32yrs. old and still better than a supra.

Discussion in '1970 Plymouth HEMI 'Cuda' started by Pantera311, Aug 10, 2002.

1. god this car is awsome.

2. Re: 32yrs. old and still better than a supra.

the imoprts will never be able to match a classic muscle car. the hemi cuda especially. this is the greatest engine ever built with the exception of the l88 and zl1 packages from chevy but those even were not that much better. i believe the l88 pushed 550 hp while the hemi put out 500. i would love to own one if these.

3. Re: 32yrs. old and still better than a supra.

Yeah, 60's Detroit muscle cars still own the streets.

4. Re: 32yrs. old and still better than a supra.

That's because supras are pieces of crap.

5. Re: 32yrs. old and still better than a supra.

...And because this car is god.

6. Re: 32yrs. old and still better than a supra.

this has to be a joke, right? better then a supra in what? lol, you guys are retards if u think this is better then any supra ever made (even the very first one, the 2000GT) this makes does 0-60 in over 6sec. the supra does it in about 5 sec. and the supra has a top speed of around 150, this thing is lucky to make it past 110MPH, and we all know this thing can't handle for shit.

and the supra is the best looking car in the world, IMO.

this thing beats the supra in nothing, i mean nothing. really c'mon, if u want to compair this to a 1970's toyota PICK UP then maybe, and it's a big maybe, you could say this is better, but don't compair it to the best toyota, because even the camaro SS loses to the supra.

7. Re: 32yrs. old and still better than a supra.

You gotta be joking right?

Have you ever driven an Hemi? I believe not, else you wouldn't be posting such crap.

First of all, believe me this car can reach 150mph. A stock 426 put out about 500hp, but who used a stock Hemi n-e-ways? Compression ratio was about 9.5:1. 11:1 compression could be easily reach with this engine (spark placement...) pushing the power up to 900hp, easily, without adding any of these turbo-NOS-whatever craps.

This engined was matted to a 4-spd tranny, reving the whole thing up to 7000rpm (there goes all that muscle car don't rev crap). With such a wide output on the rev-range, you don't have to shift every 15seconds...

Oh, and btw, I'd rather be in this car when I lose hit, do 45 barrels and survive and be dead in a crappy 100lbs supra.

8. Re: 32yrs. old and still better than a supra.

how true.

9. Re: 32yrs. old and still better than a supra.

I wish they would put the 426 in the DodgeRam.

10. Re: 32yrs. old and still better than a supra.

The supra is a good car in its own right but by no means u cant compare it to the cuda. First off its natural aspirated with the damn supra needing turbos to push its lazy ass of the starting line. No shit the supra can go faster in 0-60 its like 20 years younger plus it has better tires on it. If back in the 70's they had tires like we do now.... you import boys would be shitting your pants at wut good ol amercian muscle can do...

11. Re: 32yrs. old and still better than a supra.

The Supra is about 10x better than this Rusty POS.
    the supra does 0-60 in 4.9
    and does over 160.
    better built.
    and doesnt need an engine from the titanic
    to make it go along.

12. Re: 32yrs. old and still better than a supra.

A 68 Hemi Barracuda will run mid 10's of the show room floor. With modren tires and gas it dips into the 8's.

13. Re: 32yrs. old and still better than a supra.

just so you know...

the cuda also was offered with a slant-6 engine (6 cyl). the 340, 440 and 426 were offered as performance upgrade with various other mods...

the cuda isn't that big of a car (compared to other muscle cars) and didn't needed a 450hp big-block to push itself across the finish line. people CHOSE to put big displacement engines in it for the fun of accelerating/driving fast...

some people buy hondas w/ 4cyl engines and keep 'em stock... some people want to make them faster (take notice, I said 'faster', not 'fast'). the same thing happened with these cars. driving from A to B could be done with a smaller engine. melting the tires @ 3500rpm required other kind of power...

14. Re: 32yrs. old and still better than a supra.

Hey scentless apprentice i bet yur like 12 years old and is saying thid stuff because you read it in this site. If you have ever driven a muscle car you wouldnt be saying this. You Fucking Loser.

