2014 Winter Olympics

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Archaeopteryx, Jan 25, 2014.

1. #101 subaruguy, Feb 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  2. This evening, womens skijump!

Watched Alex Bilodeau win Freestyle yesterday. Quite exciting event.

3. Did anyone watch the ski sprint final? Most undeserved bronze medal for Sweden that one. :p

Also, the men's team in curling is still looking good, beat Canadia today.

4. Yeah I watched it. Jønsson was really strong in the quarter and semi finals. And totally beat by the end, so it was impressive even though it was "undeserved". It was a pity for the home crowd that both Gafarov and Ustiugov fell. But at least Norway is leading the medal statistics again, haha.

5. ugggh our mens curling team is shitting the bed. Horrible

6. I think this is the worst mens team we have sent in a while. I think they played a few good games and got through. I don't see them winning gold, but they should still medal.

7. Played a couple good tournaments and made it. Not tried and tested like a Kevin Martin.

8. I need my Swagger back.

A couple years ago i was an Alpha. I used to pump iron, go skydiving, go to a range, going to Vegas etc. Basically i was an Alpha Male. I still was lonely but doing these things made me feel macho and not depressed.

Then i stopped doing these things. And in doing so i lost my swagger. Now i walk like a defeated man.

A wise man once said, show your adversaries that you're strong even if you're not. Now i am on a quest to be once again an Alpha Male, walking fast with arms out, being rude or obnoxious.

9. It really is remarkable that the Netherlands are outclassing an olympic squad like Sweden in terms of medals. Is there a history of skating on canals over there or what's the reason for their success?

Though, I must say, in team Sweden's defense, that the areas in Sweden that are suited for alpine skiing and so on have very small populations, whereas a country like Norway has a subway to Holmenkollen in Oslo and their major cities are located very near skiing facilities.

Also, Denmark is owning Sweden in curling right now WTF

10. yes. our country goes batshit insane if theres any sign of frost, so we can go skating on our canals.

its our national sport after football

11. im watching double luge now.

thats probably the gayest thing ive watched in years

12. Sweden makes the first hockey goal these Olympics! :D

13. Is Jaromir Jagr the oldest hockey player in the Olympics? He's turning 42 in three days.

14. Teemu Selänne is 43

15. #115 CMG, Feb 12, 2014
    Finns, eh.

Can't be posted enough:

16. #116 Uaz, Feb 12, 2014
    "Riktiga män spelar hockey" : )

17. Petr Nedvěd is also 42. Kind of a surprise pick tho, the other 2 were expected.

18. #118 christofurr, Feb 12, 2014
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compton_Cricket_Club

19. I need my Swagger back.

A couple years ago i was an Alpha. I used to pump iron, go skydiving, go to a range, going to Vegas etc. Basically i was an Alpha Male. I still was lonely but doing these things made me feel macho and not depressed.

Then i stopped doing these things. And in doing so i lost my swagger. Now i walk like a defeated man.

A wise man once said, show your adversaries that you're strong even if you're not. Now i am on a quest to be once again an Alpha Male, walking fast with arms out, being rude or obnoxious.

20. Is there such a thing as double skeleton?

21. I need my Swagger back.

22. #123 V8stangman, Feb 12, 2014
  23. petr nedved is on the same team

24. I need my Swagger back.