carbon fibre plate and coloured rev counter
- Engine Start button on steering wheel
- Integrated command for control of vehicle set-up on steering wheel
- Instrument panel with analogical instrumentation and little Multidisplay
- For the 430 Scuderia is available a specific personalization catalogue.
- Optional Rollbar and Radio system
- Electric Carbon Fiber Mirrors
- Double Stripes
- Rear Challenge Grill
- Carbon Fiber Engine Bay Vents
- Engine Bay Strut Supports
- Carbon Fiber Diffuser w/Central ‘Challenge’ Exhaust tips
- 430 Scuderia Script on rear
- Revised Front Wheel Well Scoops
Specs & Performance
|submitted by||Richard Owen|
|type||Series Production Car|
|built at||Maranello, Italy|
|engine||Aluminum Alloy, 90 Degree V8 w/Dry Sump Lubrication|
|valvetrain||DOHC, 4 Valves per Cyl w/Variable Timing, Variable Intake Tract|
|fuel feed||Electronic Sequential Injection|
|displacement||4308 cc / 262.9 in³|
|bore||92 mm / 3.62 in|
|stroke||81 mm / 3.19 in|
|power||380.3 kw / 510 bhp @ 8500 rpm|
|specific output||118.38 bhp per litre|
|bhp/weight||377.78 bhp per tonne|
|torque||470 nm / 346.7 ft lbs @ 5250 rpm|
|body / frame||Aluminum Monocoque|
|driven wheels||RWD w/E-Diff2, CST|
|wheel type||Five Spoke Light Alloy|
|front tires||235/35 Pirelli PZero Corsa|
|rear tires||285/35 Pirelli PZero Corsa|
|front brakes||Carbon-Ceramic Discs w/6-Piston Calipers|
|rear brakes||Carbon-Ceramic Discs w/4-Piston Calipers|
|steering||Lightened Rack & Pinion|
|f suspension||Forged Aluminum Wishbones w/Titanium Coil Springs, Anti-Roll Bar, Electronic Shock Absorbers|
|r suspension||Forged Aluminum Wishbones w/Titanium Coil Springs, Anti-Roll Bar, Electronic Shock Absorbers|
|curb weight||1350 kg / 2976 lbs|
|weight distro||42 % / 58 %|
|wheelbase||2600 mm / 102.4 in|
|front track||1669 mm / 65.7 in|
|rear track||1616 mm / 63.6 in|
|length||4512 mm / 177.6 in|
|width||1923 mm / 75.7 in|
|height||1199 mm / 47.2 in|
|transmission||F1 Superfast 2 6-Speed Sequential|
|gear ratios||3.29:1, 2.16:1, 1.61:1, 1.27:1, 1.03:1, 0.82:1|
|top speed||~318.7 kph / 198 mph|
|0 – 60 mph||~3.5 seconds|
|0 – 100 mph||~7.7 seconds|
|0 – 1/4 mile||~11.5 seconds|
|fuel econ epa||13.07 L/100 km or 18 mpg-us|