A nice step in the right direction.

Discussion in '2004 Pontiac GTO' started by sparetire, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Its got the power and image that many buyers are looking for, but its also a modern car. The handling is good on the Holden Monaro, so unless they changed it somehow it is going to be a good all around performer. This car is also quite comfortable for more than 2 passengers, so it has some of the appeal of the old goat. Either this or a special package edition in the future with more power and gagets would be a great example of an American style performance sedan along with the Lincoln LS. This is a way to appeal to a lot of people.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: A nice step in the right direction.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from sparetire</i>
    <b>Its got the power and image that many buyers are looking for, but its also a modern car. The handling is good on the Holden Monaro, so unless they changed it somehow it is going to be a good all around performer. This car is also quite comfortable for more than 2 passengers, so it has some of the appeal of the old goat. Either this or a special package edition in the future with more power and gagets would be a great example of an American style performance sedan along with the Lincoln LS. This is a way to appeal to a lot of people.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->I agree.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: A nice step in the right direction.

I also think this is a good car to "fill" in the void in which the absence of the Camaro and Firebird cause because without them GM has no real low price muscle cars.<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: A nice step in the right direction.

I thought i would have to wait intil the camaro made its comback for me to regain my confidance in gm. I should have known gm would have a flashy comeback. Thank god for pontiac!! This car may look a little like an average cruiser, but there is nothing average about those 350 horses residing under that sleek hood. If this is a base coup, i wanna how many horses the upgraded version will have. Hopefully no less than 390. We need this car to send those cocky mustang lovers back to the bottom. My faith has been restored. way to go GM.

p.s. some of you who read this may have been offended by my comment about the mustang. just to let ya know, i do indeed like the mustangs i have just always liked the better preformer. up intil 2002, the camaro and firebird have always been on top. i was never out to offend anyone.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: A nice step in the right direction.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from chevybeast</i>
    <b>I thought i would have to wait intil the camaro made its comback for me to regain my confidance in gm. I should have known gm would have a flashy comeback. Thank god for pontiac!! This car may look a little like an average cruiser, but there is nothing average about those 350 horses residing under that sleek hood. If this is a base coup, i wanna how many horses the upgraded version will have. Hopefully no less than 390. We need this car to send those cocky mustang lovers back to the bottom. My faith has been restored. way to go GM.

p.s. some of you who read this may have been offended by my comment about the mustang. just to let ya know, i do indeed like the mustangs i have just always liked the better preformer. up intil 2002, the camaro and firebird have always been on top. i was never out to offend anyone.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Yes this needs to have way more hp. than the mustang.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: A nice step in the right direction.

A mighty powerhouse this will be. Let's hope this car will pave the way for Pontiac's future designs. And if the design is true to the drawing, I can see myself buying this as soon as I can afford it.<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: A nice step in the right direction.

I don't think this is meant to fill the void left by the Camaro and Firebird. Just another quality piece to compliment GM's line. Something will replace the F cars....can't wait to see what it will be though!!

8. Re: A nice step in the right direction.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SuprJames</i>
    <b>I don't think this is meant to fill the void left by the Camaro and Firebird. Just another quality piece to compliment GM's line. Something will replace the F cars....can't wait to see what it will be though!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->I think this is replaceing firebird and the camaro will come back.<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: A nice step in the right direction.

30k they said this will be round

10. Re: A nice step in the right direction.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from WakkaWu</i>
    <b>30k they said this will be round</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Wow, only 30k that's like a cheap vette! I think this could dethrone the mustang.<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: A nice step in the right direction.

It probably will. And when all the tuners enter the game, bye-bye SVT!<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: A nice step in the right direction.

keep dreaming. i like how desperate you all are to see the Mustang "dethroned" though!<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: A nice step in the right direction.

Two Cars Next Year Boyz: The GTO And The Impalla SS. Merc Merauder, Watch Your Back, Youve Got Competition. These Two Cars Are Going To Be The Best Things Since The Origionals Themselves Along With Most Of The Genearal's Muscle Cars. These Should Fill The Void Left By The Camaro And Firebird, But They Will Be Back. But Ive Herd From Some Of My Friends At GM That We Will Soon See A V-8 In The Monte Carlo And A GNX Buick. GM Is On The Fast Track Back To The Muscle Car Era, Hopefully Some Of These Cars Will Take On The M's And AMG's Of Europe.

14. Re: A nice step in the right direction.

Also that Mercury Whatchamacolic is REALLY ugly. It looks like a Grand Marquis with a big engine. Plus the egine has the same output as an S-class. I think they should have done at least 350hp. <!-- Signature -->

15. Re: A nice step in the right direction.

the marauder looks nice.. but it aint as great as far as a 300 hp engine should cause of its wieght and not so high torque :( make room for a too fat car :p.<!-- Signature -->