Best car ever, tell me

Discussion in '2002 Bugatti 16/4 Veyron Preproduction' started by mclarenf1, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: Best car ever, tell me

<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Best car ever, tell me

that it is .

3. Re: Best car ever, tell me

got class I agree but it's no diablo<!-- Signature -->

4. From my opinion, better than mclaren f1

5. Re: Best car ever, tell me

better than the F1, never. in a new league yes. When Mclaren made the F1, lots of gound was broken. The Driver in the middle, super low weight, magnetless subwoofer, aerodynamic-fan system, and braking spoiler (among many other genius features) made the design unique, and timeless.

Bugatti has picked up where Mclaren left off. A multi-turbocharged all-wheel drive Mclaren has been a fantasy of mine for quite a while. The Bugatti has the horsepower, the refinement, and genius design worthy of a supercar, but will it ever be as ground-breaking and unique as the F1? who knows.

6. Re: Best car ever, tell me

Will this car be better than the McLaren? I think it will be. I definately like the design better and I feel the performance will be signifigantly better. Will it be as groundbreaking? I doubt it, but it is still a beauty.

7. Re: Best car ever, tell me

I think the McLaren F1 is the best car ever. These cars can't really be compared for speed tho...I mean the Bugatti is a lot newer and technology has evolved a lot and the fact that the bugatti has almost 400 more bhp kind of gives it a little more advantage. <!-- Signature -->

8. Re: Best car ever, tell me

I think the McLaren F1 is the best car ever. These cars can't really be compared for speed tho...I mean the Bugatti is a lot newer and technology has evolved a lot and the fact that the bugatti has almost 400 more bhp kind of gives it a little more advantage. <!-- Signature -->

9. Re: Best car ever, tell me

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from jaua</i>
    <b>From my opinion, better than mclaren f1</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

i was the F1 biggest fan UNTIL this car came!!

now its :

1) 2002 Bugatti 16/4 Veyron
    2) Mclaren F1 LM
    3) Mclaren F1
    4) Mclaren F1 GTR<!-- Signature -->

10. Best car ever???

i dont know on what it is exactly that so many people here base their claim that the bugatti is the "best supercar" ever. it seems that all they say is - 1. its got 4 turbos bolted to huge W16 and 2. 252 miles per hour. those are some very narrow criteria for judging a car. dont get me wrong, it seems to be an incredible machine from first glimpse, but its just way too early to say if its the best all around - has any track performance figures been released? skidpad #s? etc.

11. Re: Best car ever, tell me

Too many people here argue about which car is better and which is the best. The veyron and the f1 are both beautiful, amazing machines. Leave it at that. But here is the key that all of you are missing-the Mclaren did 240 years ago-and without turbochargers. The bugatti has 4. I will leave it at that.

12. Re: Best car ever, tell me

wonder the kind of figures an f1 would be putting out if someone put 4 turbos on it

13. Re: Best car ever, tell me

Best car ever is the Lamborghini Diablo, closely followed by the Murcielago. McLarens and Bugattis come behind.

14. Re: Best car ever, tell me

You all got class. I don't know much about cars, but this one really does it for me. The design screams performance, power, and elegance. If only I were a millionaire.....

15. F-1 Does not look areodynamicaly good

The Mclaren is the opposite of Areo-dynamics. Square surfaces and blocky cars are not good for areodynamics. This Bugatti is good, due to it being round.

Porsche proved my theory long ago. The closer we get to a perfect sphere the less wind resistance we need to worry about.<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: Best car ever, tell me

Stop. One Moment. I want start you thinking. This car has 1001bhp. 4 Turbos. Nice. Nice Topspeed as well. BUT. WhatŽs the weight? DonŽt expect a car with 1500+kg (it will have more, there am i sure) to be fast in corners... no tires are able to cope with that weight. So what youŽre going to do with all your turbos, all that horsepower? Burn your tires, nothing more. Cruise slowly and be cool. What IŽve read, this car does have a lot of luxury, so you gonna like that. But I donŽt think, anybodyŽs really going on a Racetrack with that car, itŽs no McLaren, Porsche (Think of the Carrera GT), or Ferrari (F40, F50, F60?)...

17. Re: Best car ever, tell me

Very well said, "Ludwig". It will be a wonderous luxury cruiser and it will be fast, however, I do question how it will behave around the track due to its presumably large weight. But with a grand of horsepower and a handcrafted interior, I don't care it it's the fastest around the track. It'll still be a fantastic automobile. Also, I wanted to mention to "Walperstyle" that a sphere is not the perfect areodynamic shape. The teardrop is.<!-- Signature -->

18. Re: Best car ever, tell me

Wrong wallpaper, round dousnt necassarily mean more aerodynamic. Blocky surfaces are irrelevent, its what angle the surfaces are put together at.

When a car travels the resistance pushes back against the car, so the force of the resistance multiplied by the cosine of the angle of the car will give you the "drag" on the car. Since the McLaren has such a small angle, there is barely any drag.

However this car is badass, 7 speed transmision, 3-0 second 0-60. But really guys, who gives a damn if it only goes 8 mph faster than the F1
    Even if you had the money to buy it, which one of you could get it up to the max speed anyway.

All i have to say is that the Geo Metro is the best supercar. cuz it looks so damn nice in baby blue.

Peace<!-- Signature -->

19. Re: Best car ever, tell me

I think this is a great car and it looks good. But i think the new McLaren coming out would kill this thing.Also u can't mod this car. U can on the new McLaren. Also the Callaway Sledgehammer Corvette is way better.<!-- Signature -->