Acura/Honda NSX or Toyota Supra

Discussion in '1993 Toyota Supra Turbo' started by PoliSh Boi, Jan 2, 2006.

1. I think both cars r great. The supra 4 being a affordable, very cappable high performance sports car for the everyday man who doesn't make the same amount as the big bosses of some company and the NSX for being a hand made engineering master piece (a entry level supercar one would say). But in all honestly I like my 91 MR2 turbo and my very recently aquired (4-6-2007) 93 RX-7 better than both.

2. Bla Bla Bla :)

3. #30 dee1rz, May 30, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Rollakid your talking so much rubbish it's unreal i think your knowledge and copy and paste posting and general lack of understanding of the car your downtalking so much is laughable.
    Firstly you have clearly not driven both, ok i have driven both cars and yes on one but am not in anyway biased, i had enough money for both and ended up going to with supra.
    Here in uk the price difference is not so much (well mine was about the same price as an nsx of equivilant age as it had a fair few nice mods done to it i.e built block etc)
    I found the nsx to be much stiffer and much more tail happy with less usable grip on varied roads but allround very impressive.

Ok so i thought the supra was better and really thought what the hell am i imagening things here surly the nsx should be better, research the mkiv supra more and was amazed at how many really postive reviews there are of it despite being image of it being a big rwd car that PROBABLY doesn't handle ha ha
    ... well inverted coilover suspension (very similar to a ferrari enzo and many a fast expensive supercar) out of the factory and a heavily developed chassis alround!
    0.98 g on corners (same as current 911/ 977 porchre turbo) and it holds those numbers well too.
    forget perfromance stats in straight line yes it has the nsx licked there but lets talk more chassis.
    jza80 chassis was used in supergt for over 11years and with huge success forget that the cars weren't equipted with the heavy cast iron 2jz block and had other engines in the chassis the jza80 (stock mkiv supra chassis) is and was incredable and still is it was year ahead of it time!

as for build quailty the car is second to non and is what the car has been known for, an allround forged inturnal engine which can and has been known to take 800bhp unopened (many decoumented proof is out there) interior not that great but hey the nsx ceratinly is not either

I was narrow minded about the supra untill i found more about the car it really is an incredable car now for me this is the money maker and sold it for me

All stock cars with pro drivers no excuses the cars are and were being push to the limit with pro drivers and had no moddifications

The supra in vid is a j spec and has smaller brakes than the uk/ u.s spec cars too =) uk spec cars brake soooooo much better

enjoy

got to love that result and lap time, to put into prespective that time from the supra is quicker than a brand new evo 340 mr round there!!

and it's 2 seconds a lap quicker than the nsx 2 seconds is huge and tsksuba is a great track to test handling =)

i still beleive handling wise the supra is so unknown to many and underated, people too often assume things i don't know why!

nsx is an amazing car still no doubt but for me i bought the better car, you'll probably have more excusivity in the nsx (not that the supras a common car but in general yeah it's probably more affordable, always best to try both and see what you yourself prefer!

please excuse the spelling and grammer if it's all over the place, wrote this very quick as i just had to reply to this =)

4. #31 dee1rz, May 30, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Rollakid your talking so much rubbish it's unreal i think your knowledge and copy and paste posting and general lack of understanding of the car your downtalking so much is laughable.
    Firstly you have clearly not driven both, ok i have driven both cars and yes on one but am not in anyway biased, i had enough money for both and ended up going to with supra.
    Here in uk the price difference is not so much (well mine was about the same price as an nsx of equivilant age as it had a fair few nice mods done to it i.e built block etc)
    I found the nsx to be much stiffer and much more tail happy with less usable grip on varied roads but allround very impressive.

Ok so i thought the supra was better and really thought what the hell am i imagening things here surly the nsx should be better, research the mkiv supra more and was amazed at how many really postive reviews there are of it despite being image of it being a big rwd car that PROBABLY doesn't handle ha ha
    ... well inverted coilover suspension (very similar to a ferrari enzo and many a fast expensive supercar) out of the factory and a heavily developed chassis alround!
    0.98 g on corners (same as current 911/ 977 porchre turbo) and it holds those numbers well too.
    forget perfromance stats in straight line yes it has the nsx licked there but lets talk more chassis.
    jza80 chassis was used in supergt for over 11years and with huge success forget that the cars weren't equipted with the heavy cast iron 2jz block and had other engines in the chassis the jza80 (stock mkiv supra chassis) is and was incredable and still is it was year ahead of it time!

as for build quailty the car is second to non and is what the car has been known for, an allround forged inturnal engine which can and has been known to take 800bhp unopened (many decoumented proof is out there) interior not that great but hey the nsx ceratinly is not either

I was narrow minded about the supra untill i found more about the car it really is an incredable car now for me this is the money maker and sold it for me

All stock cars with pro drivers no excuses the cars are and were being push to the limit with pro drivers and had no moddifications

The supra in vid is a j spec and has smaller brakes than the uk/ u.s spec cars too =) uk spec cars brake soooooo much better

enjoy

got to love that result and lap time, to put into prespective that time from the supra is quicker than a brand new evo mr round there!!

i still beleive handling wise the supra is so unknown to many and underated, people too often assume things i don't know why!

nsx is an amazing car still no doubt but for me i bought the better car, you'll probably have more excusivity in the nsx (not that the supras a common car but in general yeah it's probably more affordable, always best to try both and see what you yourself prefer!

please excuse the spelling and grammer if it's all over the place, wrote this very quick as i just had to reply to this =)