Camaro vs. Mustang

Discussion in '2000 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Concept' started by ghosst, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: Camaro vs. Mustang

Thanks Air. You can go for a ride anytime! <!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Camaro vs. Mustang

Wanna hear the truth? A mustang cobra has less power than an SS, a five speed trans, and is a FORD. SS is better. It is a proven fact. You can't fight the truth.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Camaro vs. Mustang

HA<!-- Signature -->

4. I have a question for all you Ford guys out there dissing on the Camaro. Why year after year does the camaro out-run the mustang of it's "equivalent"? I have a 98 SS and day in and day out these pussies in there Cobra's are looking at my taillights as I fly by them. I have not found a Mustang that can come even close to hanging with me. Untill I get beat by some little dick 4.6 or 5.0 Mustang, I say, Put up or shut up! <!-- Signature -->

5. Re: Camaro vs. Mustang

heh,yeah, good thing your car is being discontinued.

6. Re: Camaro vs. Mustang

you bmw loving^$(P% THERE NOT GETTING RID OF ANYTHING THE F-BODY'S COMMING BACK IN 2004. I HOPE THIS SINKS INTO YOUR EMPTY SKULL

7. Re: Camaro vs. Mustang

The last time I checked, Mustang vs. Camaro had nothing to do with BMW or any other girlly import car. American muscle is the only way to go. For the outragious prices people pay for BMW's or other piece of shit imports I could buy a camaro and make it twice the car. Performance for the price award goes to the Camaro. So blow me BMW!<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: Camaro vs. Mustang

I aree, I think bmw boy should stay the f**k out of here and stop thinking that bmws are the fastest cars in the world.

9. Re: Camaro vs. Mustang

As far as camaro vs. mustang, this car was built by jon moss to go against coletti's mustang and lost in a drag race to the stang... but the camaro beat the boss in the auto-x course, good episode of car and driver.<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: Camaro vs. Mustang

In my opinion this forum could just as well be called Gay vs. Gayer. Camaro's and Mustangs are both shit and have been for years. My bro smokes both brands of garbage all the time in his factory stock AUDI RS4 FUCKING STATION WAGON. And the occasional blower toting hunk of Ford or GM shit that does beat him couldn't stop in under 500 feet or corner worth dick.

11. Re: Camaro vs. Mustang

Once again, please refer to my second post! I don't remember refering to Audi either. You must be just blind or stupid! <!-- Signature -->

12. Re: Camaro vs. Mustang

While I am neither, what is stupidly obvious is the motive behind you not considering imports in your competition of two sorry American cars. For if you did consider imports, why they would stomp both the Mustang and the Camaro. Hell, if you wanna talk price, my bro's Stationwagon would shit on a Vette or a Viper. But alas, if exclusion of real sports cars is what you need to carry on the argument of which of two shit cars are less shitty, then so be it. While your at it, toss the Viper and Vette in, they fit the description of this battle as well.

13. Re: Camaro vs. Mustang

I don't know if you've read the heading to this forum..But it clearly states Camaro vs. Mustang. So that is what should be discussed...I dont know why you are bringing in audi, the viper, and vettes..They are not even close to being in the same class as the camaro and mustang...I'm not saying that the camaro and mustang are better than the others...I'm just saying that they aren't in the same competitive class..
    Start another thread if you want to discuss the audi vs camaro or mustang<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: Camaro vs. Mustang

Yeah, besides you brothers audi wagon would get absolutely burned by a Z-28 or an SS in all cat. Where exactly do you live where you have the chance to race blown cars at all??? There are exactly 3 cars within 20 miles of me with any kind of a blower sticking out of the hood, and only one of them is a daily driver. Your brother must of been racing kids learning to drive, or maybe they were parked?

15. Re: Camaro vs. Mustang

To the guy saying that his brothers audi can beat a viper or vette, what are you and your brother smoking?!? A stationwagon no less. I don't know a whole lot about audi's, but I really doudt that any of them can even stay close enough behind a viper or vette to see the taillights!
    As far as camaros vs stangs, the 2001 cobra against a 2001 ss...
    I'd have to call a tie, I think that they're pretty damm close in specs. Both great cars though!!

