2002 Lingenfelter Corvette can do 0-60 in 1.97 sec.

Discussion in '2000 Lingenfelter 650 Corvette' started by A Buddha, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: 2002 Lingenfelter Corvette can do 0-60 in 1.97 sec.

funny outburst from chev991 as in his signature it says ferrariare perfect no mention of a lingenfelter anywhere!

2. #27 67chevelle, Oct 26, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: 2002 Lingenfelter Corvette can do 0-60 in 1.97 sec.

"i dont care about 0-60 in 1.97"
    -ya, because the holeshot doesnt mean anything... but I kinda agree that other speeds such as 60-120 are more important then 0-60, but if you can find any of these 60-120 (or something close to that)times for the 1000hp skylines you are always talkin about i will go look up some lingenfelter vette times, some times of vettes running prochargers(centrifugal superchargers) and shit like that and we will compare.

"there are endless 1000+hp skylines, supras, 300zxs, rx7s that could beat this car, all for less than $150,000 (real price of a modified 427TT)"
    -alright, mr physics major, when did ($50,000+$51,000)x $0.07 (tax) = $150,000? In reality it =$108,070, so, sorry man ur still 40 grand over
    -and show me some of these cars, and i have been to suprastore.com and seen the supras there... (28psi- now thats reliablilty)

"since im allowed slicks, i'll just bring along a hillclimb car shall i?....it would be laughable to compare a 600hp, 950lb class-1 hillclimb car to a big fat Vette, they dont cost much either....or howabout a dragster?....2000hp is fairly easy to get with a limited budget and that would absolutely waste a 427TT"

1.) i was talking about your simply amazing skylines and supras that can allegidly kick this things ass so badly.. not hill climbcars or drag cars..

2.) Why are you comparing a hillclimb car, (that hillclimbs, not drag races or races on pavement tracks) to the lingenfelter or any other production car that has been modified professionally..

3.) Bring your 600hp, 950lb class-1 hillclimb car, i will bring my 750hp 1100lb tt northstar v-8 sand rail and we will see who wins in a drag race..

4.) Bring your 2000hp limited budget drag car (that is only good for one thing, drag racing.... no way! and guess what? the lingenfelter isnt made for just drag racing, people actually race them on tracks, what a concept) I will bring my $60,000 procharged mustang that runs a 6.75 quarter - http://procharger.com/race2002/race2002frameset.html

5.) Also since value is so important to you my dad had a 57 belair that he built himself that was naturally aspirated and ran a 9.9 quarter, he had less then 10 grand into it, (basically a drag car, only it was an everyday driver)- you wanna talk about limited budget?

3. Re: 2002 Lingenfelter Corvette can do 0-60 in 1.97 sec.

1st of all, my comments were aimed at Chevs991 who said that asians couldnt come up with anything to beat the 427 in the 1/4

im not really in2 this whole tuning cars thing, but i know that there r modified japanese cars running low to mid 9s, ive got videos of RX7s and Supras doing so...ask some1 who's interested in them to list the tuners and times etc. And by the way, 28psi isnt too bad at all, group b rally cars regularly ran at 35-40psi, mid 80s Le Mans cars from japan ran 30-35psi for the entire race

1) u said i could have ANYTHING on slicks
    2) in britain, hillclimb means racing up a normal asphalt road with a single-seater F1-style car, not dirt racing like Pikes Peak
    3) call me dumb and british but what does sand rail mean?
    4) my dragster is only good for drag racing?.....so is a 427 on drag slicks, funnily enough. You cant race around a road course on drag slicks, they wont last 5 minutes....and since this whole topic is centred upon the 1.97 time, drag slicks r required
    5) value isnt important to me at all, comparing different priced cars is fine by me if its fine by u

this was never supposed to be a jap vs US thing, i like both...it just annoys me when either side doesnt appreciate that the other 1 can build fast cars (drag racing is non-existant in europe which is y no1 bothers making 9sec porsches/ferraris etc)

4. #29 67chevelle, Oct 27, 2002
    Re: 2002 Lingenfelter Corvette can do 0-60 in 1.97 sec.

heres a link to a sandrail page- this one is a four seater, but the faster ones are one or two seaters that have twin turbo LS1's or Northstar V-8's pumpin out anywhere from 650-800hp, they are crazy fast.. my friend has two, each with a 525hp turboed subaru engine in them, and it is one of the fastest things i have ever ridden in http://www.quicksandperformance.com/specials.html

This is my friends two seater (he dropped 65 grand into this)- http://www.funco-motorsports.com/Hustler.htm

-does anyone know the 0-60 time with street tires for the vette?