15. Re: 32yrs. old and still better than a supra.

The Supra is about 10x better than this Rusty POS.
    the supra does 0-60 in 4.9
    and does over 160.
    better built.
    and doesnt need an engine from the titanic
    to make it go along.

Uhh yea, the Supra doesnt need an engine from the titanic to make it go along, it just needs to be Turbo powered to get its plastic ass moving.

16. Re: 32yrs. old and still better than a supra.

I agree with PART of your statement. Any STOCK/FRESH OUT OF FACTORY/NO MODS hemi could beat MOST stock supras. Except for a few specific limited production models duch as the AB Flug and Veilside Limited. Any high mod supra with or without nitrous could whoop a hemi im sorry. Check Out suprastore.com or supratwinturbo.com(if its still on the web.) A very highly tuned hemi would be a challange i admit. On a quarter mile stip a hemi would be a VERY GOOD MATCH(A NICE TUNED ONE) but if u were on any kind of a long straight away top speed race a high mod supra would blow the hemi out of the water. Whats a hemi's top speed max like 175ish?to give u an idea, a high mod street legal supra has a max speed of around 235mph, for example The Saads supra 900plus rwhp with no nitrus. That car can puch 150mph in the 1/4 mile this is easily a 9 second car. It ran 10.10 second 1/4 mile with no nitrus. and the sad thing is it wasn't close to the best. So screw you all the supra rules.

17. Re: 32yrs. old and still better than a supra.

The problem with your perception of these car is everyday do-a-bility.

Nodody, and I mean NOBODY does 235mph on an average basis, we don't have roads allowing such speed. If you can hit 150 at least once a day, you're the lucky 1 in a 10000 (something) who doesn't have to deal with bad roads, rocks, cracks, accidents, circulation, cops and other misc stuff we have to deal with while driving.

Now if I wanted my car to reach 235mph on a closed course, I'd do like these guys. Take the frame of a Cuda, get a custom body completely designed for A/D purposes and fit it on the car. Then, I'd change the tranny (used to be 4spd) and put a 6spd with very high gearing in it.

This car was never meant to hit 235mph, it was meant to go fast, from street light to street light.

Oh and for that SAAD supra with 900+rwhp running 10, that I can believe, but to say it could EASILY be a 9sec car w/ Nitrous, you obviously never tried to bring a car from 10 to 9. When taking your averable crap-box from 15 stock to 12, it's "kinda easy". Add a turbo or two, better tires and red gas. The deal is done, but cutting off whole seconds when hitting the single-digits cannot be done like that. One of the main problem when modding muscle car is traction. You can easily bring big blocks to 900+rwhp, but putting it to the ground without melting the tire is another ball game.

Modding fan think you can simply re-apply the same equation. Adding 15k$ to a car can make it run high 10's. Adding another 15k$ to the same car will only bring it down to low 10's. Then add another 10k$ and it might go to mid 9's...

n-e-ways, gotta go for now.

18. Re: 32yrs. old and still better than a supra.

ok whoever posted this is a complete moron-a supra would tear this apart modded or not this car would #$%#in break down in a drag race

here i am looking for a picture of this car so i ca draw it right- and thinking 'old musclecars arent so bad' but then here come a bunch of #%$s that do nothing all day but talk to each other about how american muscle can beat anything else-complaining about pearl harbour,nazi's and everything any country has ever opposed the US- just to promote musclecars and sloppy V#$%#ing 12' ,yes i realize this car's a v8- but hey it's a hemi

19. Re: 32yrs. old and still better than a supra.

Oh and btw, just another detail...

Don't even give me that "a modded supra is faster around a track than this muscle car".

no 1000+rwhp car is fast around a track. unless it's an open wheel made out of carbon fiber or some space-imported material w/ space shuttle brakes. Race cars don't have engines w/ gazillion of HPs, it's too much power to handle when trying to use it adequatly w/ braking sequences.

Nascar engines output about 900hp, F1 and CHAMP Car, I don't know, GT300 = 300hp and GT500 = 500hp.

The trick is to get enough power to make your car "race-able", not have it beat every top-speed record on the planet.

