And they said domestics suck.

Discussion in '1998 Chevrolet Camaro SS Coupe' started by sk8erjo21, Aug 9, 2002.

1. #26 cuttheduck, May 11, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re:

He could easily be right. I'm sick of tools thinking Since I have twice as many cylinders you must be twice as fast right? Don't get me wrong, Camaros are defintley one of my favorite cars but when I see douches say "japs suck", "they take more money to mod up" I have to say something. I say the same when A kid in his pimped out civic says american cars cant handle or they break down. Thats just not true,,many american cars can really take the turns, espcially vips an vettes.

Another thing, QUIT COMPARING A STOCK CIVIC ECONO-CAR TO A CAMARO, do I compare a supra to a 4 cylinder cavalier?

My point to the above, 90-99 eclipes and talons are one of the cheapest and fastest cars to modify period (yah, thats outta anything v-8 what have you). I know your probaly laughing but if you actually go to most tracks you'll see quite a few whipping some ass. Why are they good you ask, Like almost all forced Induction engines, they are built up from the factory. They can easily take 450 hp on stock internals daily driven. Factor in AWD launches at 5500 RPMS and 22 PSI you see you have a real car. THAT IS WHY ALOT OF IMPORTS ARE FASTER AND CHEAPER SPEED THEN ANY DOMESTICS.
    STI's, evos, dsm's,supra,rx-7,wrx,300z's,mr'2.
    Many of these cars can more then double or even triple their horsepower with TOTALLY stock internals and just turned up boost.
    Lets give an example so im not just talking out of my ass like alot of the 15 yearold bench racers I see online

You can pick up a 92 Turbo AWD eclipse for $1,500 average. Most people run a 14.6-14.9 avg stock. Is that incredibly fast? Hell no, however when they came out in 1990 they WERE FASTER THEN THE VETTES AND CAMAROS of the time, look it up. Thats not my point though, so how do u make it faster? I'm glad you asked,, just shut your mouth and listen.
    Being a turbo car you want NO BACKPRESSUE, if your in the $2000 challenge you can just remove everything after your downpipe. Now, using a 5 dollar boost controller, you can crank the boost up on the stock 14B turbo and EASILY run mid to high 12. No internals and NO fuel upgrades. Just open up both ends w/ exhaust and intake and crank up the boost. The stock turbo has gone in the mid 11's w/out nitrous but im just doing averages w/ a average tuner.
    http://www.dsmtimes.org/turbo.htm
    Now you wanna get faster, easy. Throw on a bigger turbo and some 720cc injectors w/ a SAFC. The engine is boost happy and runs so well because it WAS designed for boost. Meaning, Oil squirters, LOWer COMPRESSION, ECU which has a knock sensor and advances timing right up until the edge of knock. Obviously you will need to upgrade rods at some point if you want to Daily drive it espcially but not until the 10-11 second mark.

Got another question for you? How many daily driven cars do you see w/ full interiors and STREET TIRES, that run 8.7 second 1/4 mile times w/out changing a thing. Well I know of one but since its only a 2.0 liter 4 cylinder DSM (talon/eclipse) it can't be fast right??
    CHeck out the link. I see his car every year at the DSM shootout in Ohio. Great car, check out the old mag article and videos.
    http://shepracing.com/
    There are faster eclipses/talons that are full out drag cars but I'm impressed more by the cars that actually drive to the track and don't even change the tires they are riding on.

So you say "Well, If I put the 22 pounds of boost on my camaro im gonna be twice as fast cause I got twice as many cylinders" GOD, If murder were legal I'd kill all you stupid asses who talk shit but never touched a wrench. It's hows a engine is designed and its quirks, period. To run over 8-9 PSI on your SS you'll have to do some serious internals which will be very expensive and ruin any chances your car had of being a daily driver because of noise and reliability. Remeber, i already knocked off a mid 12 w/ $2000 invested INCLUDING the price of the car. The 4 cylinder 4g63 engine can easily handle 25 Pounds of boost WITH TOTALLY STOCK INTERNALS. And it still would never make you twice as fast even if you did get that much, just keep reading tool.

