camaro zl1 vs.this pile of crap

Discussion in '2002 Ford GT40 Concept' started by v8ss, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Re: camaro zl1 vs.this pile of crap

the 0 to 60 is 2.7 1/4 mile is 10.4 and its top speed is 230.0.. the zo6 would beat it but BARELY the zl1 is gonna be some competion.. what about the gt40?? whats its stats?? what kinda car do you drive??<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: camaro zl1 vs.this pile of crap

i drive a mx-6 gt. and hoping to get a mazda 323 allwheel drive(since i am going to start gravel rally), or a old wrx. don't get me wrong i am not a import lover i just like all cars, mostly cars owned by ford anyway.
    those are impressive numbers, it would i am sure beat this in the straight speed but not twisties. i have seen the photo off that car and it wasn't designed for course race.
    anyway if you think it can't beat the vette in twiesties than it wouldn't come very close to this either.
    sorry for just going off on you i thought you were one of those guys that hated ford for just having the name plate. i don't think you still like ford that much, but at least you are bringing a reasons behind it.

3. Re: camaro zl1 vs.this pile of crap

for the cornering.. i dono if it would beat the vette.. i have only seen a video clip of it dragging.. wrx's are pretty tight and pretty fast.. your right i'm not really a ford fan but some fords i do like.. like the saleen but not ALL of it is ford.. i think you should stick with the wrx it would be nice.. btw my names trey and i may be imature sometimes but.. thats because i'm just 18.. even thought its not a excuse i like to blame it on that.. later<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: camaro zl1 vs.this pile of crap

hey first off, the reason the gt40 was made in the 60s was to... WIN!!! it beat everything EVEN all the ferraris on the track, so i guess the camaro WOULD NOT stand a chance!!! so shut up on a subject u dont know about!!!<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: camaro zl1 vs.this pile of crap

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from v8ss</i>
    <b>do you know how fast it is??? i really don't care.. all i know is I think the zl1 will smoke it.. and a camaro can turn great btw.. i'm not saying i hate this car its just i dislike it because its a ford and everyone that i know that had a ford always said that it broke down. if i knew where i could find the damn website again then i would prove you wrong.. but since i don't i can't... and i'm sure your smiling like crazy because you think that you proved me wrong</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Everyone is smiling like crazy because of how stupid you sound. The real zl1 chevy built was built to compete against the ford msutang boss, for an article in motor trend(not 100% sure on the magazine).
    The boss mustang won the quarter mile run, and 0-60 times, but on the road course they both broke down, oiling problems. So the boss mustang came out on top. The zl1 on a side note didn't even use a chevy block, they cheated and used a race block not produced by chevy. Neither of the two cars I mentioned are production cars, both are just toys really for chevy and ford.
    The zl1 you are talking about is a camaro that a company called gmmg builts. Its really just a camaro that has the z06 engine in it. It also cost around $50,000+. It is not a chevy production vehicle, it is a tunner car. It also does not do 0-60 in 2.7 seconds moron.
    Now back to the original post. The gt-40 would rip apart any production camaro built, period. It would also kill the camaro zl1 on a race track. The real zl1 that went against the boss mustang. You must be mentally challenged to make a thread like this. Idiot.

6. Re: camaro zl1 vs.this pile of crap

ok zl1 you are a complete freaking moron.. everyone is now dumber for haveing read youre ramblings.. seriously they are CONCEPTS.. and the gt40 CONCEPT would wipe the floor with the zl1 on the track.. honestly if you dont know what youre talking about then get out of here.. ohh and for youre information the boss kicked the ever loving sh!t out of youre precious zl1.. soo much for no ford being able to beat it..

7. gt40 wouldn't stand a chance.. i kow this will start a war but.. face it gt40 would lose.<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: camaro zl1 vs.this pile of crap

and boss will woop your ass, if you know it will start a war why the hell did you bring it up. there are somany fords that can woop chevys ass its not even funny.

9. Re: camaro zl1 vs.this pile of crap

name one<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: camaro zl1 vs.this pile of crap

o and btw the boss wil not whoop the zl1s ass it ran 9.33 in 1/4 mile.. come on get real the boss falls apart @ 110.. same old crappy ford<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: camaro zl1 vs.this pile of crap

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from v8ss</i>
    <b>o and btw the boss wil not whoop the zl1s ass it ran 9.33 in 1/4 mile.. come on get real the boss falls apart @ 110.. same old crappy ford</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->and how many were made? as far as i know THERE WEREN'T MADE!<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: camaro zl1 vs.this pile of crap

answer me this you camaro z/1 is a tuner because i sure know its not stock. and there so go to any real dragster races and see what mustangs run, even fords. just shut your mouth.