20. Re: 32yrs. old and still better than a supra.

ok whoever posted this is a complete moron-a supra would tear this apart modded or not.

here i am looking for a picture of this car so i ca draw it right- and thinking 'old musclecars arent so bad' but then here come a bunch of #%$s that do nothing all day but talk to each other about how american muscle can beat anything else-complaining about pearl harbour,nazi's and everything any country has ever opposed the US- just to promote musclecars and sloppy V#$%#ing 12 engines, yes i realize this car's a v8, its also a hemi and im talking in general i respect this car and its one of my few favorite musclecars

and another thing- do you realize that a civic has better handling? comes to thing about it so does a shopping cart

21. Re: 32yrs. old and still better than a supra.

Christ... No stock Supra will beat a Stock HEMI. You guys keep talking about modding the Supra and shit. Quit modding you homo's. If you bought a car with balls you woudlnt need to mod. That lil V6 can only go so far before it shits itself. And you are mixing black and white here. The Hemi was made over 30 years ago. The supra has no such timeline. Advanced technology is on the Supras side. More plastic on a supra than on a Hemi Cuda let me assure you.I prefer n/a cars that turbo charged ones. To me, if you gotta turbo charge your car, you need one with more power in the first place. Because at the heart of the Supra is still a lil V6. Supra is in one field, while the Hemi is in another. Leave it at that and start another topic.

22. Re: 32yrs. old and still better than a supra.

"Oh and btw, just another detail...

Don't even give me that "a modded supra is faster around a track than this muscle car".

no 1000+rwhp car is fast around a track. unless it's an open wheel made out of carbon fiber or some space-imported material w/ space shuttle brakes. Race cars don't have engines w/ gazillion of HPs, it's too much power to handle when trying to use it adequatly w/ braking sequences.

Nascar engines output about 900hp, F1 and CHAMP Car, I don't know, GT300 = 300hp and GT500 = 500hp.

The trick is to get enough power to make your car "race-able", not have it beat every top-speed record on the planet.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Among the vast underground world of street racers the man in the Viper is king, especially the man with the words "Twin Turbo" displayed on his machine's hood. "

No offence but some of your 'ideas' are a little out there. First of all your comment about any 1000 hp car not being fast around a track has some merrit but no real fact. Your comment on the braking is irrelivent. Since the hemmi, we have invented something called 4 wheel abs(auto braking system) anti-lock disk brakes. The brakes on F1 racers can stop it going from 175 mph to 0 in 5.7 seconds. Those brakes on a track supra would be fine without being tuned for a heavier vehical with more tourque. Next, 900-1000 horse power is purely acceleration, unless you gear the tranny ungodly high. Therefore the car would be accleerating better and only going a little faster. Now on to the handeling issue. My best friends father owns a body shop and i spend a good deal of time there helping out. There are plenty of ways to improve the handeling on a high power car such as a supra, for track use. for example you can re-fabricate the the front wheel wells to allow for a tighter turning radius, with some adjustments to your sway bars, and basic steering system. Finally with adjustments to the ABS you simply tune it so it gives you maximium braking force without the obvious side effect of skidding.(needs to be adjusted due to weather and track variables). I am including a picture of a light track quality supra, not the best but it is decent. It is much lighter than normal and could be lighter with carbon fiber replacments.

23. Re: 32yrs. old and still better than a supra.

Yes, you could do all that to a Supra, and then have a brand new car.

If you start putting F1 brakes, change half the frame, totally redo the engine and change the whole body-work for carbon-composites, you no longer have a supra. It's not even close to one.

That's how stupid this is. I don't care how much money you put into it (or how little). The fact is, you don't like your supra, you like what you can do to make it "no longer a supra".

24. Re: 32yrs. old and still better than a supra.

i bet you are the 12 year old, and to call someone a #$%#ing looser beacuse he states his opinion makes you a real retard. Anyone who cant accept that Japanese cars like honda, toyota and mazda are high quality , good performing cars, have something to learn!

And if you didnt know, the reason why the supra, and many other sportscars from japan have 6 cylinders with or without turbos, is that the HP figures are limited to 280 in Japan. Thats why they make light cars with a light V6 instead of 1.700 kg cars with heavy V8s.

Dont diss opinions, be open minded, keep the forums serious

25. Re: 32yrs. old and still better than a supra.

Actually, if you knew your facts, you'd also know there is no law about that 280hp thing in Japan.

It's an agreement to keep insurance costs low.