and ppl are still dissin pontiac

Discussion in '2002 Pontiac Solstice Roadster Concept' started by tha topp dogg, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Re: and ppl are still dissin pontiac

Of course people are still dissing Pontiac look at the reliability of the Firebird Its horrible me and my friend just had to rebuild the engine because of its lacking of reliability<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: and ppl are still dissin pontiac

What's this? 2 good looking GM concepts after all the shit they have paraded around for the last 40 years? This and the SSR are the best efforts I have seen from the General since... ever. I hope this is just the beginning of the Bob Lutz influence. My God, I might even start respecting GM again...<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: and ppl are still dissin pontiac

again....Pontiac may not have always been up there but there is a lot more to GM than Pontiac, this car is beautiful. <!-- Signature -->

4. Re: and ppl are still dissin pontiac

People are probably dissing pontiac because it generally sucks.
    This car reminds me of a whole lot of other cars (z8 to cougar, everything in between) I see no originallity; except maybe the inline engine. Curiously, does anyone know why anyone uses in-line engines? I actually don`t know.. if there is a reason feel free to let me in on it<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: and ppl are still dissin pontiac

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from FordLuver</i>
    <b>Of course people are still dissing Pontiac look at the reliability of the Firebird Its horrible me and my friend just had to rebuild the engine because of its lacking of reliability</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Endine rebuilds are rarely due to the company quality. Most likely it was due to poor driving if it had to be done before they normally are. Besides what did the odometer say? Just so you know eventually all cars need a rebuild, its called wear.

6. Re: and ppl are still dissin pontiac

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from FordLuver</i>
    <b>Of course people are still dissing Pontiac look at the reliability of the Firebird Its horrible me and my friend just had to rebuild the engine because of its lacking of reliability</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->lets not even touch that subject with the ford company that didnt make all those saying for nuffen ya know
    <!-- Signature -->

7. Re: and ppl are still dissin pontiac

it needs to be dissed<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: and ppl are still dissin pontiac

GM's really put a lot of effort into Pontiac. Take a look at the new Grand Prix G-Force (280hp and .86 lateral G's!) or the brand new Sunfire. They are both much better looking, sleaker, and more powerful cars then the cars they will replace.

The Solstice, although the prospects for production aren't exactly great, is a fantastic looking car, and I bet it would be a blast to drive.

Pontiac's cars just seem to get better and better. I just can't wait to see some REAL muscle.<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: and ppl are still dissin pontiac

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from FordLuver
    Of course people are still dissing Pontiac look at the reliability of the Firebird Its horrible me and my friend just had to rebuild the engine because of its lacking of reliability

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rebuilt the engine huh ¿ not reliable ¿ I own a 98 Firebird it has over 110,000 miles on it. I drive it everyday & almost everyday I drive it at speeds of 100+mph. I never had to rebuild my engine. Just a normal tune-up on it. I'd say its holding up pretty dam' good & if u ever seen me drive, you would think so too. The pic. below might be a lil' blurry. but it is my odometer turning 100,000 miles while driving at 100mph & only 2 days before it turned 4 years old. THATS BUILT TO LAST. Pontiac DRIVING EXCITEMENT

10. Re: and ppl are still dissin pontiac

this pontiac is sweet, it looks good and has a efficient engine. The new pontiacs are really looking good. I'd love to drive one. Anyways Gm are very reliable I have 2 Gm cars with over 200 000 clicks yet and I have not needed to rebuild the engine yet.

11. Re: and ppl are still dissin pontiac

You two (supposedly) rebuilt a GM small block V8 because it lacked reliability? I think it was more of an idiot abusing it and neglecting maintenance. My Chevy 350 has close to 80,000km (mostly hard driven), and its still solid. I've seen these engines with over 300,000km on them without a rebuild.

12. Re: and ppl are still dissin pontiac

you see no originality, except for the inline engine?? Are you for real? The inline engine is the most commonly used engine in the world. Every manufacturer in the world has them (mostly in their high volume models). I think you suck....you don't deserve to know the answer to your question, you idiot.

13. Re: and ppl are still dissin pontiac

The originality is shown throughout the car. The chassis, the technology behind the engine, and the idea that simplicity is good. And a couple of reasons L-4 engines are used is because they have good gas milage, they are cheaper to work on and maintain, as well as to build..you're just an idiot.