2002 Koenigsegg CC 8S vs 1997 McLaren F1

Discussion in '2002 Koenigsegg CC 8S' started by love of cars, Aug 9, 2002.

1. hmmmm...that would be a good race there, they both go 240 mph,the mclaren goes to 60 faster at 3.2 sec, but this car has a faster 1/4 mile...

my dibbs on the McLaren.

Opinions?<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: 2002 Koenigsegg CC 8S vs 1997 McLaren F1

what kind of lateral g's can this pull? the Mac was a bit of a pig in the corners (.94, I think) which is pretty good, but for a $1 million it should stick better.

3. Re: 2002 Koenigsegg CC 8S vs 1997 McLaren F1

McLaren F1 = £750,000
    Koenigsegg CC = £250,000

McLaren F1 = BMW V12
    Koenigsegg CC = V8

Koenigsegg is same speed, cheaper to buy, cheaper to run and better looking than McLaren F1<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: My ass looks better than this car

Well put, I'd go with the Koenigsegg CC 8s. I also think it looks much better. I'm pretty sure that it would beat the Mclaren too

5. Re: 2002 Koenigsegg CC 8S vs 1997 McLaren F1

Koenigsegg definetly, I've never been a big fan of the mclaren F1, too much emphasis on cost with that car. This car is as fast if not fast and costs 2/3rds less

6. Re: 2002 Koenigsegg CC 8S vs 1997 McLaren F1

The Koenigsegg CC 8S is way faster and way nicer.
    Koenigsegg CC 8S for me!

7. Re: My ass looks better than this car

I'll put this as nicely as I can...YOU'RE A DUMBA$$. Pure knowlege and common sense would tell you that the McLaren is the winner here.
    If you'd consider the facts before you open that hole in your face, then you'd find that you were so stupid for opening it in the first place and saying what you said.

McLaren777 and McLarenMan would both agree with me. The McLaren is definitely 1st place here; not just because were such big McLaren fans, but because it's just the facts that we go by and know.

8. Re: My ass looks better than this car

amen, could not of said that any better

9. Re: 2002 Koenigsegg CC 8S vs 1997 McLaren F1

mclaren would definetly come out on top, but, does the CC 8S cost over on mill? didnt think so. performance aint everything, value is

10. Re: 2002 Koenigsegg CC 8S vs 1997 McLaren F1

Ok. Maybe the Koenigsegg will be a little bit faster. But, come on, the Mac was born in like 12 years after this, so; Which one deserves the credit? I mean, the F1 was a revolution, and it's still being like that.

11. Re: 2002 Koenigsegg CC 8S vs 1997 McLaren F1

naw, i dont think the C8 will be faster than the mclaren, although i thought so before, i dont think it will

12. Re: 2002 Koenigsegg CC 8S vs 1997 McLaren F1

IT WOULD FUCKIN SMOKE A MCLAREN

13. Re: 2002 Koenigsegg CC 8S vs 1997 McLaren F1

You're so f&#kin stupid! You f&#kin dumba$$!

Go f&#k yourself! You f&#kin sh!t head!

I'm sorry, but comments like that just drive me crazy that people just don't get it...you just don't post sh!t like that!

~Geez

14. Re: 2002 Koenigsegg CC 8S vs 1997 McLaren F1

Wow! Those things really drives you bad. But, don't get so mad, since the Fucker that post that, only to disturb the order. Just like some kinda' parasit.

15. Re: My ass looks better than this car

i hate to disagree, but the cc8s appears to pull more lateral gs. it has a much faster 1/4 mile, so it will be better off the start. the macca has poor downforce which is why it achieves such speed. but this isn't a very fair test as the macca is alot older.

16. Re: My ass looks better than this car

POOR DOWNFORCE???? Are you F-in stupid too?? Geez, where'd you go to school, Dumb A$$ High?? Know what you're talking about before you post,...GOT IT?! How much more plain should I put it for dumb freaks like you?

Believe me, coming from a professional perspective of this kinda thing, I design cars, and I know about aerodynamics and downforce BUDDY, and YOU my friend know as much as a kid that doesnt know how to keep his foot out of his mouth and realize how bad it tastes...in other words, the comment that you have currently posted was basically one of the most unintelligent things I have ever read...almost as bad as Automobile magazine having made unjustly ratings on the Farrari F40 in the Oct. issue. AAAAARGH

Sometimes I just wish some people would get a life other than blurting out crap that they dont know what they're talking about.

17. Re: My ass looks better than this car

dumbass high? is that the best you can do, o cloth-eared one?

the driver who tested the mclaren said it was incredibly unstable at high speed- ergo it has poor downforce. also, 0.94 gs is sh*te.

by the way, i could run round a track faster than the mclaren. just gimme 2 quid for a bag of sugar, ill pour it in your tank and bobs your uncle your cars knackered.

and why would someone intelligent enough to be a car designer be so offsive? my conclusion... you aren't a designer (or youre a very crappy one)

18. Re: My ass looks better than this car

The Mclaren has only a little positive downforce to negate any lift at high speeds. And if you understood aerodynamics, you would see why the highly intelligent design team at Mclaren decided that the car they were desining would actually be hurt by massive downforce. The ferrari supercars (f40, f50, enzo) have tons of downforce because they are meant to be fast track cars. The F1 was to be the ultimate road going supercar and to be the worlds best drivers car. The F1s downforce is not a disadvantage, but an advantage.

19. Re: My ass looks better than this car

Oh, really? If you are, please tell me 5 "profesionall" aspects that you must consider for the aero-design.

20. Re: My ass looks better than this car

thankx for the back-up.

we really should stop meeting like this.

21. Re: My ass looks better than this car

Do you think so?

22. Re: 2002 Koenigsegg CC 8S vs 1997 McLaren F1

would have to go for the koenigsegg

23. Re: My ass looks better than this car

Im glad you design GO CARTS NOW PLEASE SIT DOWN N SHUT UP.
    If this car had a reasonable chance of beating a F1 dont you think they would have at least put it to the test by now?? Hell if I made this Great car and thought it may be faster id talk to the cars maker and put up to fair showdown!

24. Re: 2002 Koenigsegg CC 8S vs 1997 McLaren F1

I will kick your ASSES!!!

I dont design go-carts...I design REAL SUPERCARS. Is that clear enough for you fu@k nuts?

All you guys are so stupid.

25. Re: 2002 Koenigsegg CC 8S vs 1997 McLaren F1

The Koenigsegg is faster and it has been proven. period.