So whats left, you still say domestics are FAR SUPERIOR cause there faster stock. NOPE. You know those evos and stis will kick your ass. How about the new evos and evo MRs that actually have the same 2.0 liter 4 cylinder 4G63 engine as the eclipse.
    EVO MR
    0-60 4.3 sec
    1/4 mile 12.9 sec
    .98 g's on the skidpad
    OUTHANDLES and OUTBRAKES ANYTHING STOCK!!! PERIOD
    Oh YAH starts at $31,000, check out R&T from march

Heres a motor trend article on the first US EVO, not the more powerful EVO MR. Notice it still beats EVERY CAR IN THE SLALOM, Murcielago, Viper, cobra. corvette, 360 modena etc.

http://www.motortrend.com/features/scenes/112_0306_spdtest/index.html

The new Evo MR is 300 pounds lighter, better tires, active center differiantial, upgraded shocks, upgraded turbo w/ 30 more horses and ft/tq. It will kill the regular EVO in these same test and for only 3,000 grand more. A VIPER AND VETTE KILLER IN EVERY SENSE OF THE WORD FOR 31,000 grand!!! But i got 6 more cylinders dogg, so i cant lose!! Yah whatever..

This shows even HP and TQ are just another number in determining speed. The EVO MR is only rated at 281 horses and 295 ft/tq. Some douche on this site would think a 500 hp/ 500 ft/tq viper should be twice as fast but yet there within a .4 second in quarter mile time.
    That is because there are MANY FACTORS THAT DETERMINE SPEED. Weight, traction, power ACROSS THE RPM RANGE, are defintley as impotant as any Peak horsepower number which means almost nothing. On the street the EVO will most likely take a faster car for the simple reason it has that AWD system. That split second the viper spins is the split second the EVO will jump and beat even 11 second drag cars on the street.

I got more but I probaly shouldn't waste my time since talking to a wall would be more productive.

2. Re: And they said domestics suck.

You know...that quote right there states that you dont know jack F*****g shit about racing whatsoever. Isnt the whole point of track racing to get the straightest line possible and cornering on the apex properly. So shut the #$%# up when you dont know shit okay. Camaro SS ***** all the way!!

3. Re: And they said domestics suck.

This one biatch......"With the Dodge no longer supporting the Viper racing program, The 2001 C5-R dominated the racing scene. In the first race of the season, the C5-R took first place overall in a historic win at the Rolex 24 at Daytona. Dale Earnhardt and Dale Earnhardt Jr. also raced and finished 2nd in the GTS class and 4th overall. In June of 2001, the C5-R won the 24 Hours of LeMans in only its second attempt, finishing 1-2 in the GTS class.

In 2002, the C5-R repeated its 1-2 victory at LeMans, and also dominated the GTS class in the American LeMans Series."
    It pulls 1.44g's on the skidpad. It's not much slower of the line but the top speed on it is whats the *****, it will blow that skyline out of the #$%#in water. And dont give me none of that modified bullshit what the hell is nissan in that piece of shit anyway...this article applies to you to you track star!

4. Re: And they said domestics suck.

This one biatch......"With the Dodge no longer supporting the Viper racing program, The 2001 C5-R dominated the racing scene. In the first race of the season, the C5-R took first place overall in a historic win at the Rolex 24 at Daytona. Dale Earnhardt and Dale Earnhardt Jr. also raced and finished 2nd in the GTS class and 4th overall. In June of 2001, the C5-R won the 24 Hours of LeMans in only its second attempt, finishing 1-2 in the GTS class.

In 2002, the C5-R repeated its 1-2 victory at LeMans, and also dominated the GTS class in the American LeMans Series."
    It pulls 1.44g's on the skidpad. It's not much slower of the line but the top speed on it is whats the *****, it will blow that skyline out of the #$%#in water. And dont give me none of that modified bullshit what the hell is nissan in that piece of shit anyway...this article applies to you to you track star!

wut r u talking about? these cars have similar top ends and the skyline has 850 bhp and 709 lb tourque . blow the skyline out of the water yea right! oh AND the skyline would outhandle the C5-R dont come at me with YOUR BULLSHYT UNTIL YOU GET THE FACTS STRAIT........ beootch!