5. Re: 2002 Lingenfelter Corvette can do 0-60 in 1.97 sec.

hehe, those things look cool

theyre sort of like the things that race around iceland in the Formula Offroad championship here in Europe, these things are mad, theyve got 1000+hp Chevy V8s, 4WD, 2ft wide custom tyres - they can climb literally vertical slopes and still jump in2 the air at the top, and more amazingly can drive OVER water. Given an 80mph run-up they just glide over the top for several hundred feet!!

i'd say a 427TT on street tyres would be slower to 60 than a stock Z06, purely because of uncontrollable wheelspin - motor trend said it smoked its tires well past 100mph so i'd say about 4 seconds at best

6. Re: 2002 Lingenfelter Corvette can do 0-60 in 1.97 sec.

I would say that even the lingenfelter vette pails in comparison to the lingenfelter Sonoma. IT is a completely stock looking small truck with 4wd that was tested by car and driver to do 0-60 in 2.9 and quarter in 10.5, and it had a very high drivability rating. It runs C5r (the best car ever made) components and is damn fast. Also it isn't flashy and ugly like those little jap cars. And the best part of all is that you can actually car loads in the back. Unfortunately in the tests C&D ran it broke its tranny because it had so much power. Now thats a beast.

7. Re: 2002 Lingenfelter Corvette can do 0-60 in 1.97 sec.

a sonoma that breaks its transmission whilst being tested by a magazine....now thats craftsmanship for you

is that the sort of quality that can be expected on your $100,000 Vette?

8. Re: 2002 Lingenfelter Corvette can do 0-60 in 1.97 sec.

probably and if its boost u wanna argue about then look at the proper racing trucks (y know the ones that haul big trailers not cars with the back missin) they run twin turbos at 5.5bar (70+psi)
    for entire races pusing out over 1300bhp at under 3500rpm

9. Re: 2002 Lingenfelter Corvette can do 0-60 in 1.97 sec.

true Impreza, but u cant compare diesel to petrol

1 is compression-ignition so turbocharging it merely increases the MASS of air going into the engine, since the compression ratio takes care of increasing the pressure to its predetermined flash point

u could probably run 10bar turbos on a diesel but not on a petrol because the fuel has a much lower flash point

compare petrol/petrol or diesel/diesel, never mix

10. Re: 2002 Lingenfelter Corvette can do 0-60 in 1.97 sec.

ok but i wasnt comparing i was just saying, if u want petrol turbo then look at the 80's formula one cars 1.5 litre engine 1200bhp due to the boost, bit unreliable though

11. Re: 2002 Lingenfelter Corvette can do 0-60 in 1.97 sec.

yes the reliability was fairly rubbish, BMW tried 70psi and got 1400hp on the dyno, but broke 12 engines in total, just in testing

this was of course using hydrogen peroxide rocket fuel and with water injection (yup, that stuff that doesnt burn)

12. Re: 2002 Lingenfelter Corvette can do 0-60 in 1.97 sec.

Quote from ch1c4n3:
    "i'd say a 427TT on street tyres would be slower to 60 than a stock Z06, purely because of uncontrollable wheelspin - motor trend said it smoked its tires well past 100mph so i'd say about 4 seconds at best"

Wouldn't this same line of "reasoning" also apply to the 800TT (on stock, OEM street tires vs. Mickey Thompson ET's).

Does anyone know if the 427TT retains the factory traction control?

13. Re:

Sorry, Chicane, hate to burst your bubble on this one. LOVE your post on the "No. 1 Street Legal Car" Thread, though.

No way a Vehicle with more Horsepower and comparable drivetrains (IE: two Corvettes) will be slower than one with less hp. It might burnout more - if you stomp on it. But with the same HP, if you give a little of the holeshot, traction is there and the rest of the run is full-throttle heaven.

An experienced driver, given this car and no slicks, should be able to bring it within a half second of that 0-60 time with slicks - 2.5 sound OK? Too slow?

I may not be John Force, but I KNOW that if this car can do sub-2 seconds 0-60 on slicks, I can keep it under 4 second without 'em.

Oh, and about hard compound racing slicks (NASCAR, F1, etc..): My friends use 'em sometimes, they're cheaper than real drag slicks. Heat em up real good, they'll stick like glue, expecially with a little trackbyte under 'em. So you can run a road race than launch a 1320 with the same results as with soft compound slicks.

