Build It!

Discussion in '2000 Chrysler 300 Hemi C Concept' started by imprezawrx14, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: Build It!

it's a decent car.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Build It!

I don't think it looks like a Corvette, it looks mighty nice though.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Build It!

i would give my right nut for this car

4. Re: Build It!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!! i want 2!!

5. Re: Build It!

Back in the 50's, this car was the first in the world to run a 100+ mph trap speed. Good to see Chrysler looking back into their heritage!!

6. Re: Build It!

Should be fast as Vette, and not all automatic. They should think of puttin 392 or 426 HEMI big block car for like an anniversary or special edition crap,would make it most wicked car around.<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: Build It!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 87stang</i>
    <b>my dad works for daimler/chrysler and he was told they are not going to build this car. i wish they would, great car!! i watched car&driver test drive one of these. one bad mother#$%#a. sucks it isn't being put in production :(</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I heard there were plans for production due the overwhelmingly positive response of the people who saw it, yet... we have to thank the friendly european guys at Daimler Chrysler, because, they don't want Chrysler to make a car that competes against MB's own CLK cabrio...
    they consider the 300C a waste of money so the project was put on hold and perhaps canned
    too bad... indeed... I'm starting to think this merge of Chrysler and M-B shouldn't have happened<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: Build It!

it really should nto have happened. the merger has cancelled some awesome ideas from chrylser. some concepts i guess i can understand not getting made...but this 300hemi-c..just plain stupid to not build.

9. Re: Build It!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from relayagent</i>
    <b>it really should nto have happened. the merger has cancelled some awesome ideas from chrylser. some concepts i guess i can understand not getting made...but this 300hemi-c..just plain stupid to not build.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

yeah and did you know what hapenned to the next gen Grand Cherokee? just another example about how stupid this Merge thing is...

they decided to push back development of Jeeps flaghship so they can use that plattform for the new M class too, but then of course the M debuts first and word is that the new Grand Cherokee may even be cancelled, so it won't compete against the M class...
    <!-- Signature -->

10. mopar all the way

It is truely a shame to think that Daimler-Chrysler is not going to produce this car. The Hemi engine was outlawed in NASCAR because it was to fast for the ford cars. I am glad that the mopar heritage is starting to come back. True american muscle will be good for the soul of the youth that believe jap crap is the best. And whoever said that it resembles a corvette should be shot. nothing on this car looks chevy. It looks more like a cross of the new charger and the new 300M.

11. Re: mopar all the way

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from mechanic</i>
    <b>It is truely a shame to think that Daimler-Chrysler is not going to produce this car. The Hemi engine was outlawed in NASCAR because it was to fast for the ford cars. I am glad that the mopar heritage is starting to come back. True american muscle will be good for the soul of the youth that believe jap crap is the best. And whoever said that it resembles a corvette should be shot. nothing on this car looks chevy. It looks more like a cross of the new charger and the new 300M.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

well...
    MT guys pointed out the car had some Chevy 'Vette flavor on it when viewed from the rear and rear 3/4ts, but overall the car is pure Chrysler indeed, its a nice evolution of the 300M styling.

The Hemi engine will be back next year when Chrysler introduces its next gen LX (rear drive) midsize cars, and should the HemiC ever make it into production, bet on it packing the largest Hemi they've got.<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: Build It!

you have to hand it chrysler, they know how to blend retro with modern day looks and performance. next time grandpa pulls up in the next lane, i'll think twice about racing him. it's getting scary these days, we the younger croud think we're so hot with our modified imports and domestic cars, but these newer family cars are starting to put out some serious power now......gulp!<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: Build It!

If this is supposed to be a family car, what the hell is the viper gonna put out, 800 horse stock? Chrysler is setting the standard for power in the upcoming years, and i think i like it.

14. Re: Build It!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from hemi</i>
    <b>If this is supposed to be a family car, what the hell is the viper gonna put out, 800 horse stock? Chrysler is setting the standard for power in the upcoming years, and i think i like it.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

uhhm nop
    this aint supposed to be a family car... instead, this is a luxury convertible, a bit like the idea behind the Ford T-bird but packing a lot of punch... (A V8 HEMI indeed)

I really hope they build it, I saw it last year at the Mexico auto show and really liked it a lot<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: Build It!

oh this ain;t no grandpa car man
    a few words tho
    the design cue for the newest 300m<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: Ohh.. what a car!!

Yah man...<!-- Signature -->

17. Re: Build It!

GREAT CAR. I WANT ONE...I NEED ONE.

18. Re: Build It!

I would deffinately buy one if they made it.

19. Re: Build It!

This car is one of the best ideas to come out of Chysler in a while. All it needs is a manual tranny and it's ready to go. Even better, if they gave it a removeable hardtop, or even a hardtop coupe version. That would be a dream come true.

20. Re: Build It!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Wheelman</i>
    <b>This car is one of the best ideas to come out of Chysler in a while. All it needs is a manual tranny and it's ready to go. Even better, if they gave it a removeable hardtop, or even a hardtop coupe version. That would be a dream come true.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

well given the T-birds choice of a hard top... I bet Chrysler is going to offer one for this car.
    and ... have u guys noticed it looks a bit like the Corvette?
    <!-- Signature -->

21. As an owner of a 2000 Chrysler 300M, I hope to god they build this concept!

22. Ohh.. what a car!!

Wow, best chrysler concept ever !
    I loved the phantom.. but this is ...
    WOW !!! NO WORDS TO SAY !!!
    now.. the questio of the year ?
    better :
    This car, a corvette, or a MASERATI 3200GT (remember maserati is ITALIAN !!!)

23. Re: Ohh.. what a car!!

<!-- QUOTE --><left><hr width="50%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from jaimejavier!!!!!</i>
    <b>Wow, best chrysler concept ever !
    I loved the phantom.. but this is ...
    WOW !!! NO WORDS TO SAY !!!
    now.. the questio of the year ?
    better :
    This car, a corvette, or a MASERATI 3200GT (remember maserati is ITALIAN !!!)

</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

24. Re: Build It!

This car is a classic, going back to the 50's, I'm glad to see its still around

25. Re: Build It!

This is nice car. It mixes luxury with with pure american muscle. I think they definitly should build it.