America had a chance at a supercar and they f*ckd it up.

Discussion in '2002 Ford GT40 Concept' started by Honduhluva, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: America had a chance at a supercar and they f*ckd it up.

that is a sweet car
    american cars rule
    get out of america

any1 can make a nice car if they had the money

2. Re: America had a chance at a supercar and they f*ckd it up.

i dont know if anyone was able to make it to the all ford nationals in carlise pa but i was the creator of the great new american muscle car was there 3 days before carlise ford was giving the go ahead to start productionon the gt40 the reason that they have not hit the u.s in title waves is because they are being bulit in italy now u can say that america fuc#ed up be we all know that this killed the ferria and well eliminate the viper

3. dont mess with the best

i dont know if anyone was able to make it to the all ford nationals in carlise pa but i was the creator of the great new american muscle car was there 3 days before carlise ford was giving the go ahead to start productionon the gt40 the reason that they have not hit the u.s in title waves is because they are being bulit in italy now u can say that america fuc#ed up be we all know that this killed the ferria and well eliminate the viper

4. Re: America had a chance at a supercar and they f*ckd it up.

This car is damn nice with my three wishes I would ask for
    1) The car to come to North America (exclusivly) unmolested (not screwed up by buisness or politics)
    2) For Ford to make them for another 40 years
    3) Finnaly for a good enough job so that I can afford these!

5. Re: America had a chance at a supercar and they f*ckd it up.

IN THE VERY NEW FUTURE THE WORLD IS GOIN TO SEE A SUPERCAR REVOLUTION IN THE USA. IT HAS STARTED WITH THE O3 VIPER WILL CONTINUE WITH THE GT40 AND THEN LOOK FOR THE 04 VETTE, IMPALA SS MARUDER, CIEN , EVOQ. A 500 HP GOOF UP, WELL LAST TIME I CHECKED 500 HP IS A WHOLE LOT. WE ARE TALK 0 -60 TIMES IN THE UPPER 3'S, THAT A LOT BETTER THAN MOST SO CALLED SUPERCARS ON THE ROAD TODAY. DINT TALK SMACK ABOUT AMERICAN CARS CAUSE EVERYONE JUST WANTS TO BE LIKE US.

6. Re: America had a chance at a supercar and they f*ckd it up.

We should be applauding ford for this car, not putting them down. It is a bad ass car that will only get better. The only European cars that can compete are the Lamborgini Diablo, Ferrari F50/F60, and some other highly exotic and rare cars. Plus the Ford will cost less than half of those cars. I think Ford should also come out with a new Cobra like the ones from 1966, except with a new chassis an a gt40 engine too. 2003 looks like the start of something great for the USA.

7. Re: America had a chance at a supercar and they f*ckd it up.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from TailGate</i>
    <b>Whats the point in bringing out a near identical supposed road version of a supercar which first entered production in 1965?

What is ford trying to prove? The original started it, why didn't ford bring out a toned down version of the GT90 instead? The Gt90 could have been a road car which could have competed with the likes of ferrari and mclaren. Instead they bring out a car that could hardly keep up with a viper.

Europe is the only place for supercars, wake up ford!!!!!!!
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Uh ever heard of the vector m12, vector wx3, corvette 427tt, viper 800tt, saleen s7, corvette tigershark, and more. Oh, and by the way lingenfelter didn't even try(he just wanted to beat hennessy not be the worlds fastest), because there are plenty of vettes out there with 1500hp.(without turbos and without nos)<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: America had a chance at a supercar and they f*ckd it up.

Damn, TailGate. You got punked by everyone in this forum. Good thing you left so you won't get embarrased anymore.

9. Re: America had a chance at a supercar and they f*ckd it up.

Had a chance? I guess you never heard of the Vector capable of 1200HP, hand built with space age material. Or the Saleen S7, and Im guessing you dont know the history behind the GT40.

10. Re: America had a chance at a supercar and they f*ckd it up.

in my opinion i think the panoz esperante is NOT a semi-supercar, its got the performance of a HSV. its a sport/performance car or whatever it is but its definetly no semi-supercar. its like saying that a RX-7 series VIII is a semi-supercar, which its NOT.

11. Re: America had a chance at a supercar and they f*ckd it up.

Hey Mr Stang.......
    The GT-40 is nice ok.....and yes it might beat a viper BUT................ look at the chevrolet corvette sledgehammer and tell me if that GT-40 has 880 horses and goes 254.7 mph!

12. Re: America had a chance at a supercar and they f*ckd it up.

Hyundai has tons of money you retard

13. Re: America had a chance at a supercar and they f*ckd it up.

i see you just made your first post. Congratulations! It sucked! The GT40 with its low weight and mid engine is created to go fast around a track with BENDS. The sledgehammer goes in a straight line and nowhere else man ....

14. Re: America had a chance at a supercar and they f*ckd it up.

Umm, If I had created a great car in the 60's that people loved, I would most certainly make a new version of it for people to buy at a relatively low price (compared to most uber-expensive European supercars) and would still perform at the level of the European Supercar. True, the GT90 was a great idea, but the GT90 was more of a showcase for what Ford could do, and it would have been financially harmful to Ford if they would have poured money into producing a really really fast car that people might not snatch up. The GT40 uses more reliable, tested technology that Ford uses (or will use) in other cars, and still make a car that can go damn fast.

Also, have you heard of Japan as a place for supercars? Yep, they make some. Then what about Aston Martin and Cosworth? They are Ford and they are in Europe... True, some may not consider Cosworth models as supercars, but I sure do. Some people might even add Jaguar to that list.

To the person who posted about the Lingenfelter Sledgehammer Vette, If Ford gave a whole crapload of cash to some engineers and said "Here's a copious amount of money, make this GT40 go extremely fast," I bet that they could come up with something that could beat a Lingenfelter Vette, eventually.

15. Re: America had a chance at a supercar and they f*ckd it up.

its better to be thought and idiot instead of openig your mouth and removing all doubt

16. Re: America had a chance at a supercar and they f*ckd it up.

to get around all the attitude anda ctualy reply.

tell us why the gt40 sucks and then tell us which cars are better.

the gt 40 has a claimed 500 hp with a supercharger, you can count on a n impressively flat power band as is in a lightning and a cobra. you might even find that the stats are better than what is quoted. until we see some statistics we wont know exactly how good the gt is but my money says the gt has better performance than its 3000lbs and 500 hp would suggest, just like the cobra and lighnting have better performance than one would expect from their claimed stats.

the viper has impressive claimed stats but it often gets beat by cars that have less impressive claimed stats. i saw a comparo where the z06 beat a new viper around the track. dont believe everything they tell you. sometimes they lie in your favor and sometimes against.

i have found that all svt generaly go significantly faster than what ford says they go.