Batmobile designed by Gordon Murray

Discussion in 'Prototypes, Concepts and Electric' started by F50Fanatic, Sep 1, 2011.

1. #1 F50Fanatic, Sep 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/19/gordon-murray-reveals-new-batmobile-dark-knight-gets-serious-ab/

So you've finished building your Batman Forever-style Batmobile, your Tumbler's up on blocks in the front yard, and you're itching for a new project. It's not too early to start planning a DIY version of Gordon Murray's newly unveiled Bat-ride (part of the Batman Live World Arena Tour). The designer drew on his experience with the McLaren F1 for his new concept car, which includes a healthy dose of imagineering: there's a carbon-fiber body that "breathes," as well as LED-lit "virtual wheels." We're not sure how carbon fiber breathes or what virtual wheels are, but as Murray explains in the video below, they're based on Formula One materials as he imagines them 15-20 years from now. He also envisions a greener Dark Knight, whose ride runs on hydrogen fuel cells and lithium-ion batteries -- no longer will the caped crusader suffer a guilty conscience due to his excessive carbon dioxide emissions.

2. #2 F50Fanatic, Sep 1, 2011
    Video:

3. He's really whoring himself out now
    Just like Lotus
    Maybe he'll work for Lamborghini soon

4. #4 jj4ever, Sep 2, 2011
  5. I bet it has amazing traction with those 3 inch tires.

6. #6 stefani88, Feb 12, 2012

Such a very amazing link!

8. redtails is never free it costs 2 hours or something

9. Looks like it took him 10 minutes to design it.

10. i'd rather see a batmobile designed by bill murray

11. I'm sure it'll run all of 10 minutes before exploding. Give me the Tumbler any day. best batmobile ever conceived.

12. THAT IS THE GAYEST BANGMOBILE I EVER SEEN