'17-inch ventilated disc brakes on each wheel'?

Discussion in '2002 Mazda RX-8' started by teknomusik, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Is this correct? If so, what are the size of the wheels? I think this is a typo.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: '17-inch ventilated disc brakes on each wheel'?

probably a mistake, supercars.net makes lots of them.<!-- Signature -->

3. #3 BMW ZETTA, Aug 10, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: '17-inch ventilated disc brakes on each wheel'?

i agree that 17-inch ventilated brakes r huge, esp. when the wheel size is 18-inches, therefore leaving only one inch of space between the rotor (and calipers)... This seems unlikely, but if u look at the BMW M3 CSL, it has 18-inch brakes (and according to Bimmer magazine (if i am correct)), has 19-inch wheels... this means that there is also only one inch of space between the wheels and rotors (and calipers)... one inch of space is definitely REALLY little, but it could still be possible... if the wheels are positive offset, it would probably leave enough space between the rotors and the wheel-side pat of the wheel... therefore leaving some space for the width of the calipers... height-wise, the area brake-side to the wheel slopes outward... this should leave a small, but large enough space for the rotor and the height of the brake calipers... check out the diagrams on the bottom of http://www.yokohamatire.com/04a4.html <!-- Signature -->

4. Re: '17-inch ventilated disc brakes on each wheel'?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from josheq2</i>
    <b>probably a mistake, supercars.net makes lots of them.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Well your wrong.