Buying a Truck

Discussion in 'American Cars' started by cobrajet, Dec 29, 2004.

1. What the hell are you talking about?

The 454 SS pickup has the suspension and power to tow a friggan house and at the same time carry stuff like a pickup truck, it is an awesome suggestion.

2. It was something like 200HP and 400 pounds of torque, just a few hundred dollars in mods and it would haul ass. I would LOVE one. Infact I drove one and it went like this, from a stop to 15 mph it would haul ass, but after that it fell on its face.

3. my dakota has been good to me 1998 with a 318ci

4. good gas milege you get from an I-4 S-10 Regular cab (under no circumstances get extended the 4.10s kill ur gas)

5. i would get an 1978 ford f250 4x4 but get it conveted to propane to save money those trucks are built good and they look good

6. What do you mean by fix it up?

7. Do you think someone is going to put dirt, trash, or wood in the back of that truck?

8. u know Hitler went to VW and asked them to build a car for the people and thats what VW came up with the beetle

9. u know Hitler went to VW and asked them to build a car for the people and thats what VW came up with the beetle

10. u know Hitler went to VW and asked them to build a car for the people and thats what VW came up with the beetle

11. Yes, he wanted a family car.

12. Yes? What do you think it is, a Navigator?

13. It's hard to go wrong with a 4 wheel drive 88-98 GMC pickup. They're abundant as hell, parts are cheap, and they're acceptably reliable.

If you want good on fuel, you don't want a pickup. Even the 4 bangers gas mileage is somewhat disappointing.

Based around the fact that you probably don't have 35,000 to spend on a truck, I would say that for around 8000, you could get a nicely equipped '97 Sierra Z71. Stay away from the 4.3 litre, it doesn't really get any better gas mileage than the V8.