After three years, this car will not be running!

Discussion in '2001 Pontiac Firebird Raptor Concept' started by BUChevy, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Pontiacs break down like it's their job! Out of a handful of Pontiac owners, I have never met one that is satisfied with his/her vehicle. Several owners complain about their car being in the shop, more than it is on the road. It seems as if cars these days are only built to last 3 years, or 36,000 miles depending on what kind of warranty you have. What are we supposed to do, buy a freakin KIA with 100,000 mile warranty? Where is the GM response to this unbelievable warranty. The car looks good, but with a 200 shot of nitrous, the engine is done for!<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: After three years, this car will not be running!

Why would you want to give this car a 200 shot of nitrous?!? Stock it has 325hp, of course giving it that much nitrous will hurt the engine. It would hurt any engine! Nitrous is for wimps who can't tune a car the right way.

3. Re: After three years, this car will not be running!

Thank you, American HP. This car has 540 HP, the base LS-1 has 325. I have many Pontiacs, and all of them run, and all of them are very fast. I had a '70 GTO w/ 120,000 miles on a BB-400 w/ over 400 Horses, it never gave me any problems. If they take their cars to a shop, it probably means they don't know how to take care of them, anyway.

4. Re: After three years, this car will not be running!

Mr. Goat-
    I apologizing for not specifying my complaint on pontiacs. I must correct myself by describing only late model vehicles (1990+). My dad and I have been working on a 66 GTO. We currently have a 427 ci engine with no way to get it in the car! Hopefully we can find a lift to get that engine in. Get your car online and let me take a look at it!<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: After three years, this car will not be running!

Agreed, I'll get a picture on as soon as possible. I have one of me winning a burnout contest and one in a cruise.

The '66 is my favorite car. Do you mean 428, or are you putting in a Chevy motor? I love those cars.

My girlfriend had a '91 Sunbird, it was a piece of shit. Thank you for clarifying. I'm still considering a '99 Firehawk, though...

6. Re: After three years, this car will not be running!

I own a 98 gtp and that things rock solid so eat my shit... And about this car not running, the ls-1 is a great engine and it's not gonna give up...

7. Re: After three years, this car will not be running!

Dude, that's awesome. I have a 1966 Pontiac Ventura with a 400 cube that's currently being rebuilt...it had something like 250,000+ miles on it, and finally one of the pistons decided to come apart while I was racing a Trans Am. I lost of course, but it was a hot girl, and she started it...my secondaries weren't working anyway, but I didnt' find that out till later. Anyway, the 66 is my favorite year too. My dream car is a '66 GTO w/ a 389 Tri-power, 4spd, dual exhaust, 3.07 or so rear end, probably red w/ white interior...anyway, about the raptor, who cares? It's great, but I wish Pontiacs still had Pontiac power. I just think it's good that GM has put out so many concepts of Camaro's and Trans Ams. It shows how great the company really is, even if they aren't selling like hotcakes. Dang crappy Mustangs...<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: After three years, this car will not be running!

No satisfied pontiac owners, here's one for ya, '93 grand prix se, 141k miles, no major service (oil change, tranny/ brake fluid etc, just the regular maintenance any car would need)

9. Re: After three years, this car will not be running!

the guy that created this topic is gay cause he probably likes cheasy civics and don't know what he is talkin about i have a 2000 SS and
    a 97 Z28 and i never had any problems.<!-- Signature -->