2008 NSX??

Discussion in 'Asian Forums' started by V8stangman, Dec 7, 2006.

1. i wouldn't trust this rumour mag. looks like an odd almagamation of rx7 nose, SL proportions and civic backlights. next to the original senna classic, this one looks, dare i say it, ORDINARY

2. i wouldn't trust this rumour mag. looks like an odd almagamation of rx7 nose, SL proportions and civic backlights. next to the original senna classic, this one looks, dare i say it, ORDINARY

3. looks like a chevy aston martin

4. I've seen similar photos, sans badging, to be named as the new Supra. It's not a bad design...but definately not in the spirit of the NSX.

BTW - has there ever been a successful change in the layout of a car (Mid/RWD especially) where the name has remained the same...and the car has been successful? What about engine types? I may just be drawing a blank, but I can't think of a single one. And no...I don't mean like an I4 to a V6 Accord...

5. Corvette went from a straight six to a V8. The lotus esprit went from a tubro four to a turbo v8. Did the original 911 have a flat four?

6. 1951-1957 a flat 4 powered the 911

7. That is actually quite wrong. That was the porsche 356. The 911 didn't appear until 1964. There was a derivative of the 911 called the 912 from 1965 to 1969 that had a flat four. It is an honest mistake on your part, but do check facts in the future.

8. If they make the NSX front-engined w/ AWD I'm going to shoot Honda in the face. ALL OF THEM. But seriously, I really doubt they'll do that.

9. interesting news since the R8.

10. I don't have a problem with AWD, but I don't think a front-engined car would still feel like an NSX. Call it something else...wouldn't be the end of the world.

11. thats what we said about the new Charger and "new" GTO.

12. the front looks like a Ferrari

13. There are certain cars with heritage that people wouldn't follow to a new platform. Like the outrage that ensued over rumors of a FWD Mustang in a car that eventually became the Probe.

The NSX on the other hand doesn't have that kind of status. Sure it was popular in the automotive press in the early to mid 90s but after 3 generations of 911, Vette, and 2 Viper it got left behind in the pack.

14. The second generation probe was a good car

15. If that's the new NSX, then I've lost all respect fo Honda.

16. Interesting.
    ----
    While the car does look nice, I certainly wouldn't like it if it were front-engined. That would just ruin the whole spirit of the NSX. Whoever said they would shoot Honda in the face if they did that...let me help you. heh.

17. Nothing more than BS.

18. would they really double the power input from the last one?

19. Impala/Corvette/Aston Martin/Phaeton?

20. heres some more pics

21. hasn't this concept been out for a long time?

22. looks like an ugly zonda.

23. Since 2003 I think.

24. I was thinking more of a poor man's Zonda.