2013 Porsche 911 Carrera 4, 4S Leaked

Discussion in 'European Cars' started by V8stangman, Aug 25, 2012.

1. #1 V8stangman, Aug 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    The 2013 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 and Carrera 4S isn’t set to make their world premiere until the 2012 Paris Motor Show late next month, but images of the four-wheel drive coupe and convertible have already hit the Internet.

Similar to its rear-wheel drive counterparts, the Carrera 4 will sport a dual exhaust setup, while the more powerful 4S model will feature a quad-tip exhaust system. Exact specifications on the models have not been released yet by the German automaker, but we do expect it in the coming few days. What is a guarantee however, is that the powerplants will be identical to the ones found in the rear-wheel drive models.

The Carrera 4 will be powered by a 3.4-liter, flat-six engine with 345-hp and 288 lb-ft of torque, while the 4S will sport a 3.8-liter, flat-six with 394-hp and 324 lb-ft of torque.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2012/08/2013-porsche-911-carrera-4-4s-leaked.html

2. the strip is lit now

v nice

3. Nice, as usual.

4. i'll give this to the 991, it does look sharp. obv waiting for the turbo and gt models before i pass final judgement

5. porsche awaits with bated breath

6. they are revisiting those models in advance of final judgement

7. really want a brown one

8. Looks nice, I bet a cabriolet would work even in winter. One such for me + older RS for summer.

9. I hate 911 cabriolets. Some good looking cars just dont look good with the roof off and this is probably one the best examples I can think of. It looks like a bathtub IMO.

10. I hope they don't make the Turbo look like shit. The regular Carrera has been the best looking 911 since they killed the 993.

11. I don't like the 991 it is just too wide.

12. the only thing i dont like about the design of the 991 are the foglights

13. The 997 and 991 are almost identical in width. It varies depending on model but they're very close. some 997s are actually wider than the 991.

most of the visual width at the front will be an optical illusion as the headlights are further apart.

14. boss has a new cabrio, its pretty nice in person

15. same here

16. That's wayyyy too much text on the rear tho.

17. It may be marginal but they crossed the line just like they did with the 996. We'll see what they'll do with the racing versions but for road cars I have little hopes.

18. The bathtub look is much lesser in 991 than elder models. I do agree 911 suffers from this lookswise.

19. #19 Thebdm, Aug 27, 2012
  20. That tint brown is probably the best colour for any car, so hot

21. the early 996 carreras look like shit

22. #22 christofurr, Aug 27, 2012
    That's nothing that can't be fixed when you order it.

23. iphone joke, cause 4s

24. #24 V8stangman, Aug 27, 2012
    Lighter, faster, more agile: the new 911 Carrera 4

The new Porsche 911 Carrera 4 unites the excellent
    performance and efficiency of the new generation of the 911 Carrera with the dynamic
    benefits of the latest version of the active all-wheel drive system Porsche Traction
    Management (PTM). The typical Porsche all-wheel drive with rear-focused layout in this latest
    911 version guarantees maximum vehicle dynamics on a wide variety of road surfaces and
    in all weather conditions. The new 911 Carrera 4 models deliver significantly enhanced
    traction and dynamic performance.

The new all-wheel drive 911 is being launched in four versions – as the 911 Carrera 4 and
    911 Carrera 4S and each as Coupé and Cabriolet. They sport the same traits as the rearwheel
    drive versions: their lightweight body design, suspension, engines and gearboxes are
    identical, the only exception being modifications related to the all-wheel drive. This means
    that despite a higher level of engine and driving performance, all four models consume
    significantly less fuel than the previous models; total savings for individual versions are as
    much as 16 per cent. In addition, the new 911 Carrera 4 is up to 65 kg lighter in weight.
    The most distinct identifying feature of the 911 with all-wheel drive is still the wide rear
    section: compared to the two-wheel drive 911 Carrera models, the rear body is wider by 44
    mm, and the rear tires are each ten millimetres wider. The traditional red light band that
    connects the two taillights has also taken on a new form and is now lighted. In addition, the
    front air intakes are specific to the Carrera 4 models.

Porsche Intelligent Performance: high levels of driving performance, low fuel
    consumption
    All new models have a 7-speed manual gearbox as standard, and the Porsche
    Doppelkupplung (PDK) gearbox is available as an option. The 911 Carrera 4 Coupé with
    350 hp can sprint from zero to 100 km/h in as little as 4.5 seconds (Cabriolet: 4.7 s) and
    reach a top speed of up to 285 km/h (Cabriolet: 282 km/h), depending on equipment
    features. Transport Canada highway fuel consumption figures with PDK are 7.1 l/100 km for
    the Coupé and 7.3 l/100 km for the Cabriolet.

The Coupé and Cabriolet of the 911 Carrera 4 S each have a 3.8-litre rear-mounted boxer
    engine that produces 400 hp; offering an acceleration to 100 km/h in 4.1 seconds
    (Cabriolet: 4.3 seconds) and a top speed of 299 km/h (Cabriolet: 296 km/h), with a suitable
    equipment configuration. Fuel consumption values with PDK are 7.5 l/100 km for the Coupé
    and 7.6 l/100 km for the Cabriolet, according to Transport Canada.

New: all-wheel drive indicator, Porsche Active Safe, extended Sport Chrono pack
    In the new 911 Carrera 4, a new menu in the instrument cluster informs the driver how the
    PTM all-wheel drive is currently distributing engine power. In addition, with the debut of the
    911 Carrera all-wheel drive models Porsche is introducing the optional Adaptive Cruise
    Control (ACC) to the entire model range, which controls distance to traffic ahead and vehicle
    speed. When ordered with PDK, the ACC system adds the safety function Porsche Active
    Safe (PAS), which helps to prevent front-end collisions. In addition, driving the 911 with a
    manual gearbox and Sport Chrono pack can now be even sportier: In Sport Plus mode, the
    system automatically double-declutches during downshifts.

The new all-wheel drive models replace a very successful previous generation; the Carrera
    4S was the most popular 911 model in Canada. It feature a unique system that combines
    the driving pleasure so typical of a Porsche thanks to the engine at the rear and rear-wheel
    drive with an even higher standard of driving stability, traction and agile handling.
    To achieve this superiority, PTM feeds the optimum share of engine power under all driving
    conditions via a multiple-plate clutch to the front wheels. And doing this within 100
    milliseconds at the very most, PTM is faster than even the quickest driver will even feel or
    notice. Porsche's all-wheel drive therefore "looks ahead" thereby offering optimum driving
    qualities. Standard on Carrera 4S models is the Porsche Torque Vectoring (PTV), which adds
    a mechanical transverse lock on the rear axle enhancing the driving dynamics provided by
    the fully controlled all-wheel-drive system.

World premiere at the Paris International Motor Show
    The new Porsche 911 Carrera with all-wheel drive will make its first public appearance at the
    2012 Paris International Motor Show. The new 911 models will be launched in Canada in
    early 2013 with prices starting from $103,900 for the 911 Carrera 4 Coupé and from
    $117,400 for the Cabriolet. Pricing for the 911 Carrera 4 S model begins at $120,500 for
    the Coupé and $134,100 for Cabriolet.

http://ca.autoblog.com/2012/08/27/2013-porsche-911-carrera%204-4s-cabriolet-reveal/