A corrado could beat it

Discussion in '1958 Lotus Elite' started by YyCloaknDaggeryY, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Re: A corrado could beat it

y arent there any corrados on this site?

2. Re: A corrado could beat it

The meaning of my post should have been obvious. Or are we going to start correcting spelling around here?

3. I said I'd never let up about the corrado, so here I am, bitching about it again. I'm not saying that this thing is worthless, I'm saying that it's a pretty slow car. if they could only put bigger engines in em', they could easily make the fastest cars in the world!
    oh, well. when will lotus learn?

oh, wait. bigger engines would mean more weight, right? hmm... well, try stuffing in a W12.<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: A corrado could beat it

The corrado should be on this site, as should the scirocco. However that is no excuse to put something like this in a forum about a great british sportscar.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: A corrado could beat it

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from TownshipRebellion</i>
    <b>I said I'd never let up about the corrado, so here I am, bitching about it again. I'm not saying that this thing is worthless, I'm saying that it's a pretty slow car. if they could only put bigger engines in em', they could easily make the fastest cars in the world!
    oh, well. when will lotus learn?

oh, wait. bigger engines would mean more weight, right? hmm... well, try stuffing in a W12.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I agree about the Corrado - got a friend that Auto-X'x one and it rocks.

Um, if I'm not mistaken until recently the Lotus Esprit was only built with a 2.2 litre 4 cylinder (yeah it is turbo) - and is one of the world's fasted cars - there are a few models and years on this site.

6. Re: A corrado could beat it

Cars that are 40 years old like the Lotus Elise should be cut some slack, because they are limited by the advances in technology of their time. Is it "fast"? That all depends...For a small, quick car of this era it was fast enough to be included on supercars.net. Sure many modern cars are faster, don't waste our time belaboring the obvious.

7. Re: A corrado could beat it

yeah dude i love corrado's but dont diss 40 year old cars, come on compare the corrado to something in its class, people like you give good cars bad names, so plz dont ruin the corrado or anyother car by saying its faster then a 40 year old CLASSIC/ANTIQUE.<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: A corrado could beat it

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from bobbybrown</i>
    <b>Cars that are 40 years old like the Lotus Elise should be cut some slack </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Elite dude, the Elise is only 7.

But anyway, 644kg!<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: A corrado could beat it

Corrado? Please! Have you seen this car on the race track?? Fitted with a Covenry Climax engine (130 bhp!)
    A car that weigths 1400 kg have to have a engine producing almost 300 bhp to keep up with the Elite! It's pure fysics so please don't argue!
    And remember thet the Corrado is 30 years newer!<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: A corrado could beat it

I would still take the Elite<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: A corrado could beat it

the Lotus, being 30 years older, would still kill it around a track.

12. Re: A corrado could beat it

I would pick the Elite every track day... And every other day :)
    What's up with the Corrado? Corrado vs Elite? Come on!

13. Re: A corrado could beat it

I know I know. I was pissed at the time. It's stupid to compare a classic Lotus to a modern Volkswagen.

but still, why the hell isn't the Rado in here???

14. Re: A corrado could beat it

and actually, it wouldn't. realistically, the SLC would win at both the unimportant quarter mile AND a track. look at the above stats!

I would take the rado, just because. I mean NO disrespect towards this lotus. none whatsoever.

thank you

15. Re: A corrado could beat it

What are you on ???

16. Re: A corrado could beat it

Ok, the above stats are for the stage ONE car. a stage THREE or FOUR car would beat a rado around ANY track.

17. Re: A corrado could beat it

A friend of mine has one of these and let me have a ride in it. Even with it not being fully tuned, the car has excellent speed and corners very well. Any 40 year old, stock car that can outperfom a 2002 Acura NSX has my vote anyday.