0-100 in 5.3 for a 2855kg car?

Discussion in '2003 Maybach 62' started by bob777, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Re: 0-100 in 5.3 for a 2855kg car?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Lorinser</i>
    <b>Thats extremely outrageously insane!! Make any Bentley ashamed...</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

It may be fast but it has a 48 foot turning radius. When they were pulling it in to the auto show it had to make a sharp turn at an intersection so they had to roll it over the other curb to get it across.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: 0-100 in 5.3 for a 2855kg car?

(gurgling noises).... I want one!!!<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: 0-100 in 5.3 for a 2855kg car?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Lorinser</i>
    <b>Thats extremely outrageously insane!! Make any Bentley ashamed...</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

lol. yeah and half that weight is the engine!<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: 0-100 in 5.3 for a 2855kg car?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from buvettei</i>
    <b>I think that was 0-60 in 5.2 seconds, but that's hard for even me to believe.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

hes talking about kilometers i think.<!-- Signature -->

5. Thats extremely outrageously insane!! Make any Bentley ashamed...<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: 0-100 in 5.3 for a 2855kg car?

true that, love it.
    Later<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: 0-100 in 5.3 for a 2855kg car?

Lorinser, is that a joke in your signature about the mazda?<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: 0-100 in 5.3 for a 2855kg car?

I think that was 0-60 in 5.2 seconds, but that's hard for even me to believe.

9. Re: 0-100 in 5.3 for a 2855kg car?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from buvettei</i>
    <b>I think that was 0-60 in 5.2 seconds, but that's hard for even me to believe.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

i think it would be safe to think that yes. lol
    Later<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: 0-100 in 5.3 for a 2855kg car?

900 nm kinda has that effect

i agree, a 6.75L T/T bentley only has 750 nm
    (strange how 750 nm can be dissapointing)<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: 0-100 in 5.3 for a 2855kg car?

even though its not a bentley state car, there is a bentley that can top this... Bentley GT -- 0-60: 4.9s

12. Re: 0-100 in 5.3 for a 2855kg car?

I can't believe it. A car that topples Bentley.

Sorry man O-60 in 5.3 seconds, just as much if not more dodads than a Bentley!, even more exlusive than a Bentley!, more technological advancements!, and competitave heritage to boot! **** man the Germans take it. I'm sorry Bentley, but this car is the ultimate luxo car.

13. Re: 0-100 in 5.3 for a 2855kg car?

You need to read the info. up above a little better.

14. Re: 0-100 in 5.3 for a 2855kg car?

Lorinser means 0-100 km/h which is 0-60mph.

This car is amazing, where i live it will cost from 950,000, of which around 300,000 will be tax, the government will make more money from sales than the car company.

15. Re: 0-100 in 5.3 for a 2855kg car?

the 0-100 is refering to kph, obviously.

16. Re: 0-100 in 5.3 for a 2855kg car?

wow look at that 900 nm !!!!! 900!!!!

17. Re: 0-100 in 5.3 for a 2855kg car?

The care is AWESOME...ITS A SUPERB LUXO, you wont hear a thing of the outside from the inside...and still it's superbly utlra fast!! just imaging it racing with an m3, the m3 will certainly win, but come one !! this one is 2600kg!!! there's maybe a pool table in it or something...LOL JUST KIDDING...awesome car...i would love to be in the back seats of one!!!! HELL YEAH AND I WOULD LOVE TO WORK AS A chauffeur also,, just to drive one of these!!

18. Re: 0-100 in 5.3 for a 2855kg car?

Yeah right, that's incredibly amazing...

19. Re: 0-100 in 5.3 for a 2855kg car?

yea, this is a lil better than a bentley, but they are completely different cars. if someone bought a bentley and used the extra cash left over from the difference of the maybach minus the bentley to modify it, im sure it could easily outperform this in many categories, yes?

20. Re: 0-100 in 5.3 for a 2855kg car?

u mean 0-60

21. Re: 0-100 in 5.3 for a 2855kg car?

I dont think Bentley has much of an after market, except for thugs who put 20's on them. The Bentley Continental Gt has around 550 HP and 610 ft-lb and goes 0-60 in under five seconds. Lets wait and see if they put that same W12 in the next generation arnage. Also, check out the new Rolls Royce from BMW in the latest issue of Auto Week. It doesnt have as much power as the new bentley and mayback, but it has a sweet interior.

22. Re: 0-100 in 5.3 for a 2855kg car?

*drools on keyboard* maybach...good...

23. Re: 0-100 in 5.3 for a 2855kg car?

i think this car is cool. and it is right up there with the bentley.

i dont realy care about the forum i jsut wanted to have story time and to get credit for being the first of us average joes to see one in person.

about a month after they annonced this car as a concept(about 1year ago) me and my dad were at gameworks in grapevine mills and along the way we happened to seee a couple of mecedes adn about 3 cars in the tape and all covered up, all cars had manufactrurs plates on them. two were suv and im still not certain what they were. two i now know as the e-type. but on one we could only see the tail lights adn we could tell the car was huge. after about 5 minutes i finally figured it out and told dad it was the maybach. he said you think so and then proceded to reach in the back seat to pull out the magazine "automoblie" and flip through teh pages and sure enough the car we were sitting next to was the maybach in its testing phases. those tail lights are hard to mistake. you can imagine the excitement of sitting in you regular everyday car adn looking at a car that cost almost twice what my house cost and then seeing it in the magazine article.

nobody probably cares but i thought id bring it up when i remembered it. since all of you people are obviously interested in the maybach you might think it is cool. the car we saw was all covered up but we could see that it was a modreately dark blue and then a navy blue on the stripe on the side.

for those of you who dont know grapevine mills is inbetween dallas and fort worth down in texas. it is a relatively new are of town but not the richest by far. just a developing area. the rich people live in plano, which isnt to far from here. grapeving is where everyone goes to have fun. definately not the place you would think to see a car undercover.