2014 Chevrolet Corvette News and Info.

Discussion in 'American Cars' started by V8stangman, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Is this the new C7 Corvette?

I kinda like it apart from the rearlights. They made good improvements on the interior too.

2. Is this the new C7 Corvette?

Hyuna

3. Is this the new C7 Corvette?

you´ll get used to get it in the rear end

4. Is this the new C7 Corvette?

you´ll get used to get it in the rear end

5. Is this the new C7 Corvette?

someone is hacking me

6. Is this the new C7 Corvette?

same story as the c6, steamy good looks outside, pretty bad inside, questionable materials throughout. and leaf springs.

edit: and gobs and gobs of engine no doubt.

7. Is this the new C7 Corvette?

The materials on the interior are supposed to be a major major step up. Fully leather or vynil wrapped interior depending on trim level. Real carbon fiber or wood trim and aluminum. No more plastic crap.
    The interior is actually very very good looking for what it is. The Vipers interior is very similar and that car is the same price as a ZR1.
    Realistically not many cars in the price range of the Vette have interiors as nice as it does now.

And who cares about leaf spring/s? It works extremely well and save thousands of dollars that would otherwise raise the cost of purchase. The point of the car is to make something Competetive if not bar raising, at a solid price point.
    List me any other car that performs at the level of the Vette that looks as good, has as nice of an interior and is priced the same. That list is very very short.

Edit:The fact they are saying the base model is faster around a track than the C6 Z06 says a lot too

8. Is this the new C7 Corvette?

*Faster than the Grand Sport, not the Z06

9. Is this the new C7 Corvette?

lol, that's a GT-R

10. Is this the new C7 Corvette?

You like big rear ends?

I am starting to like this more.

11. Is this the new C7 Corvette?

Sorry my mistake. I thought I heard him say Z06 at the reveal.

12. Is this the new C7 Corvette?

This thing looks like a GT-R? You guys are on drugs...

13. Is this the new C7 Corvette?

Exactly.

14. Is this the new C7 Corvette?

The leaf spring thing again? Sheesh. Okay, so when the industry went to coils, it was because coils had some advantages over leafs. They used less material, so they were lighter and had lower material costs. Leafs also gave a harsh ride because of friction between the layers of leafs. If you can imagine the initial static friction between leafs causing harshness before the sliding begins (dynamic friction). Coils did not experience this issue. The Corvette used a leaf for packaging reasons. GM is not totally stupid. There are reasons they use leafs on the Vette. Did you ever consider that every car from the Aveo to the XTS use coils? Why leafs on the Halo car? Logic would tell you there is a reason for the leafs. So lets explore: 1) The Vette uses a COMPOSITE leaf that weighs 8 lb each. Each wheel is suspended by 4 lb. That is WAY, WAY lighter than any coil, even a titamium coil. It is the lightest set of springs on any car, ever, anywhere. So weight advantage of the coil wiped out and weight advantage now composite leaf. 2) Friction between leafs is eliminated because it is a mono-leaf. A single leaf, no layers. Coil advantage 2 negated. 3) Cost. Sorry to tell you this, the composite leafs are stupid expensive. I know this because I once evaluated them for a light weight vehicle I was prototyping, and I checked into them. But as the Vette uses only 2 leafs, some of the costs are reduced. The composite leaf springs are a better design than coils. Go do some research and then maybe you can pull yourself out of your abyss of ignorance.

15. Is this the new C7 Corvette?

There are definitely some similarities in the cabin between this and the GTR. Especially in the A and C-pillars. Aside from that, though, nothing. Tons of ridiculous comparisons going on... "Nice GT-R. Nice Ferrari. Nice FR-S. etc..." Small similarities throughout, but come on, man. The GTR is a great looking car, but it will look like a wooly mammoth next to this, too.

And I can guarantee this thing will look pretty badass in the flesh and be a complete beast around a track.

16. Is this the new C7 Corvette?

Can't wait to see some pictures of this car with a nice blacked out look.

17. Is this the new C7 Corvette?

I'll have to wait til I see it in person to comment on the looks. but from the pictures I don't like it.

18. Is this the new C7 Corvette?

Think it looks better here.

These initial media shots are never great.

19. #144 dahldrin, Jan 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  20. Is this the new C7 Corvette?

now that's nice. i was waiting to see a solid color with painted vents. that looks a lot better

21. Is this the new C7 Corvette?

i think it looks really good. looks like a shark from the front, rear just looks mean. interior looks better than I was expecting, very driver-oriented.

22. Is this the new C7 Corvette?

I dont think it look good, but gtr? It looks nothing like a gtr

23. Is this the new C7 Corvette?

I, like, bigrearends and I cannot lie.

24. Is this the new C7 Corvette?

Cant wait till topgear tests this

25. Is this the new C7 Corvette?

wrong forum if you are looking to avoid ignorance abyss