800TT vs this car.. something wrong?

Discussion in '2000 Dodge TNT King Snake Viper' started by venomGTR, Aug 9, 2002.

1. theres little difference in power and torque between these two cars, yet the 800TT has a claimed 0-60 in 2.7 seconds (2.4 on cheater slicks).
    perhaps the claims for the 800TT are a little over enthusiastic.

2. Re: 800TT vs this car.. something wrong?

probably had different gear ratios too and aerodynamics dont really matter at less than 100mph<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: 800TT vs this car.. something wrong?

I wouldnt call the impreza a legend.<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: 800TT vs this car.. something wrong?

thats coming from someone who likes the trans am!<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: 800TT vs this car.. something wrong?

oh please, get ya eyes checked.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: 800TT vs this car.. something wrong?

choke on #$%#a!!!<!-- Signature -->

7. #7 DodgeFreak, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: 800TT vs this car.. something wrong?

The Venom 800 TT has 56 more horse and a considerable amount more of torque, plus, I have the vidoes of this beast takin' off, so I'm pretty sure they're not exaggerating anything!

http://www.motortrend.com/june01/ttviper/1.html

8. Re: 800TT vs this car.. something wrong?

the topspeed of the 800 tt is bigger, the hp also and the price tag also.<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: 800TT vs this car.. something wrong?

sorry to say, but
    I'd rather have a trans am than an Impreza.

"My other rides your girlfriend"
    Some people are alive only because its illegal to kill them.

10. Re: 800TT vs this car.. something wrong?

yeah but your roads dont have corners and your fuel price is low.<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: 800TT vs this car.. something wrong?

That's because America rocks and so do our cars!

12. Re: 800TT vs this car.. something wrong?

we are patriots and that is important! bare it in mind!

13. Re: 800TT vs this car.. something wrong?

y<!-- Signature -->

14. #14 Guibo, Aug 9, 2002

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from The Impreza is a ledgend</i>
    <b>yeah but your roads dont have corners and your fuel price is low.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Great. Another uninformed remark by The Impreza. Hey, Impreza, how do you explain the plethora of winding roads in this one single state alone?:

http://www.pashnit.com/motoroads.htm

You seriously think this guy's got them all covered? I doubt it.

"Your roads don't have corners" LOL!

15. #15 Guibo, Aug 9, 2002

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from The Impreza is a ledgend</i>
    <b>yeah but your roads dont have corners</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Great. Another uninformed remark by The Impreza. Hey, Impreza, if our roads don't have corners, then how do you explain the plethora of winding roads documented here, in this one single state alone?:

http://www.pashnit.com/motoroads.htm

And do you think he's got ALL the roads in California covered? I doubt it.

16. Re: 800TT vs this car.. something wrong?

People just don't f*cking think. We practically have more corners than straightaways here dipsh*t. Jeeze, that guy is an idiot, he should think before he talks.

17. Re: 800TT vs this car.. something wrong?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Streetfighter22</i>
    <b>sorry to say, but
    I'd rather have a trans am than an Impreza.

"My other rides your girlfriend"
    Some people are alive only because its illegal to kill them.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

So would I

18. Re: 800TT vs this car.. something wrong?

the impreza guy is jap and he doesn't know anythin' about american muscle. he is powered by r*ce and he is a r*cebowl.

19. Re: 800TT vs this car.. something wrong?

oi u dumb yanks i ent no Jap im english! from the UK. and im talking in comparison about the roads even our freeways are not straight there are probably more corners here (and i mean proper corners not junctions) in the uk thn in the usa. and about american muscle , pah if its so good y cant a bloody 6 lite firebird beat my cheap 2 litre jap car around a racetrack?<!-- Signature -->

20. Re: 800TT vs this car.. something wrong?

your car would never beat an icon of american muscle

21. Re: 800TT vs this car.. something wrong?

Guys, cool it! Yes, the U.S. has plenty of corners. Plus, we are like 3 or more times bigger than the U.K., so DUH, we're going to have more corners. Subaru WRX vs. Pontiac Firebird would be tough, expecially on a windy racetrack, but I'd bet for the Firebird. IF it had the 320 hp engine. SO COOL IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. Re: 800TT vs this car.. something wrong?

i couldn't say it better myself.

23. Re: 800TT vs this car.. something wrong?

The 800TT had racing slicks when motortrend tested it and the TNT car had regular street legal tires when car and driver tested it. top speed isn't affected but the tires, but the 800TT had a huge traction advantage from takeoff up to abuot 150 where aerodynamics really took over.
    shifting at redline in a car with 700lb-ft of torque on street tires would probably spin tires up to at least 100 mph, which means you can go full throttle till after 100. with slicks the tires will hook up much sooner meaning full power can be exploited sooner.

24. Re: 800TT vs this car.. something wrong?

Let me guess...This is an "improper" corner? I took this picture about a half hour from my house. I live in the city.

25. Re: 800TT vs this car.. something wrong?

well done guibo