A joke (im not posting this cuz i dont like imports i just find

Discussion in '2002 Honda Civic Type-R' started by fenix4116, Dec 1, 2002.

1. Re: Re:

Are you being serious?

2. Re: A joke (im not posting this cuz i dont like imports i just f

Thi is a P.O.S. Wh ta guy would drive this piece of shit, why not go and buy a friggin old camaro or something, this thing bites.

3. Re: A joke (im not posting this cuz i dont like imports i just f

Because this is a daily driver, a Camaro is not.

4. Re: A joke (im not posting this cuz i dont like imports i just f

funny stuff! i'm down with that cuz civics are annoying.

5. Re: A joke (im not posting this cuz i dont like imports i just f

Whats funny is that my friend has a nova but its got a zz crate 350 with cams, 125 shot of nos etc. Its tons of fun on the freeway and around town. But he does get pulled on by supras and 300gt's. maybe he needs a blower and more nos, haha.

6. Re: A joke (im not posting this cuz i dont like imports i just f

funny stuff

7. Re: A joke (im not posting this cuz i dont like imports i just f

a commaro is a daily driver so is a viper and a mustang

8. Re: A joke (im not posting this cuz i dont like imports i just f

I didn't know people could race civics...

Here's a translation to what civic racers say...

"I got a b18 swap"
    Translation: My civic runs 18's

"I put some decals on the side of my car"
    Translation: I wonder if those decals increase HP

You know your car is a Piece of Shit when...

[x] Your stereo has more power than your car
    [x] You cut off the end piece of your exhaust to make your car louder and thinks it adds hp
    [x] You think the decals on the side of your car adds hp
    [x] Your car can`t handle 500+ hp
    [x] The gauge on your car stock only goes to 140
    [x] When you claim your car can beat any American car just because your car is Asian made

I'm not trying ta clown on all asian cars because i'm a fan on NIssan and Mazda. I'm only clownin on HONDAS and ACURAS

9. Re: A joke (im not posting this cuz i dont like imports i just f

heheheh good joke man if you thought of that then wow got a lot of time on ya hands...(or maybe ur into that sorta thing *shrug*)

10. Re: A joke (im not posting this cuz i dont like imports i just f

yeah me too i hate hondas they suck ass and the sticker thing this one guy whent way out of hand so i raced him and i beat the living shizzles out of him then he told me his car only had like 18o hp while in my car well lets just say it has enough hp to beat a nascar car he he he

11. Re: A joke (im not posting this cuz i dont like imports i just f

and dud i love your site its so damn true evrything

12. Re: A joke (im not posting this cuz i dont like imports i just f

it should of been dude srry i wasnt thinking

13. Re: A joke (im not posting this cuz i dont like imports i just f

Funny stuff....

14. Re: A joke (im not posting this cuz i dont like imports i just f

lol i like the cat now that is some funny stuff man

15. Re: A joke (im not posting this cuz i dont like imports i just f

Gee, that's funny, the speedo in my 1990 Civic SI goes well over 140, and guess what? it actually reaches the top speed (and over in fact), meanwhile a friend of mine has a 1986 Mustang with a speedo that goes up to 180 (which is a fair bit less than what the speedo on the 1990 Civic SI goes to), but he maxxed it out at 140...lol pathetic.

Just because a car has a higher number than 140 on the speedo, doesn't mean it actually goes above that speed. EX: the Caravan my parents used to own said 160 on the speedo, yet it maxxed out at 140. There are many other cars that don't reach the top of the speedo as well.

16. Re: A joke (im not posting this cuz i dont like imports i just f

So 108hp is going to get you over 140mph huh...I don't think so. I didn't see any top speed times for a 90 civic si, but I'm pretty sure that it won't get near 140mph.

17. Re: A joke (im not posting this cuz i dont like imports i just f

130hp actually, and we were discussing km/h, don't sit there and assume, try to work it out rationally first.

18. Re: A joke (im not posting this cuz i dont like imports i just f

No, the 1990 civic si has 108hp, 22hp less then what you think.

19. Re: A joke (im not posting this cuz i dont like imports i just f

Depends on where u live, in Japan, the top of the line CRX has 160hp.

20. Re: A joke (im not posting this cuz i dont like imports i just f

Are japanese cars governed? My truck used to cut out at 160 until I had it reprogrammed. It was reving less than 2500 at the time. I don't understsnd the point of limiting the top speed. You can get yourself killed or a ticket at 160 or 240.

21. Re: A joke (im not posting this cuz i dont like imports i just f

22. Re: A joke (im not posting this cuz i dont like imports i just f

130, it's underrated, lol. See how stupid that sounds?

Actually a better ECU was available on Canadian SI models as a factory option (the 1990 CRX SI automatically came with the ECU, the other CRX models came with a 1.6 litre engine, but the normal ECU producing 108hp, but for the non-CRX Civic, the option was there for the SI models, but most came with the normal ECU, which is why it's rated at 108-115).

I'm not 100% sure whether or not mine did, but in the owner's manual, on the delivery work order, under the list of options, one of the listed options that has a check mark beside it says "ECU" followed by a serial code, I never bothered to check out what the code for that ECU was, but I would think that if it isn't the better available ECU then it likely wouldn't be listed under the options that came with the car.

Seeing as the people who purchased the car for the original owner didn't choose any options that weren't related to performance (except for the moonroof), but took all the options available that would make it better for driving fast (ie: they didn't take the power windows, or the AC, or available stereo, but they did take the 5spd transmission, the 1.6 litre PGMFI engine with multipoint injection rather than dualport injection, the larger opening air intake, the larger diameter exhaust system, better seats, tilt steering, etc.), I would expect that they opted for the better ECU.

Therefore, given the the indications, it most likely does have 130hp.

BTW - it's rated at 108-115, not 108.

23. Re: A joke (im not posting this cuz i dont like imports i just f

Yea, but i dunno why.

24. Re: A joke (im not posting this cuz i dont like imports i just f

I don't think I'll ever understand it.

25. #50 IMV, Apr 18, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016