5.7 or 4.6?

Discussion in '2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra' started by 550GT37, Aug 9, 2002.

1. <!-- Signature -->

2. Re: 5.7 or 4.6?

supercharged 4.6

3. Re: 5.7 or 4.6?

5.7s are only on G.M. cars.<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: 5.7 or 4.6?

What i meant was is a 4.6 supercharged better than a 5.7 supercharged......i know only gm's have 5.7l i have a 95 formula......clearly if pontiac were to put a supercharger on the trans am it would run this car over all day......<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: 5.7 or 4.6?

Drop the Eatons-based Roots blower, put a Paxton NOVI 2000 supercharger on, keep the intercooler, do some head and camshaft work/replacement and you got a 650 HP @ 6000 RPM 2003 Cobra and guess what? Still costs less than the C5 Corvette hatchback with the 5.7.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: 5.7 or 4.6?

Do all that work on the Ls-1 in the Camaro and what have you got?
    I don't know, but it should be pretty spectacular, and you don't need a C5 to do it.<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: 5.7 or 4.6?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from sparetire</i>
    <b>Do all that work on the Ls-1 in the Camaro and what have you got?
    I don't know, but it should be pretty spectacular, and you don't need a C5 to do it.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> yeah but its a whole f'n liter bigger. But you can squeeze way more horse power out of a modular motor than pushrod motor of the exact smae size. its just that only 2 companies actually devote there time to making modular motors better, so the shit is super expensive. you can probley actually get an eqivalent amount of power out of both motors, and thats still with they chevy being a little over a liter bigger. Im not taking sides here cuz i like chevy and ford(chrysler can burn in hell while we all take turns pissing on the ashes)but i believe that the mustang cobra can be way faster than a camaro.

8. Re: 5.7 or 4.6?

4.6 ford, Putting out more HP then the chevy 5.7 ? wow, who would of guessed, ford is 390, chevy 5.7 vette 350 iz 350, whats the deal chevy ?? lacking again..... But both chevy and ford suck
    DODGE RULESSSSSSSSSS

9. Re: 5.7 or 4.6?

The 5.7 litre blows the shit out of the 4.6 any day, no matter if its supercharged or not. Ford sucks and this new piece of shit mustang isnt any better.