Automatic with paddle shift?

Discussion in '2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK 55 AMG' started by MarkM91286, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Where's the fun in that? "Oh lets shift into drive with the F-1(!!!!!!!!!) derived paddles mounted on the back of our steering wheel and not have to do anything but turn for the rest of the trip!" Note the word F-1(!!!!!!!!!!) I'd just as soon save my money and get a 360 Modena! 395hp V8,0-60 in 4.3 seconds NOT 5.1,a top speed of 189 mph NOT 155, Paddle shift,the Prancing Horse badges(!!!!), an awesome racing history backing it up, AND an 8,500rpm redline! LONG LIVE ITALIAN SUPERCARS!<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Automatic with paddle shift?

Is the paddle shift on this car a true to life manual without a clutch? Or is it like porsches tiptronic semiautomatic gearbox?<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Automatic with paddle shift?

It would be nice if the 2003 SL 55 could have paddle shifters.<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Automatic with paddle shift?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from RLQ</i>
    <b>It would be nice if the 2003 SL 55 could have paddle shifters.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->The SL-55AMG does have paddle shifters.<!-- Signature -->