a cool mill. for a Nissan... I think not.

Discussion in '1998 Nissan R390 GT1' started by NASDAQrob, Aug 10, 2002.

1. A car requires heritage to command this sort of premium.
    I have to admit tho, i'm glad to see the Japanese finally making use of a V8. But what about the island's (unofficial) hp limit of around 230hp?? I thought all Japanese automakers agreed to keep their numbers below this (subaru WRX, etc..) figure.
    It's a beautiful car and a fantastic effort at a supercar, but i hardly see it being worth anything over 300K. <!-- Signature -->

2. Re: a cool mill. for a Nissan... I think not.

Too much for a Nissan. Not really sport cars makers anymore.

3. Re: a cool mill. for a Nissan... I think not.

you dumb bastards...this car is so awesome, you don't even know. and as for your unofficial horsepower limit shit, you've obviously never seen the nissan skyline blitz GT-R R348...pushing 850, the toyota supra AB Flug S900 running 800, you're just jackasses assuming that japan is inferior, but as i said before, you're just jackasses.<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: a cool mill. for a Nissan... I think not.

Jap cars are superior.
    LONG LIFE TO NISSAN!!<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: a cool mill. for a Nissan... I think not.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from NASDAQrob</i>
    <b>A car requires heritage to command this sort of premium.
    I have to admit tho, i'm glad to see the Japanese finally making use of a V8. But what about the island's (unofficial) hp limit of around 230hp?? I thought all Japanese automakers agreed to keep their numbers below this (subaru WRX, etc..) figure.
    It's a beautiful car and a fantastic effort at a supercar, but i hardly see it being worth anything over 300K. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

that Hp limit was for a certain type of car i do believe

6. Re: a cool mill. for a Nissan... I think not.

This car without a doubt is one bad mo fo but yeah i couldnt see dropping a million on it especially when ill probably never even see that much money in my lifetime. I love this car just as much as I love the Ferrari F40 or the Escudo Pikes Peak.

7. Re: a cool mill. for a Nissan... I think not.

i don't think this car was actually ever for sale so i don't know where they got that price to

8. Re: a cool mill. for a Nissan... I think not.

this iz 4 sure not worth a mill ,,,,u could buy a much nicer and better car with that kind of moneyy

9. Re: a cool mill. for a Nissan... I think not.

the r390 gt1 was created for the 1998 24 hour le mans. one stipulation of the competition is that a street-legal, road version must be built. nissan did things a bit differently from the rest of the le mans teams by creating the road car first, and then rebuilding it to race specifications. the one million dollar price tag is comparable to the beloved mclaren - a car whose perfomance and inspiring design also leave something to be desired for the somewhat HIGH price tag. for that much money get a pleasant country cottage, a nice road car, a trackday, and a few hundred thousand in the bank for retirement.

10. Re: a cool mill. for a Nissan... I think not.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from blood_horizon</i>
    <b>the r390 gt1 was created for the 1998 24 hour le mans. one stipulation of the competition is that a street-legal, road version must be built. nissan did things a bit differently from the rest of the le mans teams by creating the road car first, and then rebuilding it to race specifications. the one million dollar price tag is comparable to the beloved mclaren - a car whose perfomance and inspiring design also leave something to be desired for the somewhat HIGH price tag. for that much money get a pleasant country cottage, a nice road car, a trackday, and a few hundred thousand in the bank for retirement. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

still doesn't tell me where the price came from cause this car is not a McLaren

11. Re: a cool mill. for a Nissan... I think not.

this car may not be a mclaren f1 but it can sure give the car a run for its money. the road car may not be able to beat a mclaren but this car is much better on the track than it is on the road, hence the gt1 at the end of the cars name. so please before you even try to diss nissan, please know what you are talking about and for the record this car is worth a million dollars.<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: a cool mill. for a Nissan... I think not.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from samiclkgtr</i>
    <b>this iz 4 sure not worth a mill ,,,,u could buy a much nicer and better car with that kind of moneyy</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --><!-- Signature -->

13. Re: a cool mill. for a Nissan... I think not.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from NASDAQrob</i>
    <b>A car requires heritage to command this sort of premium.
    It's a beautiful car and a fantastic effort at a supercar, but i hardly see it being worth anything over 300K. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> in 1969 nissan came out with the Skyline 2000GT-R. the first of the legendary racecars was born. Fairlady Z? what the hell kinda planet do you come from? and no its 276 hp anything about that and you get a huge tax slapped on it and its not economical for jap car makers to make hp above that. sometimes you people make me sick

14. Re: a cool mill. for a Nissan... I think not.

The price came from the reaserch, development, special construction (not like they have a production line) and other unique things that Nissan had to do to produce this car.

Its simple economics, they gotta pay for all their costs with only a few cars. Compare this to a honda accord, which the production costs are paid with the sale of thousands of cars, then the profit is generated by the # of cars sold over the number which needed to sell to cover their expenses.

15. Re: a cool mill. for a Nissan... I think not.

The only car i like that Nissan made was the Skyline GTR 34 and those dont go for a mill. so its all good.to

16. Re: a cool mill. for a Nissan... I think not.

Ok, people should really research some things before they talk. The HP limit that the japanese companies agreed on is 280 HP, not 230. Notice how Skyline GT-R's R-32 - R-34 all have 280 (or so they say, they are higher, especially the R-34, and if you swap out the old computer, which limits the engine, you can get 350 easily) also, the WRX STI has about 280 and the lancer evo 4-7 have about 280 also (lancers before that had a little less, i think, but im not sure on that). So basically, i am just annoyed with people not knowing what they are talking about. Yes, this car does dominate, and anyone who says it isn't good, doesn't know what they are talking about.

17. Re: a cool mill. for a Nissan... I think not.

You guys do realize that in qualifying at lemans the race version was reported to have been pushing 1400 hp. Now that's worth a million in my opinion, but that's only an opinion. Also the stipulation in the rules said that there had to be a road legal version produced. It doesn't say that they had top sell any, so nissan probably priced it so that if they sold one they would make half a mil or so.

18. Re: a cool mill. for a Nissan... I think not.

It's ugly and overpriced!!! Looks like a bugatti EB110.

19. Re: a cool mill. for a Nissan... I think not.

I take it from your comparison that you have never actually seen a Bugatti EB110

20. Re: a cool mill. for a Nissan... I think not.

i think this is worth a million due to its rarity, werent only 20made or somthing, just 1!! of which is in my country

21. Re: a cool mill. for a Nissan... I think not.

most (key word here is most) all japanese "supercars" are really just tuned cars, and there is nothing super about that.....this is a supercar and they need more like it.

22. Re: a cool mill. for a Nissan... I think not.

yes

23. Re: a cool mill. for a Nissan... I think not.

yes, but since many of their performance cars r so tunable there isn't much of a reason to make a supercar. there would be no r390 if nissan didn't join le mans back in 97