8 litres, 16 cylinders and 4 turbos!

Discussion in '2001 Bugatti 16/4 Veyron Concept' started by benzv8, Oct 21, 2002.

1. Let me see 1000bhp from a 16-cylinder 8ltr engine WITH 4 TURBOS.
    The engine must be really poor if it needs 4 turbos to take its LARGE displacement engine to a figure like 1000bhp.
    Most tuners out there could build a N/A engine with a 8.0ltr displacement and push out 1000bhp easy, however Bugatti need 4 turbos.
    This isn't even a real car; this is the dream of some delusional optimist who works for the company.
    So don't talk about McLaren F1 goodbye etc etc.
    If Bugatti ACTUALLY (key word) built this car it would probably only be a V12 and even then it would only have 2 turbos or maybe none!
    and trust me, it would never measure up to a McLaren F1.
    Dream on Bugatti fans.

2. Re: 8 litres, 16 cylinders and 4 turbos!

The car WILL be produced next year. Read the info on the page... And mention ONE manufacturer that produces an engine with 1001 HP and 1250 nm torque without turbos!

3. Re: 8 litres, 16 cylinders and 4 turbos!

yea I tottaly agree, and look at the Viper, it has 8.3 liters and gets only 500 horses, now thats crappy! The 800TT has 800 horses with turbos and this has 1001, so nothing to complain about here ... and 1250 NM of torque??? oh my god

4. Re: 8 litres, 16 cylinders and 4 turbos!

Will this car be able to reach 250mph without running out of gas? LOL

5. Re: 8 litres, 16 cylinders and 4 turbos!

stop critisising. It isn't that bad. Think of all the Jap cars with twin-turbo, that only have 280hp or so. This is much better than that.

6. Re:
    8 litres, 16 cylinders and 4 turbos!

I fail to see why it is necessary to use a 2.0 liter I4 engine to produce dizzying horsepower figures. Supercars are all about excess. They must have outlandish styling, over-the-top power, and above all the ability to thrill us yet remain totally unavailable to virtually all of us. To criticize this car for having a large engine and whatnot...prepoterous. Comes from those who don't understand the very concept of Supercar itself.

7. Re: 8 litres, 16 cylinders and 4 turbos!

The 2001 Lotec Sirius Concept Has a 5987 cc Mercedes V-12 and has:

1334 HP @ 6300 rpm

1300 nm @ 3400 rpm

8. Re: 8 litres, 16 cylinders and 4 turbos!

I BELIEVE i read in some dupont registry magazine that this car has a seven speed sequential gearbox.... was that a typo?

9. Re: 8 litres, 16 cylinders and 4 turbos!

dude this one is 1.9mph slower than the 2002 so it sux!!! jk jk

10. Re: 8 litres, 16 cylinders and 4 turbos!

does ne 1 in america even own 1 i want 1 because no 1 has 1

11. Re: 8 litres, 16 cylinders and 4 turbos!

If u think that bugetti's engines 8.0L enginelacks in power then what do u call a dodge vipers 8.2

12. Re: 8 litres, 16 cylinders and 4 turbos!

how does a turbo work?