5. Re: And they said domestics suck.

wut r u talkin about? these cars have similar top-ends and the blitz has 850 bhp 709 tourque oh and it would outhandle the vette. blow the skyline out of the water??? yea right get ur info correct b4 u come at me with that bullshyt

6. Re: And they said domestics suck.

one last thing and i kno you know this imports will always outhandle domestic why do u think they put european suspention in many domestics its becuz domestic cars cant handle worth a shyt excluding the ford GT which(about time)but comon dude have some respect 4 imports especially the skyline

7. Re: And they said domestics suck.

Keep in mind japan isnt the only place with imports. The ferrari enzo is an import and it would smoke every american car on the track. You people think the vette is the best bang for the buck deal? A TVR cerbra is better you get a car that can out run a vette and beat a vette in every aspect and only is going for 20,000euro. a stock jap crap? it funny a 93 supra can beat a 93 corvette in the 1/4mile. an NSX can beat every corvette since 90 and up at the track a skyline can beat a Z06 at the track also and these cars are bone stock.
    All american cars are only made for is running the 1/4mile. you can say the corvette 427TTlingenfilter is the best street car but on the track that car would get killed by an enzo or a murcielago. why? lets see one thats way to much horse power to be making turns at high speeds not even an F1 car has as much horse. Thus the tires would get eatin in a matter of minites. Then the suspention would were out finliy the motor would stall because all the stoping and turning you would be doing would kill that car thus it would lose. Dont even say this car will last because look at the warenty on it only 2years? most real muscle cars(not american) got 5years. you people call camaros muscle cars? a Lamborghini countach is more of a muscle car than a 68 mustang! just look at the performance doesnt need any mods and its not only made to run 1/4miles. Plus the sound of a Lamborghini makes the sound of any Nova or corvette sound like a kitty cat. maybe Lamborghinis and Ferraris should be called muscle cars oh and there also IMPORTS!!!!!!.

8. The more modified they are, the closer it gets. Because the imports actually have build
    quality, they respond much better to mods. Add full exhaust to a camaro, it drops a few
    tenths, add it to a supra & it drops a full sec off. Turn up the boost on a stock dtm & they
    run 12's easily.

My friend has a ws6 w/ headers, cat, catback, chip, & huge tires. A stock lancer mr beats it
    everytime, especially OFF THE LINE. who needs torque? it's all about weight, gearing, & top
    end.

9. this is the united states of america...all we do is drag so get the #$%# out if you want to talk track star shit. and i hate to break it to you but my 00 z28 will run 13.5 stock and dont weight no damn 3360 pds either. its all fiberglass. i no that ss will do at least 13.1 with a good driver. they must have let a gm advisors 13 year old drive it and he still got 13.9 on it.

10. this is the united states of america...all we do is drag so get the #$%# out if you want to talk track star shit. and i hate to break it to you but my 00 z28 will run 13.5 stock and dont weight no damn 3360 pds either. its all fiberglass. i no that ss will do at least 13.1 with a good driver. they must have let a gm advisors 13 year old drive it and he still got 13.9 on it.

11. I own a 2001 Camaro SS. I bought it for 10K. I ran it stock at 12.69. I spent 5K modifying the engine. No forced induction and no spray. All engine I run 11.43. It's a good thing my car weighs what it does. I need it to help those wheels stick.

12. P.S. To all import lovers out there, I see the difference between ricers and tuners. I have respect for Pacific Muscle, but none for those who slap stickers, wings, and coffee cans on their cars and think they can take on a 300+HP domestic. Pacific Muscle is worthy of respect. Skylines, Supras, NSX's, ETC. Not Civics, Eclipses, Accords, ETC.