American cars are cool

Discussion in '2000 Honda S2000' started by SBchevy4evr, Aug 28, 2002.

1. hey, it's true. but so is this S2000, i have to admit. probably the only r*ce i'd drive, and i'm a die hard domestic guy. i'd really love to see this thing get 2 4cyls combined to make an 8 (obviously a little more complex than superglue, but u get the idea) 400hp would not be unreasonable, and the car would not be much heavier. at least a V6 would be nice. like the NSX-t's or something. i have to admire this much power from a 4cyl tho. truely a work of art and engineering. american 4's have nothing on it. i fear the day when i meet one of these with a nice, 400hp V8 stuffed in it. that would be the first japanese road car i've ever seen.

2. Re: American cars are cool

Just because a 2 liter I4 has 240 horsepower doesn't mean a 4 liter V8 would have 480. It just doesn't work that way. The 240 horsepower is achieved by reving it out to 9000 RPM, which is much more difficult to do with a large V8.
    And larger displacement does not automatically mean more weight. There are many examples of high displacement, low weight cars. Plus (in most cases) the power gains from larger displacement more than compensates for the added weight.

The S2000 is a great car for what it's meant to be. It's a lightweight roadster that has moderately decent power, and fabulous handling. But it's not a threat to most high-powered V8s, especially those in the same price range.

3. Re: American cars are cool

He understands that, that's why he said 400hp, not 480!

4. Re: American cars are cool

Type R can suck my Fucking Cock.
    I have a Chrysler Town&Country Mini Van that could Fucking
    smoke any Honda. **** you *****.
    ESAD

Ferrari Rules

5. Re: American cars are cool

in ur dream boy.

6. Re: American cars are cool

It's still a very big assumption. The 2.0 S2000 has 240 horsepower. The 3.2 liter NSX has 280 horsepower. So if Honda made a 4.0 liter it would have 400 horsepower?

I know Honda is capable of making 4 liter 400 horsepower car. But so is every other car maker on the planet. The question is, can they produce one at a reasonable cost that meets emissions requirements in all 50 states?

Ford has already nearly done that, using forced air of course. The $35,000 4.6L Cobra has over 400 (real) horsepower.

7. Re: American cars are cool

Yes they can produce one, for example, the Honda Dualnotes' powerplant. Sure that car may cost a lot, but not its engine, as Honda already mastered the Hybrid tech.

8. Re: American cars are cool

you are right man.
    but if you notice why do honda needs to make a V8?
    the dont, the seld perfectly nice, the make perfect cars, they go as fast as you want and they dosn't weight more than 3k pounds.

9. Re: American cars are cool

american cars are all shit

10. Re: American cars are cool

But it's not the engine?? Can you give us a breakdown of how much cost went into each component? If you can't, you have no place to say it's not the engine.

11. #11 Honda rulez, Sep 24, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: American cars are cool

Honda has plans for using the hybrid system for its future cars, say the NSX, and Legend. COme to this site for more details: www.vtec.net

12. Re: American cars are cool

normal Japanese cars aren't rixed, and a lot of tuned japanese cars ain't rixed either. you mainly see rixed cars in america, and usually owned by ******* or something of the sort... think of that, it's not Japanese who make the most rix in their car. It's just ppl who make their car all show no go or even no show no go...

13. Re: American cars are cool

well the new s2k might have a v6

14. Re: American cars are cool

I do not want to see a V engine in this car. What I really want to see is a 3.0 liter I-6 with 330 hp. I-4's are cool but I-6's are perfect. I really like the I-5's by Audi(1995 Audi RS2 Avant) even though thats wierd to have an odd number of cylinders. V engines are overrated. You can push the same power in an I-6 that you can in a V-8. The I-6 will last longer, and be less likely to fail at the same time. They will also get WAY BETTER gas mileage. This is due to LESS MOVING PARTS. V engines guzzle gas faster and wear out quicker. I don't know about you but I don't want that. Go ahead and love your V-8s that fail at 150,000 miles but I'm sticking with I-6's thank you.

15. Re: American cars are cool

But it's harder to put a I6 in this car becuz I6 takes up more space than V6 and I4.

16. Re: American cars are cool

V6 would be fun in this car, but it will totally mess up the weight, which is one of the best advantages of S2K.

17. Re: American cars are cool

this is a great car but don't forget the WRX is another AWESOME jap car. MY FAVORITE JAP car at that. but this is another car made by the japs this is not a piece of crap.

18. Re: American cars are cool

Why'd you hate civics that much?

19. Re: American cars are cool

I know, Civics are great cars.

20. Re: American cars are cool

HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY ........ CIVICS are affordable,reliable family cars ........ not race cars

i'd like to see a 2002 s2000 and a 2002 mustang gt race LOL
    the shitty honda would get slamed back to china!!!!!
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA honda HAHAHA NSX HAHAHA they make me laugh

21. #21 Honda rulez, Oct 20, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  22. Re: American cars are cool

american cars are cool but honda makes technology in their cars as well as power my family has a stock civic and a stock mustang nothing special so we decided to raceone day and the stang unfortunately got its ass kicked why the civic is a hell of alot lighter thats one thing honda was goin for and dont #$%# with the nsx it being american made by ACURA a honda company

23. Re: American cars are cool

24. Re: American cars are cool

Ah but V's are physically smaller and physically lighter than I6's. A ford 302 weighs about as much as a Toyota 3.0, and you are getting an extra 2 liters of displacement. (Please not that the weight is also contributed to the OHV vs the DOHC). The V has several advatages over the inline, depending on what you want the engine to do.

25. Re: American cars are cool

I6 is smoother, more powerful and quieter than V6 though, so there are both positive aspects and neg. aspects.