13. Re: camaro zl1 vs.this pile of crap

go to berger chevy.com i forget where you go but the zl1 was put in production.. but only a limited amount and the zl1 is stock so u shut your mouth<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: camaro zl1 vs.this pile of crap

i am not going to look for something i know is not made by chev. if you want to prove me wrong bring facts. anyway burger is a tuner not stock. its like salleen or others. prove me wrong.
    anyway what makes this a pile of crap do you know how fast it is, do you know what the top speed is, do you know enything about this car. no you don't, all we know is it is made to go fast.

15. Re: camaro zl1 vs.this pile of crap

you guys are all blithering idiots.
    the GT40 would whoop the camaro up and down any track.
    because, *gasp* IT CAN TURN!

16. Re: camaro zl1 vs.this pile of crap

do you know how fast it is??? i really don't care.. all i know is I think the zl1 will smoke it.. and a camaro can turn great btw.. i'm not saying i hate this car its just i dislike it because its a ford and everyone that i know that had a ford always said that it broke down. if i knew where i could find the damn website again then i would prove you wrong.. but since i don't i can't... and i'm sure your smiling like crazy because you think that you proved me wrong<!-- Signature -->

17. Re: camaro zl1 vs.this pile of crap

could you tell me this since i don't have all the information on this camaro. 1. what is the accel? 2. quarter mile? 3. do you think it would beat z06 in a course.
    i was smiling from the start of this discusion you know why because other gm fans tryed to pull the same thing you are but they were proven wrong.
    anyway you say there are more fords braking down than gm, acually gm is pretty close to ford, only last year gm has improved their quality, and i give them credit for that greatly. but know this there are more gm cars with engine failure than ford.
    i say this topic is over know.

18. Re: camaro zl1 vs.this pile of crap

ALSO the ZL1 is DEFINATELY NOT stock... and the fact that chevy had to put in an engine that wasnt even theirs to come close to competeing with the boss is just SAD!!!!

19. Re: camaro zl1 vs.this pile of crap

Wow...what a shock...a moron who likes Camaros. Did you neglect to mention to all these nice people that the Boss Mustang handed the ZL1 it's ass running on 7 cylinders with less motor? Gee...I doubt you did. You're #$%#ing pathetic. My guess is that your "V8 SS" is up on blocks in your front yard, you white trash crotch goblin.

20. Re: camaro zl1 vs.this pile of crap

I'm not even sure why a person would say camaro vs. gt40...

camaro's aren't track cars... nor street cars... the only nice camero is like a 70 SS and that just becuase it has the excuse of being an old muscle car... camaro's aren't corner cars... nor are they in any sort of the same class as the GT40... grow up..

the guy in his camaro drools as the GT40 seems to be powered by god... and leaves him in the dust.

21. Re: camaro zl1 vs.this pile of crap

just wait till the super vette comes out

22. Re: camaro zl1 vs.this pile of crap

what the hell is the super vette.

23. Re: camaro zl1 vs.this pile of crap

wtf v8ss u dont know shit his would smoke ne chevy out now and go look up the camaro again they didnt make it ur full of shit its a concept just like this only this is gonna be made just liek the mustang svt would kill a tarnsam fully loaded firehawk this would kill a camro and the camro cant turn fo shit look up stats see the turnong radius compared to otheer cars they suck and finally gm is realizing ford is kiking theyre ass in sales anf quality along wit perofrmance and they ar erealizing they bneed to get out and the camaro and trans am are no dead at the end of this year they know how bad of a car they are and know no w they need to end it b/c the suck.

24. Re: camaro zl1 vs.this pile of crap

Yeah hey guess what? This is the last year of Camaro production, I'm glad because I was sick of the wedge doorstop styling. The Zl1 IS a tuner car because the burger dealership does the work. As in DEALER installed vs. FACTORY installed. When the original GT40 came out, it won 1st 2nd and 3rd place at lemans, smoking Ferrari. I don't think that the Zl1 with it's clumsy chassis and impossible to work on engine bay (spark plug replacements should be done from under the car!) could beat this lemans road racing pedigree. By the way, My 5.0 would smoke the shit out of your camaro and the new cobra ate the new SS for breakfast both on the strip and on the track. Ha Ha

25. Re: camaro zl1 vs.this pile of crap

I can't even BEGIN to respond to any of this...