Also, Mickey Thompson makes street legal drag ET's, and I've seen cars pull the tires with them. So if you show me a car that can do under 2 seconds 0-60 with slicks on, I can make it street legal with the same results. And it'll handle ALMOST as well as it would with regular tires - they're soft-compound radials. Just thought I'd throw my three cents in.

14. Re: 2002 Lingenfelter Corvette can do 0-60 in 1.97 sec.

damn i love a good argument, i aint letting u win this 1 without a fight!

dont be so sure a street-tyred 427TT would run 2.5 to 60

ive never heard of a car with such laughable traction as the 427TT (according to motortrend, who TRIED to get some decent times on street tyres) so im sticking with my "high 3s to 60"

since u like my physics so much, here goes...a CART car can do the 1/4 in 9.3 at 166mph (basically the same as the 427TT but with a much higher speed) and yet on this run, it hit 60mph in a fairly-rubbish 3.7 seconds

now lets compare the numbers here, a CART car absolutely demolishes a 427TT in power/weight and isnt far behind in torque/weight and it has race slicks. The 427TT has street tyres and u think it can take a WHOLE SECOND out of the indycar up to 60???

care to explain how?

15. #40 Camaro Roller, Nov 3, 2002
  16. Re: 2002 Lingenfelter Corvette can do 0-60 in 1.97 sec.

is that the vid of it racing a viper up the quarter?

17. Re:

Chicane, you make my day. Try this one on buddy:

CART car is designed to run at almost 200 MPH, and whilst retains it's sub-10 second quarter (do to a furious pull at higher RPM's), it is neither geared NOR does the 3.0 liter engine retain the low torque it needs to compete with Corvette's engine, at almost double the size.

While the Corvette has a streetable cam shaft (mid-range torque curve for 3000 RPM clutch drops on the strip), the CART-mobile has a very high-end specific torque-power curve setup needed to keep it in the race at the tops of 5th and 6th gears.

HOWEVER - show a 'Vette doing 3's and 10's, and won't *****, if you get my drift. I'll give a 3.0-second 0-60. Fair?

18. Re: 2002 Lingenfelter Corvette can do 0-60 in 1.97 sec.

CARTs are designed to run 240mph, 427TTs are designed to run 240mph, CARTs are geared to pull hard out of tight corners on road courses, 427TTs are geared to pull hard all the time...seem quite similar to me

of course the CART cant match the Vettes torque (actually 2.6 times more displacement) but its weight ratio isnt far behind, but yes the CARTs torque curve is hardly ideal for 1/4 times

u started at 2.5, now you're saying 3 flat...now we're getting somewhere. Maybe low-3s if u spend all day perfecting your technique, but, like the similarly explosive TVR Speed 12 (just to show im not biased) the massive power will surely overcome even a talented amateur driver

19. Re:

One things for sure - if I had one, I'd probably kill myself. 0-tree in 3.5 seconds.

20. Re: 2002 Lingenfelter Corvette can do 0-60 in 1.97 sec.

hahahaha, SO true!

21. Re: Re:

what sort of idiot could hit a tree on a race track, thats the only place u gonna grip to pull off the claimed times.

22. Re: Re:

ITs not the nubers that matter. Even they are not solid. It depends on too many variables (temp etc.). The only thing that is for sure is that it is damn fast.

23. Re:

Impreza, just shut the #$%# up, your arguements are getting alltogether lame. "The only place you're going to get grip is on a race track." Like a race track is made of a magical material that responds better to tire cohesion than any other new asphault surface. Put a Formula 1 race car on the street and it'll handle just as well as on the track. Where do you get this stuff??

Properly staged, all-weather tires will get just as much grip on the street as on the track. And SLICKS, whew...

24. Re: 2002 Lingenfelter Corvette can do 0-60 in 1.97 sec.

actually, something has to be said about the track surface on a drag strip - it is coated with soft sticky rubber from previous runs so enables the car to grip better straightaway. A car may be able to hit 30mph in 1.5sec on a strip, but only 2sec on a street. But yes, a road course is just like a normal street (if its a newly laid street, that is)

25. Re: Re:

firstly a f1 car will not hndle on the road anywhere near aswell as on track.

yes racetracks are made of different material to normal roads and yes it does have more grip. at least in the UK anyway. and i dunno if u got confused but i was refering to a race track not a drag stip.
    and where do I get this stuff, its called experience,try driving a car as hard as youcan to a track then try driving it round the track its a serious improvement.