a true supercar icon!

Discussion in '2002 Lotus Esprit V8' started by ferdinand_porsche, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Re: a true supercar icon!

One advantage of having a basic look this long is that you can get a nice 89-90 Turbo Esprit for 20K or less and it will still look relatively fresh. Having something that is instantly recognizable to something someone registers as an 80K car is quite nice, and works wonders in a 911.

2. Re: a true supercar icon!

this car is a classic sports car in the true sense of the word. it may not have the technology of a porsche, or the horse power of a viper or a z06, but, for a 30 year old design, its beautiful, plenty quick. this car will go down in history as a true classic.

ps vw does not own porsche, they havent since the early 50s

3. Re: a true supercar icon!

Hmm....they might not directly own them, but I'm sure they have quite a large amount of shares.
    Sorta like Toyota...shitloads of shares belong to GM =P

Anyhow, I think that this is still one of the best even designed and it will continue being that =)
    I dun care what any MOFO says, if they diss this car, obviously they have not driven a piece of art and perfection like this car =)

DA PUN<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: a true supercar icon!

<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: a true supercar icon!

FINALLY! Yes Bugatti Guy! Finally someone who understands what I am talking about. But I would disagree with the comment of Jap. cars sucking. They're alright, they do have some good technology but they can't compare to Euro cars especially when it comes to the track. Euro history and experience over the past hundred years proves (not to mention the endless list of racing wins in any category) proves Euro cars rule. Just look at the stats. Plus most peoples' favourite car is a Euro car. Be it Lotus, Bugatti, Lambo, Porsche, Ferrari, BMW, Audi, McLaren, and the list goes on and on....