2003 SVT Cobra vs. 2003 Corvette 50th Anniversary

Discussion in '2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra' started by Logical Heretic, Mar 30, 2003.

1. Re: 2003 SVT Cobra vs. 2003 Corvette 50th Anniversary

The Cobra R was only made for 2000. The 2003 took many of the lessons learned from the R, upgraded them and used them in conjunction with the supercharged modular 4.6 engine. The biggest hurdles for the Cobra vs the Z06 is weight (600 lbs.) and drag (those huge inlets cost). Stock vs stock the Z06 is the better ride in straightline or twisties, not by very much mind you and not for 15K more. For less than 5K a slightly modded '03 Cobra will take the '03 Z06, again, not by much but for much cheaper. Each car fits it's segment nicely. Me, I'd love to have both but the Cobra will do...

2. Re: 2003 SVT Cobra vs. 2003 Corvette 50th Anniversary

What he said, but the Cobra is imo, a cooler ride. And dont anyone say Im stupid or retarded or whatnot and dont question my choice cuz Ive seen more Z06s than Cobras on the road and I can honestly tell you, the Cobra looks ALOT cooler. Plus, you dont see many modified exhausts on Vettes, but ya see quite a bit on Cobras, allowing for the car to seem even more ferocious.

3. Re: 2003 SVT Cobra vs. 2003 Corvette 50th Anniversary

This is a stupid comparison, for the guy who said lets race a SVT vs. a Z06, thats stupid, thats like saying les race a Z06 vs. a Ferrari. The SVT's MSRP is $35,370, the Z06's MSRP is $52,985. Thats not even close, if you really wanted to race them, for the 17 grand diff, you could put a turbocharger or supercharger, new block, and heads, and suspension and the SVT would smoke the living daylights outa the vette. So if it was me I would pick the SVT by far!

4. Re: 2003 SVT Cobra vs. 2003 Corvette 50th Anniversary

Yea true for the most part, but the vette has a lot more potential, it also weighs a lot less, it will ultimately handle better then an svt cobra. The only real advantage that mustangs have here is they are cheaper so you have more money for moding outside of that the vette is superior in every way really.

5. Re: 2003 SVT Cobra vs. 2003 Corvette 50th Anniversary

Has more potental? Im not sure about that. Cobras can take boost much better. (24 odd psi, with the stock bottom end.)

6. Re: 2003 SVT Cobra vs. 2003 Corvette 50th Anniversary

Potential, no. Here's why:
    The Z06 is a two valve pushrod. The Cobra is a 4-valve DOHC. Though the Cobra's engine may be heavier (alot heavier actually, lol), the Cobra has 2 extra valves per cylinder. Plus, with the s-charger on the Cobra's engine, Ford was able to use lower performance parts than without using the s-charger (obviously). This means that the Cobra has more room for improvement.

Though the Z06 is lighter and its engine as well, it costs 20,000 more (roughly) and with that 20 grand you can get a weight reduction package and a better suspension system and still probably save money. Plus, the Cobra has the s-charger already on there which is an easy way to increase power substantially.