16. Re: Camaro vs. Mustang

Please!!!
    A Camaro VS a Ford Mustang. A Mustang halls ass comraered to a sucky Camaro. FORD MUSTANGS RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. Re: Camaro vs. Mustang

Ok, F150, you're like 14. You don't know what you're talking about so just look around and see what other people have to say so you don't blow your cover.

18. Re: Camaro vs. Mustang

Just out of curiousity, these cars you "smoked", did they know you were racing them? cause it doesn't really count if you just pass them on the highway while some midlife crisis is trying to fix his hairpiece.

also, don't be too hasty to judge F150, because who knows what would happen if we "comraered" a Camaro and a Mustang? Who knows what it means to comraer two things anyway? It probably has something to do with a game he plays with his hot wheels.<!-- Signature -->

19. Re: Camaro vs. Mustang

Of course I was racing them you idiot. And I have about $1,000 of Ford owner money to prove it, Mustangs just can't hang with Camaro's. Face it, Ford is slow.<!-- Signature -->

20. Re: Camaro vs. Mustang

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from FI50</i>
    <b>Please!!!
    A Camaro VS a Ford Mustang. A Mustang halls ass comraered to a sucky Camaro. FORD MUSTANGS RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Since when??? Every article I've ever read on this subject states that the Camaro SS is clearly a faster car than the Mustang Cobra. There is even an article in Fast Fords magazine that states the SS is a faster car. Sorry F150, Camaro is Faster.

21. Re: Camaro vs. Mustang

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ghosst</i>
    <b>I have a question for all you Ford guys out there dissing on the Camaro. Why year after year does the camaro out-run the mustang of it's "equivalent"? I have a 98 SS and day in and day out these pussies in there Cobra's are looking at my taillights as I fly by them. I have not found a Mustang that can come even close to hanging with me. Untill I get beat by some little dick 4.6 or 5.0 Mustang, I say, Put up or shut up! </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Hey Ghosst, I love your car. That is one awesome white SS! Can I go for a ride?

22. Re: Camaro vs. Mustang

You never raced me. Your 98 SS would get killed. The ZL1 is a nice car I would have to admit that……But just one question for all you Chevy guys out there. How many of ya’ll actually have one considering it is a concept car and all. Or something that even comes close. Keep Dreamin Chevy. Ya'll seem to be doing a great job. Just a shame none of these new dreams will hit the production line.

And One more thing if the Firebird/Camaro is so much better then the Mustang why are they stopping the production. Just something to think about.

23. Re: Camaro vs. Mustang

first of all fords suck mad dick the only the that Ford has that is fast is the Ford Lighting and every know they get shit ass gas mileage its 8 or 7 miles to the gallion what shit is that

24. Re: Camaro vs. Mustang

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from American HP</i>
    <b> To the guy saying that his brothers audi can beat a viper or vette, what are you and your brother smoking?!? A stationwagon no less. I don't know a whole lot, but I really doudt that any of them can even stay close enough behind a viper or vette to see the taillights!

American HP. The only thing that my brother smokes is Vettes and Vipers. If you’d do your research before making absurd comments like the on above (i.e. look at the specs), then I believe you would have a lot less to say.

As for Will98, you too need to take a look at the specs of a Z28 or an SS compared to that of my Bro's wagon.
    Ill give you a foundation to start your research on: An RS4 does 0-60 in 4.5. Find a factory stock SS or Z28 that goes faster then you can talk.

25. Re: Camaro vs. Mustang

I'm talkin now about your brothers wagon, you think I didn't do my research? It does 4.5 if you run the absolute piss out of it and you'd still be lucky to hit that. The '98 SS does 5.4 on avg. The RS4 has a top speed of 164 mph and takes its sweet time to get there (165 sec.) The '98 SS does around 158 in 86 sec. You wanna talk about a drag the SS would get whooped.....up until right after the 1/4 mile, then it would pull ahead big time and in a mile long race it would take the RS4 by leaps and bounds. It also beats it in skidpad and slalom. Not to mention price?