BEST CAR IN THE WORLD, in quality and comfort, and speed too, li

Discussion in '1998 Mercedes-Benz CLK GTR Straßenversion' started by maclaren4life, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Re: BEST CAR IN THE WORLD, in quality and comfort, and speed too

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from MB_CLK-GTR</i>
    <b>not too much in the comfort here... this car is kinda rough when driven... but hell, IT IS THE BEST GODDAMN THING ON THE STREETS!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    yep...also, the 191 mph is so-so, so I would'nt be boasting about the speed.

2. Re: BEST CAR IN THE WORLD, in quality and comfort, and speed too

Okay... let me clear that out... okay the top speed of the road ver. of this car is 191... well not that fast as with the TVR Speed 12 or the McLaren F1 which has reached 240 mph but I like to quote that the racing ver. of this car can well also reach 240 when the gears were flat out... but anyways 191 isn't that slow in fact that's in leage with the Ferrari F50 and the Lamborghini Diablo, but still I like to point out that top speed isn't really that important in racing... acceleration does... and this momma accelerates like Satan!<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: BEST CAR IN THE WORLD, in quality and comfort, and speed too

In 1997, Mercedes arrived in the newly FIA approved GT series with a travesty of a GT car. There was no road going versions of the mid-engined CLK at this time, it's was hard to see why the FIA agreed to let Mercedes race and, although technically, having a road legal ride height, the aerodynamics of the car ensure it rides as low as 10mm from the ground at speed, producing almost Group C like downforce.<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: BEST CAR IN THE WORLD, in quality and comfort, and speed too

not too much in the comfort here... this car is kinda rough when driven... but hell, IT IS THE BEST GODDAMN THING ON THE STREETS!<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: BEST CAR IN THE WORLD, in quality and comfort, and speed too

show me a car except the CLK-GTR that can go to 100 mph in just 5.7 seconds, show me *****!

6. Re: BEST CAR IN THE WORLD, in quality and comfort, and speed too

Alright, lets make something clear. Everybody raves about this cars performance stats. Those stats you see before you are from the CLK GTR LeMans car and are geared from that car. The picture at the top is a Mercedes Benz CLK-GTR roadster coupe, which is street legal and not as fast as the race version. The one car that can stay with those stats is the Mercedes Benz CLK-GTR 7.3L supersport which is still steet legal. It produces 720 hp @ 6,700rpm. There's only 25 of them in the world so i'd love to see one.

The car at the top in the picture does 0-60 in 3.8s, 0-100 in 9.8 and a top speed of 198mph.

Just thought i'd clear some stuff up a real car is the Supersport version.

7. Re: BEST CAR IN THE WORLD, in quality and comfort, and speed too

BS

8. Re: BEST CAR IN THE WORLD, in quality and comfort, and speed too

Dauer 962 LM
    Schuppan 962 LM
    Coram 962 LM
    Bugatti 16/4 Veyron
    Lotec Sirius Concept
    TVR Speed 12 Concept
    Ford GT90 Concept
    McLaren F1 LM

9. Re: BEST CAR IN THE WORLD, in quality and comfort, and speed too

meow

10. Re: BEST CAR IN THE WORLD, in quality and comfort, and speed too

this is a beast, and it allways will be.

In 20 years, this will be a classic

11. Re: BEST CAR IN THE WORLD, in quality and comfort, and speed too

to follow the Gullwing's footsteps

12. Re: BEST CAR IN THE WORLD, in quality and comfort, and speed too

damn right

13. Re: BEST CAR IN THE WORLD, in quality and comfort, and speed too

The 191mph top speed is not that impressive but the time it takes to get there IS.

14. Re: BEST CAR IN THE WORLD, in quality and comfort, and speed too

Mustang Boss does it in 5.5 seconds, but this has a better 1/4 Mile

15. Re: BEST CAR IN THE WORLD, in quality and comfort, and speed too

The Mustang boss is a plastic-covered piece of shit.

16. Re: BEST CAR IN THE WORLD, in quality and comfort, and speed too

i dunno, i wouldn't say that. It is still a very good car. Don't dis it cause this is better. The Mustang Boss is still wicked.

17. Re: BEST CAR IN THE WORLD, in quality and comfort, and speed too

hehehehheehh

18. Re: BEST CAR IN THE WORLD, in quality and comfort, and speed too

wots so funny, the Mustang Boss is cool. This howeva, is better

19. Re: BEST CAR IN THE WORLD, in quality and comfort, and speed too

agree but not too much comfort