2004 GTO vs. firebird in performance.

Discussion in '2004 Pontiac GTO' started by 2003 ss R, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Re: 2004 GTO vs. firebird in performance.

no, this car was originally the holden monaro. hsv has nothing to do with this, which is a shame for the americans because they make some very fast cars.

Oh and r34vspecOwner every holden commodore/monaro (except one tonner) has independant rear suspension

2. Re: 2004 GTO vs. firebird in performance.

unless this is going to run a 13.1-2 with the 6 speed then the firebird is faster. as far as handeling its the gto hands down.

3. Re: 2004 GTO vs. firebird in performance.

the article is wrong..the gto will do 0-60 in the 5.5 and and the 1/4 mile in under 14..it will at least compete with the firebirds

4. Re: 2004 GTO vs. firebird in performance.

I agree with japCarsSuck1 - What the hell are the GM people in Australia smoking? Firebirds looked way BETTER than the Holden's or the GTO's, and what the hell is Pontiac doing to the Grand Prix? The back end looks like shit. Bring the F-Bodies back! They looked way better, the GTO is starting to look like some Imports out there, wtf GM???

5. Re: 2004 GTO vs. firebird in performance.

thats your personal opinion but most pepole outside of the US say you guys have the worst taste in cars.
    And the gto is an import

6. Re: 2004 GTO vs. firebird in performance.

Uhhh.. The GTO is being built by GM, therefore its Domestic. Yeah it may look the same as the Australia Holden or whatever, but its still built by GM. GM is a Domestic AMERICAN Company. I'm Canadian, but #$%#.. American Cars LOOK WAY TIGHTER.

American Muscle 4 life

7. Re: 2004 GTO vs. firebird in performance.

yes gm is an american company but it isnt being made in america. its imported, which as far as im concerned makes it an import
    and looks like the canadians dont no a good car when they see it either then

8. Re: 2004 GTO vs. firebird in performance.

You're a complete idiot. Everyone has their own opinions. I like a car that looks "mean and sharp" like the f-body production cars. Who wants to buy a car that looks sqaure and the same as every other car out there? That's what's beginnning to happen now.

9. Re: 2004 GTO vs. firebird in performance.

hrmm so if everyones allowed their own opinion then how am i an idiot for stating mine?
    if you see a gto in real life they do not look anything like your average car, they look so much better although the aussie version is nicer again

10. Re: 2004 GTO vs. firebird in performance.

GM Made a BIG Mistake. There are cars are looking terrible now, I mean the new 2004 Grand Prix's look like crap from the back, they should be making them 2-door as well. Getting rid of the F-body cars, especially the Firebird was a big mistake. That car had the meanest, sharpest looks I have ever seen for a car for $30,000 US. The GTO is looking like a sqaure piece of sh1t. I mean, c'mon GM. What are those people in Australia smoking ?

The Firebird would rip the GTO up anyway, just by the way aerodynamics are on the firebird compared to the GTO.

Are there any good cars on the road anymore?

11. Re: 2004 GTO vs. firebird in performance.

thats not us aussies fault if you americans decided to turn one of the best looking cars currently in production into a "square piece of sh1t". and if yo saw a monaro/gto in real life they arent square looking at all, there very rounded especially at the back and the roof line

12. Re: 2004 GTO vs. firebird in performance.

HSV or whatever your name is, you aussie's really have bad taste in "looks" for cars. The monaro and HSV or whatever the hell it is looks exactly the same as a GTO and yes it does look round and sqaure, just like every other car on the road. The Firebird had a MEAN, Sexy, Sharp look to it.... GM cars are looking like SH1T now.

13. Re: 2004 GTO vs. firebird in performance.

correct me if i'm wrong (as i prefer imports to domestics, but i do like domestics a little bit) but this has an all-alluminum (sp?) block and headers....that isn't an ls1?
    the ls1 has an iron block and aluminum headers i believe which gives the transam more weight (but that evens out with the two extra doors on the gto) BUT that gives the trans am a MUCH larger potential to hit the higher hp's and also you can spray the hell out of it, as opposed to aluminum which is lighter but weaker.
    and the gto looks like a buick on steriods compared to the trans am which looks mean as hell.

14. Re: 2004 GTO vs. firebird in performance.

lol then toyota and honda are domestics? b/c they are manufactored in the u.s.

15. Re: 2004 GTO vs. firebird in performance.

well thats yous personal opinion but all you americans cant tell the difference between such obviously different cars. the hsv coupes and monaros look a lot different to the gto from the front (the backs are the same)
    and the gto looks round and square? how does that work, its cant be both there opposites

16. Re: 2004 GTO vs. firebird in performance.

yeh alright i can see your point there and no there not domestic. they are designed and engineered in japan and also made there

the monaro/gto is designed and engineered in australia and built only in australia and imported to america, which makes it an import

17. Re: 2004 GTO vs. firebird in performance.

the firebird weighs lke 300lbs less. And I'd say the aerodynamics area better on teh firebird too.

18. Re: 2004 GTO vs. firebird in performance.

19. Re: 2004 GTO vs. firebird in performance.

Phat ride impaler...I like how it looks

20. Re: 2004 GTO vs. firebird in performance.

well thats a bit hard to tell without a wind tunnel but without actuall figures i can tell ya holden spent a long time trying to get the shape more aerodynamic so the gto wont be to bad