best street-legal (us) track bike?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Motorcycles' started by f11111, Nov 23, 2004.

1. suzuki
    yamaha
    honda
    kawasaki
    agusta
    ducati
    aprilia
    other

2. What type of bike?

3. Ducati 999-R 2005 is my pick for best barely legal bike, might not be as fast as most of the Japs but damn close to being illegal in other ways.

4. yeh 999's are awsome! GSX1000R are sick aswel!

5. any bike...like a 1300 bike would be best im guessing? more power than the 1000 bikes?

6. For the 100999088th time the R1.

7. You are such an idiot.

The Hayabusa is an awful track bike. In fact it isn't even a sport bike. It's a sport tourer. Hence the R being placed after the displacement rather than before.

Idiots.

8. You are such an idiot.

The Hayabusa is an awful track bike. In fact it isn't even a sport bike. It's a sport tourer. Hence the R being placed after the displacement rather than before.

Idiots.

9. I wouldnt call it an awful track bike. Obviously, it would be harder
    to ride faster than an R1, but a good rider can make it fly.

10. It doesn't change the fact it weighs 500lbs.

11. Tough call.

12. haha, that's my favorite bike in the world but there are others which I would think are faster and more "illegal"; i.e. Hayabusa Turbo

13. Ducati 999R or Suzuki's GSX1000R

14. just because valentino rossi can drive it doesnt mean you can

15. Look how long the damn thing is, short=more nimble.

16. then why are manufacturers INCREASING wheelbase all the time? the busa NEEDS to be that long to prevent wheelies. the same can be said about the new liter bikes. they've become so powerful that they are continuously extending the wheelbase and/or lengthening the swingarm to curb wheelies. while shorter wheelbases may be more nimble, there are other ways around it. but there aren't so many ways to control these 150 whp beasts.

17. ... your point being what?

18. Hmm... nevermind then.

19. gixxer 750