Bugatti vs...wait, where's the competition? oh that's right, the

Discussion in '2001 Bugatti 16/4 Veyron Concept' started by Defibulat0r, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Flat out, buggatti's the best, maybe they didnt strive as much as mclaren, but all in all, the winner is the winner, plain and simple. You dont always have to be the hard working, under-priveledged, foreign kid who was picked on, in order to achieve total success, bugatti's better, faster, nicer looking, and tears up the track, no car, ever will touch this, the only car is those nasa engeneered car's taht the test in the salf flats. I dont think any domestic purchases will go through with those any time soon, the facts are, bugatti is real, and competition is not.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Bugatti vs...wait, where's the competition? oh that's right,

I AGREE, FOR THIS BEAUTIFUL MONSTER, (EVEN THO IM A CADY FAN)THERE IS NO CHALLENGE OR COMPETION! IT IS TRUELY THE NICEST CAR, ( IN MY OPINION) I'VE SEEN IN A LONG TIME, NO FOREVER, BECAUSE OF THE ENGINE AND AMAZING BODY!<!-- Signature -->

3. #3 locoako786, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  4. Re: Bugatti vs...wait, where's the competition? oh that's right,

<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: Bugatti vs...wait, where's the competition? oh that's right,

your the dumbass. the vette is a one-off. it's not competition! get over it, your a bloody pathetic american patriotic cool-person wannabe, and you need to pull your head out of your ass. the bugatti OWNS, wether you like it or not.

Everybody KNOWS about your stupid little sledgehammer. and you know what? WE DON'T CARE.

this goes to anyone else who wants to diss this car. you can't diss the bugatti. you can diss anything except this, and the Volkswagen Corrado.

6. Re: Bugatti vs...wait, where's the competition? oh that's right,

Bugatti is faaaassssstt but is a piece if shit!! VWs suckkkk!

7. Re: Bugatti vs...wait, where's the competition? oh that's right,

Dont get carried away..VW only finances Bugatti.

8. Re: Bugatti vs...wait, where's the competition? oh that's right,

Yes, Bugatti is real. Is this car though? Has it been sold to consumers yet? To the best of my knowledge it hasn't, so reserve judgement until then.

How do you know it will tear up the track? Has it been tested? Have you driven one?

As for no car ever touching this, wasn't that what the guy who set the record in the Mclaren said, and look, it's beaten. Do you honestly think this will always be the fastest car? There have been other concepts that have been able to compete with this, Like the Vector WX3, which had over 1000 hp. But, like this car, it's just a concept.

9. Re: Bugatti vs...wait, where's the competition? oh that's right,

Nothing wrong with VW!

10. Re: Bugatti vs...wait, where's the competition? oh that's right,

Yes, the Veyron concept was tested in philidelphia in November, and i didnt have facts to back it up then, but it definatly is a dominant car, it did the quarter mile in 5.1 seconds flat (averaged, it varied from 5.5 to 4.9) and it does zero to 60 almost 1.8 seconds, it anhilates all other cars, and stop badgering everyone with your goddamn sledgehammer, it's a one time show car, that will never be rebult, never be re-raced, and will never be seen by yourself, get over it, american cars are fast but are no match to anything a Veyron could put on the time charts. It's plain and simple, Bugatti is the massicist of all car racing. As for the other cars taht are 1000+ hp, i promise you'll never get anything touching the 265MPH that it hit at the race track in November. Also the 1000+ hp's, they're not nearly as light, or have as many cylinders, or the gear specs that this has. Also i saw a corvet with like 1200 hp, and the pistons shot through the manifold, and through the hood becasue he tried to turbo charge it. Idiots, you cant touch it, it's as simple as that. It's good to see Bugatti has so many supporters.

11. Re: Bugatti vs...wait, where's the competition? oh that's right,

LMAO 5.1 quarter mile? 1.9 0-60? What the hell do you think this thing is, a funny car?

First off, let's get a few things straight. A top fuel dragster has roughly 6000hp, mountains of tourque, and 95% of the weight positioned directly over the drive wheels to increase grip, yet they run 4s in the 1/4. Now explain to me how a 3500lb luxury supercar can do the similar? Better yet, how does it manage only 1.8 0-60, and still get 5.1? It would have to be able get to sixty in less than 1 flat to even get close to a five second quarter mile.

What other cars with 1000+hp? The Vector WX3 concept has 1000, but yet's it's still a concept and no public testing was ever done with it. Other than that I can't think of another one. And no, the Veyron has never reached 265mph. It's top speed, as claimed by bugatti itself, is 252mph.

