2002 Lingenfelter Corvette can do 0-60 in 1.97 sec.

Discussion in '2000 Lingenfelter 650 Corvette' started by A Buddha, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: 2002 Lingenfelter Corvette can do 0-60 in 1.97 sec.

"My first time to the track was pretty funny. I had never driven on a drag strip before and was a little anxious. My friends had always told me that that the drag strips have a lot more traction than the street so I figured that a 3000 rpm clutch drop would be about right. Haha, I almost did a doughnut off of the track. I laid way off the throttle to regain traction and slowly worked my way up to 2nd gear where I figured that I had enough traction to floor it. Nope. Not a good idea. I almost went off the track again. Now granted, the track was a bit slippery that day but that was a bad run. I think I had a 13.9 at 114. I never ran faster than a 13.3 all day. Not a bad trap for a Gen I
    ---Makara"

2. Re: 2002 Lingenfelter Corvette can do 0-60 in 1.97 sec.

was that just for comedy or was there a point to it (keep in mind im refering to bendy tracks eg Laguna Seca not a dragstrip I know they are crap if not been used for a while.

3. Re: 2002 Lingenfelter Corvette can do 0-60 in 1.97 sec.

Who said that was meant for you?

4. Re: 2002 Lingenfelter Corvette can do 0-60 in 1.97 sec.

Thanks, Guibo.

And thank you, Chicane.

Impreza, read their posts. Guibo just proved there's no more traction to be had on a Drag Strip than the Street on Saturday night. And yes, I KNOW you were talking about a race track - that's where Chicane's post comes in. End of discussion.

Chicane - valid point on the drag strip's inevitable rubber coating. However, after staging, soft compound drag slicks reach about 330 degrees, then cool to 160 or so - ideal for sticky traction on asphault, but making things a bit slippery when they come in contact with already-melted rubber compound.

5. Re: 2002 Lingenfelter Corvette can do 0-60 in 1.97 sec.

2002 Lingenfelter Corvette can do 0-60 in 1.97 sec, quarter mile 9.25 sec. costs the same as the 800TT viper, has about the same horsepower but goes faster. Motor Trend tested it against a F-18/A fighter jet.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    First Rule Of Italian Driving: What's behind you isn't important.

I have that Motor Trend Article. and 1.97 sec is not for 0-60. its for 0-20 dumbass. learn to read.

6. Re: 2002 Lingenfelter Corvette can do 0-60 in 1.97 sec.

where did chicane post anything? and anyway i said i know drag strips can be slippy as i said i was refering to circuits, no one has put forward an argument against it apart from saying im wrong, now that just wont do.

7. Re: 2002 Lingenfelter Corvette can do 0-60 in 1.97 sec.

Well since i cant post in the thread that this was in i will ask a queastion here.

Guibo "Wanna talk about why the Viper has a 1-4 skip-shift feature? How the hell does skip-shift help you win at Le Mans? But, ah. It proved quite useful in C&D’s comparo where it matched both the NSX-T and the 993 Turbo S for fuel economy: 16 mpg. This, from a pushrod V-10 with more than 100% more displacement."

is this 1-4 ship shift to do with engine or gearing/drivetrain, if it it engine is it sortof like VTEC?
    just askin as I know bugger all about pushrods. afterall not to many cars here have em

8. Re: 2002 Lingenfelter Corvette can do 0-60 in 1.97 sec.

i did, me, chicane

9. Re: 2002 Lingenfelter Corvette can do 0-60 in 1.97 sec.

The skip-shift feature is on the Z06 and the Viper. In moderate, light driving, it'll lock you out of 2nd and 3rd gears. Floor it or use more than moderate throttle, and it won't lock you out. This is a fuel-saving measure, and since the Z06 and Viper will pull hard in just about any gear, it doesn't affect drivability one bit.

10. Re: 2002 Lingenfelter Corvette can do 0-60 in 1.97 sec.

i'd hardly call locking out 2nd/3rd gear a "feature". In what way does it benefit anyone?...anyone with a manual tranny and a braincell can remember not to use 2nd/3rd gear if he wishes to save fuel cant he? even if he doesnt have a braincell he can have a little bit of paper next to the stick with "not 2/3" written on it

11. Re: 2002 Lingenfelter Corvette can do 0-60 in 1.97 sec.

Yes, but we're not discussing brain cells. Try skipping 1-4 on a Honda S2000, and let me know what happens.

12. Re: 2002 Lingenfelter Corvette can do 0-60 in 1.97 sec.

ah yes, so the "feature" is the high-torque engine, not the skip-shift

13. Re: 2002 Lingenfelter Corvette can do 0-60 in 1.97 sec.

nah the feature is the 1-4 skip which imo is actually a nice idea its just mated to the high torque engine. good way to save fuel.

