2010 Acura NSX test mule hits the 'Ring

Discussion in 'Asian Forums' started by Da Fizza, May 22, 2007.

1. #1 Da Fizza, May 22, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    http://blogs.edmunds.com/Straightline/2801

As we expected, the 2009 Acura NSX test mule spotted in a garage just outside the Nurburgring eventually made its way onto to the test track. Seeing the car out in the open reveals just how different this prototype is from the S2000 shell it's based on. The wheelbase has clearly been stretched out with the driver sitting almost dead center in the chassis. The width doesn't appear to have changed much, but the wheels and tires are definitely bigger than anything seen on an S2000. And you can disregard all of this sheetmetal by the way as we've heard this car is getting a full redesign after a cool reaction to the Sports Car Concept shown in Detroit.

Then another link...

http://www.thetorquereport.com/2007/05/2010_acura_nsx_caught_testing.html

Spy photographers spotted an interesting Honda S2000 in a workshop next to the Nurburgring. They managed to catch a few shots of the car, although it has remained in the workshop all day. What is interesting about the S2000 is that it has been heavily modified with riveted panels to add length and width to the car.

The hood line has been beefed up and the passenger compartment is also bigger. This test mule is very close to the new 2009/2010 NSX and Honda could be using this heavily modified S2000 to test the upcoming powertrain and platform for the next NSX. Notice the four tailpipes in back, the huge B Pillar and the heavy-duty double wishbone suspension.

2. Is there any hope at all of this thing being mid-engined? Maybe that's a transverse V6 back there??

Wishful thinking...

3. great news! lets hope this NSX makes a bigger worldwide impact and gets the respect it deserves.

4. There have been rumors that the new NSX may even be front engined. However, looking at the mule, it seems likely that it's mid engined...which should translate to the final car.

5. Gives off too much RX8 vibe.

6. Looks like a retro S2000...I like the old NSX and it looks better too....This 2010 NSX sucks ass...

7. It's a test mule.

8. It's a test mule

9. Youre right I just over reacted...

10. That's a freaky looking mule.

11. hell yes its freaky.

if it ends up looking like that i'll flip.

12. lol @ Musclecarheart/hollywood/Exer

13. NooB rules:

READ THE ARTICLE BEFORE YOU POST!

It's a mule...clear as day - it's a testbed for the engine...nothing about the skin is/will resemble the NSX.

Warning once, permaband next...

j/k. Well...sort of. Seriously - it wasn't a 2-3 pager

14. i know that! shit.

i said i'll flip if it ends up looking like that though i KNOW it wont.

15. Even if it stays that ugly, I would still buy it over a corvette.

16. this piece of shit is going to be front engined. Why the hell didnt you go with the HSC Honda? WTF?

17. +1

18. OMG IT LOOKS SO DUMB!!! WHAT IS HONDA THINKING STYLING THEYR HALO CAR LOIKE THIS?!?

19. R KIDDING RITE? U DINT KNOE DIS IS A MULE????

/Joao Gois LOL

20. Why me? I know it's an S2K body on it, I actually read the 1st post. I was merely saying that it looks freaky as hell with the S2K body all tweeked like that.

21. ORLY?

22. OMGHOLYSHITWOW!!! THE NEW NSX LOOKS SOOOOOO COOOOOOOOL LIKE THE S2K!!!!!!

Actually...that does look kinda cool. I'm still curious on what it WILL look like as the Advanced Coupe concept is apparently not what Honda is going to go with in style anymore. I really like the rear of it.

But seriously...that's a cool looking test mule!

23. +2

24. Looks like an S2k and a RX8 had mad sex that gave birth to a "test mule".

Can't wait for the new NSX, hopefully Honda does some improvements this time around, and I think we all know where those impovements could be made.