Are you insinuating that this car is going to be light? For a possibility of what the veyron might weigh, check Bugatti's last car, the EB110. 3940lbs? Light? Get your facts straight.

Face it, Bugatti would do better with less supporters such as yourself. You post your misinformed opinions as facts. I hope you don't go around trying to "support" other cars on this site.

12. Re: Bugatti vs...wait, where's the competition? oh that's right,

I can't wait to see how many are totalled because no one can control the amount of horsepower it has.

"Oh but it has all wheel drive!"

LOL

13. Re: Bugatti vs...wait, where's the competition? oh that's right,

So many people saying this car can beat the McLaren when the two have never been pitted against each other. Also who has proof that this car is going to be produced? Cuz' if you do, please give me the web address!

14. Re: Bugatti vs...wait, where's the competition? oh that's right,

Speed means nothing. Just because it has 1000HP under its hood doesn't mean it can beat every car. The McLaren F1 could beat this car and the new 1000TT that is coming into production would be a great opponent as well because of the higher, 1175HP it is rumored to have. And of course, the performance of the car is pretty much based on the performance of the driver. Finally, it's "caddy" and not cady.

15. Re: Bugatti vs...wait, where's the competition? oh that's right,

Defibulat0r

i agree, he should be banned, by the way top fuels have up to 10 000 hp

16. Re: Bugatti vs...wait, where's the competition? oh that's right,

Yeah I realized that afterwards. I was looking at an early 90s Dodge Funny Car that had 6000hp. I think it was the first one to break into the 4s.

17. Re: Bugatti vs...wait, where's the competition? oh that's right,

this has more power than an f1 car and it is twice as fast and just wait thge will be on the roud in june!!!

can i have one?

£6,000,00

what is you fave film

gone in 60 seconds
    fast and the furious
    in dhiana jones

18. Re: Bugatti vs...wait, where's the competition? oh that's right,

It's no where near as fast as an f1 car.

19. Re: Bugatti vs...wait, where's the competition? oh that's right,

ok lets check this out...a top fuel may have up to 10 000bhp and this may have 1 000bhp but have either of them been driven on the roads by a rich ass white boy since they can only afford them. Since neither of them have been on the streets and driven by a person that would end up driving em you can't exactly say hey this does this in this many sec's or this car is better since pro drivers drive them in a straight line. If you think about it technically this car has a few competitors a mclaren saleen s7 and depending on how production stuff goes the VW W12 and caddy cien. So there's my facts lol

20. Re: Bugatti vs...wait, where's the competition? oh that's right,

It doesn't matter who will purchase and drive the Veyron once they are in production. I'm sure there will be people who enjoy racing and know what they're doing that will buy one. Also, this car will soon be in the hands of magazine test drivers, so they'll be able to tell us what this car can and can't do.

Also, the VW W12 will be a luxury sedan and no competition to this, and the Cien will most likely never see production.

21. Re: Bugatti vs...wait, where's the competition? oh that's right,

OK. I know this is way off the subject, but are they really producing the Sixteen in Holland? Because therez a bunch of people in the Sixteen forum saying that they are.

22. Re: Bugatti vs...wait, where's the competition? oh that's right,

Ok first of all if you think this looks better than the Mclaren F1 then get off the crack pipe~!second of all this may beat the F1 in a top speed shootout(but not by much)consediring it does have 1000bhp
    and way more torque than the F1.But How the hell can you say"it tears up the track" when this is still a concept,it hasn't been tested yet and most likely it's gonna way alot more then the F1
    and weight means not good handling didn't you know that dipstick!~?

23. Re: Bugatti vs...wait, where's the competition? oh that's right,

No, weight does not garuntee bad handling. Do you think a Civic will outhandle a Clk GTR? It does weigh much less after all. Weight does, however, limit cornering speeds and braking due to added momentum the weight brings. The suspension setup, layout weight distribution and many other factors also contribute to good handling.

Any thing but a round a track the Veyron will be dominated by the F1, as the Veyron is more luxury performance, while the F1 is uncomprimised (beyond the obvious compromisations all road cars face)performance.

24. Re: Bugatti vs...wait, where's the competition? oh that's right,

meow

25. Re: Bugatti vs...wait, where's the competition? oh that's right,

Are you this desperate to have a high post count? Please, wait until you actually have something relative to the subject worth saying before you post.