14. Re: 2002 Lingenfelter Corvette can do 0-60 in 1.97 sec.

...and one that is used when the EPA tests these cars for mileage on their treadmill.

15. Re: 2002 Lingenfelter Corvette can do 0-60 in 1.97 sec.

what are the power and torque figures for the 2002 lingenfelter turbo jobbie

16. Re: 2002 Lingenfelter Corvette can do 0-60 in 1.97 sec.

factory figures are 725hp/650lbft, Motortrend turned up the boost to an APPARENT 802hp/866lbft but in reality their car was more like 930hp-ish (as shown in another forum, by....ME!) on the day it was tested

17. Re: 2002 Lingenfelter Corvette can do 0-60 in 1.97 sec.

Which forum is that? Wow. That's not a bad specific output at all for such a large, pushrod engine.

18. Re: 2002 Lingenfelter Corvette can do 0-60 in 1.97 sec.

the one called "02 Lingenfelter quickest street legal car ever"...or something like that

good specific output? not really considering the boost it uses - anyways read what i said in that forum before making your final judgement (be careful now, u might just come out quite impressed)

19. Re: 2002 Lingenfelter Corvette can do 0-60 in 1.97 sec.

i say that this 0-60 in 1.9 secs is total bullshit! how the heck can a street legal car be allowed to run that on the road? show me some proof that this car actually does this and then maybe i might believe! do any of you actually know how fast 1.9 secs is? that's just a little slower than what the top fuel dragsters pull off when they're racing. i don't see how this piece of american crap can pull this off just by a few tune ups. i know for a fact that F1's may or may not go that fast, but this is just being plain ridiculous! if any of you have any links to a vid or two with this car actually going this fast, then please post 'em!

20. Re: 2002 Lingenfelter Corvette can do 0-60 in 1.97 sec.

try reading Motor Trend, or going to their website.

its not too unbelievable, 930hp + drag slicks = hella fast

by the way, top-fuellers do 0-60 in about 0.5sec, not 1.97sec.
    "Vanishing Point" did 0-60 in 0.16sec, thats the best ever i think - pulling a brain-squashing 19g on the way thanks to its 28,900hp (no typo) rocket engine

F1 cars can do it in 2.7sec (Jag R3 test results)

21. Re: 2002 Lingenfelter Corvette can do 0-60 in 1.97 sec.

he he if you can get hld of it buy the current Max Power magazine, it has a Renault 5 GTT with the owner saying it has 523bhp!
    and it has it has the 1.4 turbo engine but it has a 200bhp shot of n20 and its only running 9 times the origonal boost!(40+psi) and yes he has melted the engine twice!

22. Re: 2002 Lingenfelter Corvette can do 0-60 in 1.97 sec.

getting back to that 1-4 skip shift - when I test drove a 2002 Z06 I didn't even know if the car had it. It never intervened no matter how slow I was accelerating. But hahaha I laughed my head off at the prospect of an S2000 skipping from 1 to 4 - have fun taking 25 seconds to accelerate from 15 to 40 mph.

23. Re: 2002 Lingenfelter Corvette can do 0-60 in 1.97 sec.

Impreza, u have just totally fallen off my respect ladder - M** P**** comes direct from hell, i passionately HATE that "magazine"

as one person put so well "i thought the worlds biggest tits would be found in playboy....then i read a copy of max power" LMFAO

24. Re: 2002 Lingenfelter Corvette can do 0-60 in 1.97 sec.

oh thanx just because i read a magazine mens i can get no respect, i also read , top gear auto car mostorpors news auto express and ccc so u gonna complain about all them, oh and japanese performance to.
    there is nothing wrong with Max Power, i never said i liked that R5 i think is bloody stupidits as bad as the people who say the camaro ZL1 was really impressive cos of all the power, well with a 10+litre engine what the hell u expect.

tell me something thats really wrong with max power, bear in mind they are fighting to make it better for motorists in this country

25. Re: 2002 Lingenfelter Corvette can do 0-60 in 1.97 sec.

oh i can really get in2 M** P**** bashing. It is an absolute embarassment of a magazine, written and read by people with a mental age of about 12. Shitty little car + 5 grand body kit does not a good car make. Its filled with boy racer cars who think the size of the stereo in the boot is more important than the actual car. They occasionally, VERY occasionally have a nice Supra or RX7 in, but even they are ruined by stupid body kits.

I have respect for tuned Camaros with 600hp, i have respect for tuned Skylines with 1000hp, i have ZERO respect for some #%$got in a metallic pink Vauxhall Corsa on 18s with 90hp under the hood with drum n bass shite pumping thru the speakers.

if its fast and has SUBTLE styling tweeks, i like it - if its a 1.1-litre Saxo with a whaletale spoiler then i piss myself laughing.

I HATE boy racers, i HATE 'cruisers', anybody with a Fiesta RS Turbo, an XR3i, a Mk2 Golf can park their shit on the other side of the road