A Syclone would roast this truck.

Discussion in '1966 Dodge D/Dart Super Stock' started by DodgeFreak, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: A Syclone would roast this truck.

the more of these forums i look at the more pissed off i get, and the less faith i have in the human faith......first someone compares the chevy ssr to the ram power wagon concept, now youre comparing a freaking chevy s-10 with a mod chip to a dodge ram.....holy shit. you can talk about mod chips all you want, the srt-10 is stock and makes a 5 sec run to 60mph. and why not put the viper v-10 in what you can fit it in, its one of the best domestic engines out there, 500's across the board, pretty impressive. whoever said a syclone would roast this truck should be drug out in the road and shot, they arent comparable trucks, and with little modification the srt-10 would have your little syclone for lunch.

2. Re: A Syclone would roast this truck.

Plan and simple. Stock Ram vs stock S-10 the Ram would roast it. Or how about a 97 Ram against an 02 S-10. Yes the Ram is hevier becouse its a full sized truck and the Syclone is only as fast as it seems
    becouse its lighter. C'mon guys this is like comparing a 96 454 SS wich is also a full sized truck against a Dakota R/T. Yes the Dakota is lighter of course but still I think a SRT-10 Ram could roast a little Syclone.

3. Re: A Syclone would roast this truck.

WRONG. GMC built the Sy/Ty Series trucks.

And for the guy who put up the stats, everything looks good except for the fact that there's a typo which sticks out like s sore thumb to any GM guy. The Sy/Ty series trucks used a 4.3L V6, not a 4.6L.

4. Re: A Syclone would roast this truck.

The #$%#in' Chevy Cyclone would never even come close to beating this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Re: A Syclone would roast this truck.

First of all this is NOT an S-10. It has an S-10 body but besides that it is totally different. And for the people who said that i shouldn't take the mod chip into consideration are wrong. I'm guessing this truck is gonna cost around 60,000 and possibly more. The Syclone was very affordable in its day and even with the mod chip it will still not cost half as much as this truck. The Syclone would beat the SRT-10 in 0-60, im not quite sure what would happen after that though. If anbody has Syclone vs. SRT-10 0-100 or 1/4 mile times please post them.

6. Re: A Syclone would roast this truck.

I own a typhoon and it is fast. The syclone is only faster. With the mod chip the syclone would beat the SRT-10 from 0-60. After that I wouldn't know like nd4spd2002. I do think the syclone could beat the srt-10 stock. The point is, is that if you spent the same amount of money on syclone as the srt-10 costs stock, the syclone would kill this truck.

7. Re: A Syclone would roast this truck.

Exactly.

8. Re: A Syclone would roast this truck.

How much does the Syclone cost?

9. Re: A Syclone would roast this truck.

even without a mod chip the syclone can run like 4.8 60's which is pretty impressive considering it has 280 hp compared to 500 hp of this srt-10 but i bet this truck could get a higher max speed.

10. Re: A Syclone would roast this truck.

since the syclone is turbo, wouldn't it have greater amounts of hp at higher rpms?

11. Re: A Syclone would roast this truck.

they Syclone does kick some serious ass, but come on, Viper powered??? id take this hands down. And just imagine suping this up, i cant WAIT to see the production model, and im sure hennessy or somebody's gonna pack it with the 800TT kit. *drools*

12. Re: A Syclone would roast this truck.

Let me set some things straight.

-A Typhoon does 0-60 in 5.3 maybe a tenth or so faster on a good day.
    -Syclones, because of less weight, have been documented many times doing 0-60 in 4.6 seconds and thats bone stock, no chip.

That being said the Syclone is capeable of beating the SRT 10. I also want to note because of AWD the syclone can easily and consistantly run these 0-60 times. Its much more difficult in a tire smoker like the SRT 10 or lightning. Also, like the lightning I'm more than willing to bet a burnout on a good set of tires would easily bring the 0-60 time down .5 seconds or more for the SRT 10. A Viper powered pick up has tons of potential, but just RWD with very little weight over the driver wheels is not how to make the most of it.

13. Re: A Syclone would roast this truck.

You know what I read your guyses comments and I have to stick by what the mopar guy says because of the fact that I love mopar and especially dodge. Look i don't have a car yet i'm just 16 but i do know alot about cars/trucks so pay attention, the srt 10 IS the fastest production truck in history so don't give me that mod chip bullshit! you whant real compition try it on the street i bet you that the dodge is gonna win no sweat even if the p.o.s. gmc cyclone has the chip in it. because it dosen't have a v10 in it and it don't produce 505hp and it dont go im sorry but i have to correct you 160 mph.so beat that *****!

14. Re: A Syclone would roast this truck.

listen people who are dumbasses are dumbasses and they dont know it because your a dumbass!thats to beleiveinfiction.

15. Re: A Syclone would roast this truck.

As a Syclone owner, all I can say is lets take it out to the parking lot so I can kick your stupid, ignorant, whinny Canadian a**. After you get done bleeding, then I could race against your wanabe fast ‘n furious dodge neon and beat that.

16. Re: A Syclone would roast this truck.

As a Syclone owner, all I can say is lets take it out to the parking lot so I can kick your stupid, ignorant, whinny Canadian a**. After you get done bleeding, then I could race against your wanabe fast ‘n furious dodge neon and beat that.